Purchase On Board Cruise Credit

roger001

If you are not familar with it and think you might be cruising with NCL again within 4 years, let me recommend the On Board Credit program. It was new to me this past cruise and I purchased it while on the ship (just goes on your credit card). Yesterday I booked a future cruise. The immediate deposit required was $800. Instead, NCL used the $250 as my deposit in full, which is fully refundable and can be used again if I cancel within 75 days of this cruise. Additionally, I got an immediate $100 credit off my bill from my last weeks cruise. I realize this is familar territory for most of you, but thought I'd clue in newbies to the program like myself. It's a good deal.

If you are not familar with it and think you might be cruising with NCL again within 4 years, let me recommend the On Board Credit program. It was new to me this past cruise and I purchased it while on the ship (just goes on your credit card). Yesterday I booked a future cruise. The immediate deposit required was $800. Instead, NCL used the $250 as my deposit in full, which is fully refundable and can be used again if I cancel within 75 days of this cruise. Additionally, I got an immediate $100 credit off my bill from my last weeks cruise. I realize this is familar territory for most of you, but thought I'd clue in newbies to the program like myself. It's a good deal.

Definitely a good deal; a no brainer actually! We've got 2 sitting in wait while deciding where we are going next. :)

It is a good deal. It gets you to come back. But if someone isn't sure, or it's their first cruise, they (IMHO) should think twice about it.

Oh but the cruise reward can be purchased anytime right up until the last full day. Even first time cruisers should know at that point if they will return to cruise again with NCL. Plus, we've got 4 years to book & sail now!

Oh but the cruise reward can be purchased anytime right up until the last full day. Even first time cruisers should know at that point if they will return to cruise again with NCL. Plus, we've got 4 years to book & sail now!

Well, I'm not looking to argue :) we liked NCL enough on our first cruise that we bought the reward. We took a cruise on a different line a few months later, which we preferred over NCL. While NCL is fine, the only reason my upcoming cruise is with them is because I had the reward already. When ever the cruise after that is, I don't expect it to be with either NCL or the other line.

That sounds like a great deal. I've been on 9 or 10 cruises, but this Oct will be my first on NCL. I've read (here at CC) about this deal, but I didn't realize that they would take the $250 as deposit in full. Now that makes the deal even better. Thank you for sharing that info.

That sounds like a great deal. I've been on 9 or 10 cruises, but this Oct will be my first on NCL. I've read (here at CC) about this deal, but I didn't realize that they would take the $250 as deposit in full. Now that makes the deal even better. Thank you for sharing that info.

There's one small catch- it can't be used as the full deposit for some (or maybe all) of the suites, but you still get $250 applied to that deposit.

There's one small catch- it can't be used as the full deposit for some (or maybe all) of the suites, but you still get $250 applied to that deposit.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I ever book a suite. I usually book a balcony cabin. I can't see spending that much on a suite, and I won't book one because I know I'll change that opinion the first time in a suite....then I'm stuck. :D

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I ever book a suite. I usually book a balcony cabin. I can't see spending that much on a suite, and I won't book one because I know I'll change that opinion the first time in a suite....then I'm stuck. :D

Right there with you on that one. I know that NCL does suites like no one else but I'd rather not get hooked on it right yet, 'twould be an expensive habit:eek:.

Our cruise reward covered the deposit in full on our AB suite...

I know it does not cover the deposit in full on the Garden or Courtyard Villas.

We bought one last month and have it, JUST IN CASE the $199 fare comes into play late Nov,Dec.:)

My DW loves it that she is "On Standby,"Knowing that another cruise could be only 72 hours away.:cool:

P.s I also read that if your a big gambler,NCl will even give you a free cruise,less Port fees and taxes.

Archived