Pt cabins on the dream

GGBOXERS

We booked a PT CABIN on our upcoming DREAM cruise. Riviera Deck.

Wondering if anyone who has been there and done that already has any review or photos that they would like to share.

THANKS in advance! :)

GGBOXERS

There are a lot of PT cabin pictures of other ships, which should be pretty much the same. PTs used to be 5As so they are OV size on the Dream, just have port holes instead of a full size window, becaue they are all forward where the hull curves.

I really like these rooms, especially since on certain ships a couple connect to an Oceanview room. However, I have to ask...what is that brown "cover/blanket/leather looking" thing on the bed? I have seen that in several pictures and didn't know what it was used for.

Thanks!

I really like these rooms, especially since on certain ships a couple connect to an Oceanview room. However, I have to ask...what is that brown "cover/blanket/leather looking" thing on the bed? I have seen that in several pictures and didn't know what it was used for.

Thanks!

It is to put your luggage on the bed so that it does not get dirty. I just roll it up and throw it under the bed after unpacking.

Thats a nice picture, my pictures dont get that much in the same picture.

I can't take the credit - they are form Zydecocruiser

This is the home page - scroll down and you will see another of different links to cabin pictures.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/index.htm

All the pics on the above site are great!!

Here are a few more:

DreamPorthole2-1.jpg

DreamPorthole.jpg

Thanks!

The cabin steward puts it on there, so you can put your suitcase on it, when you're unpacking (helps to keep the bedspread clean). When you're done using it, you can roll it up, and stow it under your bed.:cool:

Thanks! That makes alot of sense. On to my next question!:o I saw in several of the pictures that it looked like part of the port hole window "opened" somehow. Is that just a double glass thing, or surely it doesn't really open?

Thanks again!

Thanks! That makes alot of sense. On to my next question!:o I saw in several of the pictures that it looked like part of the port hole window "opened" somehow. Is that just a double glass thing, or surely it doesn't really open?

Thanks again!

No, the port holes do not open. I am not 100% sure but am 99% sure :D that those are covers to block the light. In the evening you are asked to keep those closed as the light shining though the portholes hinders the navigating of the ship - or something all that line.

This is all hearsay at the moment, I will be in my first porthole cabin in TWO weeks!!! on the Dream!!

My cabin will be a 1A though, slightly different than the actual Port Hole category cabins. 1A's are smaller and only have 1 bed and a convertible couch or an upper bunk.

These are pictures of the 1A porthole cabin - you will see that it is a single bed.

DreamPorthole2.jpg

DreamPorthole1.jpg

DreamPorthole4.jpg

A BIG THANKS to all who responded! I really appreciate the photos!

When we return from our Dream cruise, I will post my thoughts about our PT Cabin and supply additional photos.

Thanks again!

GGBOXERS

A BIG THANKS to all who responded! I really appreciate the photos!

When we return from our Dream cruise, I will post my thoughts about our PT Cabin and supply additional photos.

Thanks again!

GGBOXERS

When are you cruising on the Dream? I leave in 2 weeks and will be doing a B2B :D

Like I said earlier, I have a 1A porthole cabin booked. for my 2nd week, friends are joining me and they have a porthole category room right beside mine.

I can't wait!!! :D

Archived