Marina Oceania Suites

What A Market

Question regarding the location of some of the Oceania Suites on the Marina: A whole group of these suites are located directly below the Aerobic and Fitness Rooms. This seems an odd setting for this new class of suite. Granted the gym equipment has to go somewhere, but I'm still surprised. At first glance, it would certainly keep me from booking one of these suites. Has there been any commentary from Oceania as to how these suites are insulated given this arrangement?

Thanks in advance for any input from all the Oceania experts.

Question regarding the location of some of the Oceania Suites on the Marina: A whole group of these suites are located directly below the Aerobic and Fitness Rooms. This seems an odd setting for this new class of suite. Granted the gym equipment has to go somewhere, but I'm still surprised. At first glance, it would certainly keep me from booking one of these suites. Has there been any commentary from Oceania as to how these suites are insulated given this arrangement?

Thanks in advance for any input from all the Oceania experts.

Yes,I noticed that.

It does seem an odd position for these top suites,but there are always some poor suites on any ship.We will not know if there are problems regarding noise until she sails.

Has there been any commentary from Oceania as to how these suites are insulated given this arrangement?

How funny that you asked this.

As it happens, we asked this exact question of the designer, Dakota Jackson, when we toured the Marina in February. We were very interested because we're booked into an Oceania Suite for the Inaugural Passage.

The floor of the fitness center on Deck 14 is raised and cushioned from below, which prevents bone fatigue, and "free floating" which radically reduces vibration noise.

Also, the space above the finished ceiling on deck 12 is quite deep (see below). Those beams are more than two feet thick.

openspace.jpg Additional sound deadening insulation is being installed above the suites, in the same space as the ducting will be over the Culinary Center.

This brings us to another almost intangible point:

One of the things that most impressed us about the Marina was the solid, craftsman-like way that she is being built. The construction feels pre-war in its' quality.

The layout is spacious, and the finish is first class. This ship is being built for a demanding market, and it shows.

We are booked in 2011 on Marina and reserved a PH2 simply because it is located below the Oceania Suites. I did not want to be below the Pool area which could be noisy.

In August 2010 we are in an OS on Nautica and it will be an interesting comparison.

Brian

Thanks to you and Don for all the good info and pics of the Marina. In one picture it seems as there may be an overhang of top decks. (It may simply be an illusion..) At any rate, we have booked a cabin on Deck 9 (9036)....and I am wondering if it will seem like "not as bright and sunny" as other ships in that location. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks..

it seems as there may be an overhang of top decks. (It may simply be an illusion..) At any rate, we have booked a cabin on Deck 9 (9036)....and I am wondering if it will seem like "not as bright and sunny" as other ships in that location.

You have a good eye, deck 12 overhangs by about ten feet on each side.

221749.jpg

However. your deck 9 cabin should be far enough below deck 12 so that the sunlight is not effected significantly.

Does anyone else think that the Vista suites on deck 9 look like they have a smaller deck?

Yes, on the Marina the Vista Suites on different decks have VERY different veranda sizes. The deckplans are not precisely to scale, but they give you a pretty good idea.

cat-vs-3ds.jpg

According to Jimand Stan and a photo that you can see on this thread, there is a large overhang on Deck 12 extending (so they say) about 10ft.

This could be a problem with sunlight etc.

I have no idea as to the accuracy of any of this but we are now looking at Deck 10 as an alternative.

Brian

Why are people changing cabins?

The only official "cabin changer", SZDIVER, was doing so because of the differences in veranda sizes between the Vista suites on the varous decks.

The others are only weighing their options based on the overhang, and the location of alternative cabin space.

Thanks JimandStan for the information we have gotten here. Having never been on Oceania as yet, we are interested in anything we can find out that gives us more deck space. The Vista Suite picture does not, however, show a jacuzzi on the deck. The description shows there to be one. Do we know yet what is correct? We are waitlisted for an oceania suite in the aft because my hubby gets a little seasick in front some times.

Any one know if there will be a stall shower in the Oceania Suites? I always thought having one in an OS on the older ships would be better than the second half bathroom.

Per the brochure, Vista Suites will vary from 1200 to 1500 sq.ft. Obviously, the difference will be due to the veranda. Until the ship is built, I doubt that anyone knows, other than FDR, which suite will have which sq. footage.

We booked VS 9000 for the SF to MIA run. As long it's at least 1200 sq. ft., I could not care less.

And there better be a jacquzzi on the veranda for the VS.That's one of the reasons we booked it.

Per the brochure, Vista Suites will vary from 1200 to 1500 sq.ft. Obviously, the difference will be due to the veranda. Until the ship is built, I doubt that anyone knows, other than FDR, which suite will have which sq. footage.

We booked VS 9000 for the SF to MIA run. As long it's at least 1200 sq. ft., I could not care less.

And there better be a jacquzzi on the veranda for the VS.That's one of the reasons we booked it.

We will wait to hear how your VS is....let us know about the veranda, as this is the deck we had booked. Wish we could be on with you all.....can't wait to meet up with this great bunch.

Any one know if there will be a stall shower in the Oceania Suites? I always thought having one in an OS on the older ships would be better than the second half bathroom

Yes, there will be. There are tubs and shower stalls in every class of suite on the Marina. You will be very happy with the size of them.

there better be a jacquzzi on the veranda for the VS. That's one of the reasons we booked it.

m-staterooms-3d-vs.jpg

Although Oceanias' own illustration of the Vista Suite does not show the jacuzzi on the Veranda, it is still promised in the literature:

"Indulge in a relaxing soak in one of your suite’s two Jacuzzis – on your private veranda or in your lavish Master Bath."

m-staterooms-3d-os.jpg

Oddly, although the depiction of the Owners suites is also without the Jacuzzi, it appears in the one for the Oceania Suites

m-staterooms-3d-oc.jpg

Archived