Celebration - anniversary birthday etc

jnmanderson

Hi -

I have a quick question DH and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks and will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. I know it stated for us to be in date of celebration and what we are celebrating but what do they do? Something at dinner time?

Just wondering what to expect.

Michelle

Do you have traditional or anytime dining? if traditional, they should know in the dining room and bring you a cake, embarrass the hell out of you by singing :) if you have anytime, they'll be a card in your room to present to your waiter in your dining room of choice that night and they'll do the same. You should also find balloons outside your door that morning.

OK this is really funny. We had ours last May on a cruise. You get a small, very small, tube cake. It is really good though. The staff comes out and with there foreign accents it sounds just like this. Ready, sing along.

HAPPY ANNIVER SORRY TO YOU, HAPPY ANNIVER SORRY TO YOU.

We had friends with us and we were crying laughing. It was our 32nd and the next cruise on May 9th 33rd......if I'm counting right.

Anyway congrats to you.

DW and I always do traditional dining. On our last cruise it was my b-day and we decided we didn't want dessert. The waiter wasn't around and we were ready to go so we left. When we returned to our cabin a couple of hours later, our waiter had the b-day dessert delivered to our room waiting for us with a nice note from him. Thought that was a nice touch.

We just celebrated an anniversary on the Ruby last week...it was put in our personalizer on line and we had all the trimmings.... balloons...card from the Captain...a nice cake and 3 waiters from 3 different countries with 3 different accents singing" Happy Anniversary"..or at least I think it was that...

a nice time...

PS: you get a card in your room saying to present it to your waiter the night you want the cake...

It does not hurt to confirm with your room steward that he knows of the event as it is he/she that puts up the balloons. It also does not hurt to confirm the evening of the celebration that the headwaiter in Traditional dining also knows about it.

That way you will not be disappointed if there had been a communication glitch.

OK this is really funny. We had ours last May on a cruise. You get a small, very small, tube cake. It is really good though. The staff comes out and with there foreign accents it sounds just like this. Ready, sing along.

HAPPY ANNIVER SORRY TO YOU, HAPPY ANNIVER SORRY TO YOU.

We had friends with us and we were crying laughing. It was our 32nd and the next cruise on May 9th 33rd......if I'm counting right.

Anyway congrats to you.

Us too... We celebrated our 32nd last year onboard the Disney Wonder, and this year we will celebrate our 33rd on the Star Princess. I liked the door decorations on Princess, it helps me find my cabin. Just look for the baloons.

We just got off the Island and my birthday was 2 days before so I put it in the personalizer.

Although we saw many cabins with balloons and signs saying Happy Birthday Mr. Jones or Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I did not get either. I did get an invitation to a special sale at a shop in Ocho Rios (in recognition of my birthday) - I didn't go. My cabin steward asked who's BD it was and I said mine and he wished me happy BD, but that was it.

In the dining room, our waitress presented me with a card signed by the captain (big joke was this captain had left the ship 2 sailings before!) and the special dessert described above. The waiters also sang.

Last cruise was on my husbands BD and he got just the opposite. Balloons on the door, but nothing in the dining room.

We just got off the Island and my birthday was 2 days before so I put it in the personalizer.

Although we saw many cabins with balloons and signs saying Happy Birthday Mr. Jones or Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I did not get either. I did get an invitation to a special sale at a shop in Ocho Rios (in recognition of my birthday) - I didn't go. My cabin steward asked who's BD it was and I said mine and he wished me happy BD, but that was it.

Last cruise was on my husbands BD and he got just the opposite. Balloons on the door, but nothing in the dining room.

see post #15

Archived