Questions about Putting that $250 deposit down and getting your $100 onboard credit

NJ04SS

I am considering doing this, but my question is - when it comes time to book, do I have to book through NCL or can you go to a personal Travel Agent? Appreciate the info!

Ive used it going thru and online travel agent, local travel agent and direct with NCL. They just need your Lattiudes number (which they can look up if you cant find) and you are good to go! :D

I am considering doing this, but my question is - when it comes time to book, do I have to book through NCL or can you go to a personal Travel Agent? Appreciate the info!

You just need to let your TA know you have a certificate. It should show you have one when they go to book it with NCL. When I booked with NCL they had the info right there and I didn't have to mail it in, not sure about that with TA though.

You just need to let your TA know you have a certificate. It should show you have one when they go to book it with NCL. When I booked with NCL they had the info right there and I didn't have to mail it in, not sure about that with TA though.

I never had to mail it in. The TA just has to know you have it and takes care of it with NCL. As you say, NCL has the record in their computers.

Appreciate it. Think It'd be a good deal - plus we never have been let down on an NCL cruise before:D Just get it straight, you put down $250.00 deposit (which will be used FOR PAYMENT on your next cruise) and they give you $100 just for making this reservation?!?

You can book with anyone. And it isn't a "certificate". The depost is directly linked to your Latitudes number. All you do, is give that number to your booking agent, and they redeem it as your deposit.

While on the cruise, you sign up for the certificate (They will have forms at the front desk or they have events where you can get them) and they will charge your account $250 but give you a $100 OBC to use how you like. When you are ready to book another cruise, you use your $250 certificate as your deposit. It's a great deal!!:)

Appreciate it. Think It'd be a good deal - plus we never have been let down on an NCL cruise before:D Just get it straight, you put down $250.00 deposit (which will be used FOR PAYMENT on your next cruise) and they give you $100 just for making this reservation?!?

That's right, pretty much free money if you know you will book another cruise. And it makes it so much easier to book that next cruise. A win-win! :D

they are GREAT...purchased 4 of them on my dec cruise...NICE to have that $400 OBC for a 2 weeker:D

one for a gift and 3 for us....WONDERFUL when you go to book a NCL CRUISE and you dont have to come up with the deposit...its a LIFESAVER:)

What about if your two not married individuals - can you each put down $250 and use it on the same reservation later on? (my girlfriend and I)

You can each purchase multiple certificates if you want but you only need use one for the deposit when you book a cruise in the future. The $250.00 (one certificate) covers the whole deposit.

You can each purchase multiple certificates if you want but you only need use one for the deposit when you book a cruise in the future. The $250.00 (one certificate) covers the whole deposit.

My question is if this is the case, and my girlfriend and I split the cruise and we have separate on board spending accounts, will we both be eligible for $100 each?

My question is if this is the case, and my girlfriend and I split the cruise and we have separate on board spending accounts, will we both be eligible for $100 each?

Yes. If you each purchase a certificate on your own account then each on-board account would be charged $250.00 and then credited for a $100.00 OBC. It is a $100.00 credit per Cert. :)

Does anyone know if these certificates can be used to book in the UK or would I need to book via US NCL site/agent?

You can use then for any NCL booking through any where.

They are attached to your latitudes No.

There used to be problems transfering them but that seems to have been sorted.

If you book through the US it can be easier to get them transfered to another cruise if you have to cancel. often cheaper as well.

Forget all this OBC it is just marketing drivel there is none,

You pay $150 for a $250 certificate, you save the money when you use it for a deposit

You can use then for any NCL booking through any where.

They are attached to your latitudes No.

There used to be problems transfering them but that seems to have been sorted.

If you book through the US it can be easier to get them transfered to another cruise if you have to cancel. often cheaper as well.

Forget all this OBC it is just marketing drivel there is none,

You pay $150 for a $250 certificate, you save the money when you use it for a deposit

Even if its just a discounted voucher, thats still a good deal!

Does anyone know if these certificates can be used to book in the UK or would I need to book via US NCL site/agent?

I used one last week with a UK agent. They had no idea what I was talking about but they did phone ncl and as it is attached to your latitudes number NCL told them what to do. No problem from then on at all.

Suppose you buy 4 certificates but only have a ship board account owing $300.00 Will you get the extra $100 back in cash?

That can't happen since, as insidecabin points out, it is really just taking $100 off the price of the $250 certificate. When you buy 4 of them, you are putting $1000 on your account (4 x $250), and getting a $400 credit. So, the 4 only really cost you $600.00

Archived