johnny rockets breakfast

What type of breakfast is available at Johnny Rockets? and any of the other alternative breakfast restaurants?

Is it a small buffet, continental breakfast or a sit down and order type meal?

thanks for any info.:)

I've heard the Windjammer has its typical breakfast buffet...eggs/omelets/meats/pancakes/waffles/pastries etc..

There are also a alot of cafes that serve lite breakfast fare (i.e. Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, Donut Shop, Solarium Bistro, MDR, etc...

Someone gave me this link to check out menus and a restaurant list:

http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/

Hope this helps...:)

I was on Oasis last week and if I had one complaint, it would be the crowds at the Windjammer during breakfast hours.....especially sea days.

I only ate breakfast there twice. The rest of the time, we ate at Johnny Rockets. It's not a buffet, but off a menu. However, it is rather limited.......pancakes, eggs, etc. The good points of eating there....they cook it up fresh, you can sit outside and enjoy the weather, and the service is very good.

We also had the free breakfast several times at JR's. It's a "sit down and be served" diner style breakfast, nothing fancy, but cooked to order and very good if you like diner food. No hassle like WJ. Try it.

Rick and Deirdra

What type of breakfast is available at Johnny Rockets? and any of the other alternative breakfast restaurants?

Is it a small buffet, continental breakfast or a sit down and order type meal?

thanks for any info.:)

Sit down and be served typical breakfast menu. We only ate there once during our 7 night voyage but I really enjoyed it. Next time it will be closer to the top of our list of breakfast venues.

We didn't get good service the two times we ate in the MDR in the Diamond section. I didn't care for the crowds or set up of the Windjammer. I liked the venue in the Solarium Bistro but not so much the offerings. We never had breakfast at Park Cafe so we'll have to give it a shot next time around. The donuts at the donut shop were only so-so IMHO. Room service was good the one morning we decided to go with that option.

So, next time on Allure I think we'll either be having breakfast with room service, at JR's or maybe Park Cafe if they turn out to be pretty decent. Places to skip will be the MDR and the buffet's. The Solarium will be an option if all we want is a little fruit. I did enjoy the Miso Soup at the Solarium Bistro and might have to drop by for a bowel some morning and to enjoy the fresh sea air.

We had JR's breakfast 6 days out of 7. LOVED it!!!!!! No crowds, sat down imediately, food served hot and fresh, no fighting for a table (like the windjammer), it was THAT good we wouldnt have minded if there was a charge to eat there, but since there wasnt we did leave a nice tip every day.

hope this helps.

We ate at Johnny Rocket's twice for breakfast and loved it both times. It is great to sit 'outside' and people-watch. The staff perform a dance once in a while too. My favorite breakfast restaurant was the Park Cafe. They make breakfast paninis with ham, cheese, etc. You can get cups of fruit such as pineapple and watermelon too. The OJ was really good there. My hubby loved it over ice. I have to say that I was not disappointed in any of my meals anywhere. Maybe I'm easy to please but I thought the suppers in the MDR were very good, especially the lobster and the warm chocolate cake!

RE: breakfast and lunch

park cafe breakfast and lunch had several options, was not crowded and very good not served buffet but over the counter "clean" and quick. solarium breakfast was buffet and was ok. don't care for DR or windjammer for so didn't partake.

Note that for breakfast at JR, they will still ask for your Sea Pass card. I was surprised coz it's free, but seeing my hesitation they assured me it was just for taking the order. All items were indeed $0. But maybe they do that so you can leave a tip.

I found that the eggs were not done enough for my taste - I like them with a little colour on the bottom but these were pure white all over. Their bacon was crispy and crunchy but just a little overcooked.

See my web page for hours

http://toras.comuv.com/oasis.html

We had breakfast there twice and they never asked for the card. We have to think they are tracking who eats breakfast there and what cabins they are in. Likely that they are still tweakin' Oasis and trying to spread out the dining crowds.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived