Celebrity Solstice, Carnival Liberty or RCCL Grandeur with 10 & 8 year old

jessandtwo

Trying to decide on a cruise for our family to go on at the end of July/beginning of August. The ports don't matter as much as activities for the kids. I have two boys ages 10 & 8 and these are really the only cruises that have availability/within the budget that we can work into the schedule.

We are debating between the Solstice, the Carnival Liberty and the RCCL Grandeur.

Any pros/cons on any of these ships?

Thanks,

Jess

While we LOVED the Solstice and X has great kids programs, with 8 and 10YO boys you may want to consider RCCI. RCCI also has great kids programs but has many more kid-friendly on-board activities.

My rather artsy 14YO DD loved the Hot Glass Show and playing boche and crouquette on the "lawn" on the Solstice, but I don't know if 8 and 10YOs would be similarly entertained. :)

No experience with Carnival.

Remember, tho...Granduer is an older ship without the "bells and whistles" of the Freedom or even Voyager class ships! They'll still have a great time....but no flowrider, no skating...stuff like that...no putt-putt!

Solstice is not all that child friendly---we saw lots of bored kids on our Solstice cruise during President's Week. For children the ages of yours I would select either Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Archived