Marina Oceania Suites

What A Market

Oceania Cruises took the first step in building a ship at the ceremony commemorating the cutting of the first piece of steel and announced the new vessel’s name: Marina. The first of two new ships to enter the fleet will set sail September, 2010. The 66,000-ton Marina will carry 1,252 passengers in elegant creature comforts. Oceania will continue its policy of single open seating and aboard Marina, passengers will have six restaurants to choose from, none carrying a surcharge.

I have been offered 10030 which although more to the centre, it is right by the 4 Elevators.

Anyone with any experience on noise at this type of location ?

Brian

We had a PH on the Regatta midships that was right by the elevators. Not a single problem with noise.

Oceania Cruises took the first step in building a ship at the ceremony commemorating the cutting of the first piece of steel and announced the new vessel’s name: Marina. The first of two new ships to enter the fleet will set sail September, 2010. The 66,000-ton Marina will carry 1,252 passengers in elegant creature comforts. Oceania will continue its policy of single open seating and aboard Marina, passengers will have six restaurants to choose from, none carrying a surcharge.

Thanks, but that information is somewhat out of date. The steel cutting ceremony for Marina was about a year ago, she has been floated out of her dry dock, and will be complete in January, 2011, not September. There has also been a steel-cutting ceremony for the second ship of the class, to be named Riviera, due to sail around April of 2012.

Yes, there will be. There are tubs and shower stalls in every class of suite on the Marina. You will be very happy with the size of them.

That's good news. I found getting in an out of the tub/shower in an OS somewhat difficult/dangerous especially when the ship was moving.

That's good news. I found getting in an out of the tub/shower in an OS somewhat difficult/dangerous especially when the ship was moving.

You're right Digby, that last step in, or first step out was always a doozey!

You're right Digby, that last step in, or first step out was always a doozey!

I slipped and fell getting into our bathtub on the Insignia last May and when I mentioned it to our butler, he told me that they have bathmats if passengers ask for them to prevent slipping. It certainly isn't common knowledge among the passengers! I don't know if they have enough for every suite with a tub or not. It will be interesting on the Marina if all the cabins and suites have tubs---how many bathmats will they have??

It really is a lawsuit waiting to happen--they should provide it as a standard piece of equipment for every bathtub. Can you tell I am married to a former attorney:)?

Billie

Jim don't forget that the inside cabins on Marina don't have a tub -- shower only. Not that I'd miss it -- we don't use tubs. We'd trade a tub for a bigger shower any time -- even one with curtains

Don-

Thank you for posting it that way, because it gives me the chance to clear up a possible miscommunication. When I said that all of the suites had tubs and showers, I was being literal. I was commenting on the suites.

It had not occurred to me that the word suite is sometimes used interchangeably with the word cabin.

For the record, all of the Marinas' outside cabins feature both a tub and shower (BRAVO!), but the inside cabins have a shower stall only.

Don-

Thank you for posting it that way, because it gives me the chance to clear up a possible miscommunication. When I said that all of the suites had tubs and showers, I was being literal. I was commenting on the suites.

It had not occurred to me that the word suite is sometimes used interchangeably with the word cabin...

Yeah, I was confused. Some cruise lines, such as Regent, call every stateroom a suite. To me, the term "suite" means more than one room, yet many cruise lines call an oversize cabin a suite, even if there is no separation between the sleeping and living areas.

Archived