Staterooms at very front of ship, looking out on bow. Anyone stayed in one?!

We are staying in 6502 on FOS and I was wondering what the view is like on these types of cabins. We have always stayed balcony before so we wanted to try something new with an oceanview.

Anyone have any pictures from a Voyager or Freedom class ship from any of the cabins that look at the bow?

I know that there is likely to be more motion, which is not a problem.

I did an oceanview facing off the bow on HAL's Zuiderdam. The seas were rough one night and our cabin was going up and down. It was fun stumbling across the cabin in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Other than that one night, I did not notice much difference in movement compared to my parent's cabin mid-ship.

The view is amazing when you are sailing into port. I took some great pictures of Tortola from our window.

Edited by RedHeadTexan
View

I sailed in one on IOS (sister ship) and posted some pics on another thread. I looked into cabins that should be similar to yours, but I don't have a pic. On first glance, it did not seem much bigger than the ones next door. Here's a link to my pics and comments from IOS: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1133404&highlight=

We sailed in a cabin like that on Crown cruise line (now defunct). One word of caution - you need to keep your blinds closed at night because the light from the room will shine up on the bridge and the captain can't see. We found that out the hard way when the captain himself came down and asked us to close our blinds.:o

We sailed in a cabin like that on Crown cruise line (now defunct). One word of caution - you need to keep your blinds closed at night because the light from the room will shine up on the bridge and the captain can't see. We found that out the hard way when the captain himself came down and asked us to close our blinds.:o

Very helpful to know. I have heard of similar things happening to people who stay in balconies close to the bridge. You'd think they'd leave a notice in the rooms that would affect the visibility.

We stayed in outside view cabin on IOS last year and there was a sign in the room telling you that you must keep curtains closed in evening to avoid distracting the captain, etc. on the bridge. It wasn't a problem; you could have them open in daytime and at night; they could be open to look out with the lights off. We really liked the room. No rougher than any other place on the ship in our experience. Would take that room again in a minute.

My daughter and SIL stayed in a bow cabin on AOS just a couple of weeks ago. They loved it...spacious and a great view. Seas were relatively calm throughout the cruise, so she didn't make any comment about motion. She took a few pictures of the cabin, and if I can figure out how to post them, I'll send them along.

We stayed there on Voyager of the Seas. Very convenient to the adult pool/spa area. Long walk back to the rear of the ship. The layout of Voyager makes it very convenient no matter where you are. We always had easy access to coffee and food downstairs on the Promanade without having to walk to the rear of the ship. However, if you have children wanting access to the kid areas it might be less convenient. For adults, it was fine.

We never noticed any issues with motion being so far forward. I would assume in heavy seas you might notice a difference but we never did. I enjoyed a different kind of view but as others have pointed out, you must keepo the drapes closed at night. Overall, I would book again without hesitation.

We leave for our cruise this Sunday on VOS and have room 7506. I've read where people say these rooms are the next best thing to a mini-suite. Here's a picture that I have found,,,,Cabin 7206 on MOS http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1199217587051639614vDGMKB

When I get back I'll post some pictures.

Edited by SWTSKY

We stayed in 6206 on FOS about two years ago and it was one of the best cabins we have ever had! It was huge, the bathroom was at the back, there was a large sofa and the bed was near the window which was round and extremely large. There was lots of extra room to walk around and the window had an excellent view of the bow and the helipad. The view was spectacular. We did not notice any more movement than normal and we would happily book a similar location again. Enjoy!

• 5 years later...

I am interested in the new floor to ceiling window cabins on deck 12 on Liberty. Hoping we will get someone on our roll call in one of those so we can do a crawl. I would think the view from that one is stellar!! No one above you, no one can see in below you except maybe from helipad and a full 180 view of the sea!