Prettiest Ship

Bridge Maven

Prettiest Ship: Jewel of the Seas

Nicest Cabin: Windstar (small, no balcony, but wonderfully appointed and best layout!)

Unique Amenities: I'd have to also say Windstar...where else can you jump off the back of the ship for a kayak?

ALl this being said, we're getting ready for our first Celebrity cruise on Solstice...and can't wait!

Prettiest ship - Radiance of the Seas (Solstice a rather distant second, then nothing else comes close!)

Nicest cabin - loved the Solstice cabin, really liked 8666 on Radiance (funky larger balconey)

Amenities - no one ship stands out. Did like to be able to ice skate (V-class RCCI), Loved some of the private little nooks and cranies on Radiance -- as always great views, Hot Glass show on Soltice and Equinox the BEST!

prettiest -- I have always loved Constellation. Even the choices of artwork in the passageways.

nicest cabin -- I'm one of the few who has ever been on Residensea, but I would have to say that it had the nicest cabin I've ever been in. I was in a regular room, not one of the apartments.

most unique amenities -- again, Residensea. The sports deck that lowered to the water line from which you could launch a small sailboat or kayak was amazing. Interesting enough, I can't say that I loved the cruise itself outside of a few unique experiences.

I prefer the old, more traditional cruise ship looks, so the QE2, the old Sitmar ships, and the ships of the Royal Viking line. I cannot stand the behemoth ships---they aren't cruise ships but floating resorts.

Best cabins: Regent, by a huge margin. The biggest standard cabins at sea.

Best amenities is by far Crystal.

I prefer the old, more traditional cruise ship looks, so the QE2, the old Sitmar ships, and the ships of the Royal Viking line. I cannot stand the behemoth ships---they aren't cruise ships but floating resorts.

Best cabins: Regent, by a huge margin. The biggest standard cabins at sea.

Best amenities is by far Crystal.

What kind of amenities, does crystal have?:)

Even as a die hard Celebrity fan I have go say I've always liked the decor and staterooms on Princess more. I really liked the mini suites for a cabin that is in the general price range of non-suite rooms and I like the overall decor and layout of their ships a lot - especially the Island Princess (last one we were on in 2005).

With that said it has been years since we were on Princess and we were on the Equinox a year ago and the S-class is a big step up in appearances. We really enjoyed the public areas on Equinox - especially the decor and seating in public spaces and the lounge areas.

But "prettiest" doesn't equate to best and we really prefer the overall experience on Celebrity.

Archived