Dayrate hotels on 7 mile beach?

gazingm42

3 years ago when we visited GC we made a reservation at the Courtyard

for a fair price.

However it no longer the courtyard and they do not offer it at this time.

I have read other hotels that do "day rates" on 7 mile beach. Any suggestions?

I haven't heard of any of the hotels lately that sell day passes to cruise visitors. Sea Grape and Royal Palms have restaurants and free showers/washrooms, but are not attached to hotels.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done a day rate lately in Grand Cayman? Besides the palms?

Thanks

I have not done a day rate but The Westin offers limited day rates for a room for up to 4 guests and access to some of their amenities via grandcaymanforaday.com.

3 years ago when we visited GC we made a reservation at the Courtyard

for a fair price.

However it no longer the courtyard and they do not offer it at this time.

I have read other hotels that do "day rates" on 7 mile beach. Any suggestions?

We sail 10/31 and I sent out a few emails to inquire about day-use passes. The Ritz-Carlton responded that they do not have day passes. No surprise there as they need to maintain their exclusivity. The Grand Cayman Beach Suites, formerly the Hyatt, does allow day passes. The Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort also allows day passes. Both resorts allow the day passes based on availability and are only sold in person. They do not want to alienate their regular, full-rate , overnight guests. So, there is really not anything in the way of advertising the availability. This is fine for me as we tender-boat in at G.C. and I didn't want to pre-book anything there in case the weather doesn't cooperate. I'm going to the GC Marriott resort. You can check out both facilities websites for more info and pictures. Marriott's pool looks awesome. The grandcaymanforaday website appears to be a third party provider and can get 1-4 people with a room and full use of the Westin property. That was very tempting even though pricy as I've read good reviews of Hemingways Resturant. I chose the Marriott for our GC day on 11/2.

We sail 10/31 and I sent out a few emails to inquire about day-use passes. The Ritz-Carlton responded that they do not have day passes. No surprise there as they need to maintain their exclusivity. The Grand Cayman Beach Suites, formerly the Hyatt, does allow day passes. The Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort also allows day passes. Both resorts allow the day passes based on availability and are only sold in person. They do not want to alienate their regular, full-rate , overnight guests. So, there is really not anything in the way of advertising the availability. This is fine for me as we tender-boat in at G.C. and I didn't want to pre-book anything there in case the weather doesn't cooperate. I'm going to the GC Marriott resort. You can check out both facilities websites for more info and pictures. Marriott's pool looks awesome. The grandcaymanforaday website appears to be a third party provider and can get 1-4 people with a room and full use of the Westin property. That was very tempting even though pricy as I've read good reviews of Hemingways Resturant. I chose the Marriott for our GC day on 11/2.

How much was the day rate at the Marriott? What is included?

How much was the day rate at the Marriott? What is included?

I emailed them Through their website and it went to Corporate, which responded that There was more than 1 Marriott property in GC. I wrote back requesting the day pass info about the one on Seven Mile Beach. The Corporate Rep. replied that they do indeed have day passes based on availability. However, they did not list any prices. The other resort, Grand Cayman Beach Suites, formerly the Hyatt, did provide the pricing: $25US per adult and $15US per child under 10. At both hotel resorts, your payment entitles you to use of their facilities: swimming pool, hot tub, beach chairs, pool deck chairs, umbrella/palapa and towel. Changing area will probably be in a cabana or more likely just a restroom. You are more than welcome to purchase food and drinks from their restaurant and bar. This info is REALLY just a guesstimate but rather accurate as day passes are common in the Carribean. Oh, I forgot that they also probably will have an outdoor "rinse" shower to use after exiting the beach and pool. As posted previously, one can also pay to rent a room but, we leave GC so early its not worth it. Keep in mind that prices are HIGH everywhere in GC, no complaints about sticker schock after purchasing lunch and drinks. We're going to the Marriott even not knowing the exact price but I definitely expect it to be in the same ballpark as the Beach Suites pricing. This mainly centers around the pool and my little one. A lot of complaints about the pool on Inspiration (size/crowds). We may be perfectly happy on the beach all day and not even use the pool but its the best plan I got. You gotta love a man with a plan!

I emailed them Through their website and it went to Corporate, which responded that There was more than 1 Marriott property in GC. I wrote back requesting the day pass info about the one on Seven Mile Beach. The Corporate Rep. replied that they do indeed have day passes based on availability. However, they did not list any prices. The other resort, Grand Cayman Beach Suites, formerly the Hyatt, did provide the pricing: $25US per adult and $15US per child under 10. At both hotel resorts, your payment entitles you to use of their facilities: swimming pool, hot tub, beach chairs, pool deck chairs, umbrella/palapa and towel. Changing area will probably be in a cabana or more likely just a restroom. You are more than welcome to purchase food and drinks from their restaurant and bar. This info is REALLY just a guesstimate but rather accurate as day passes are common in the Carribean. Oh, I forgot that they also probably will have an outdoor "rinse" shower to use after exiting the beach and pool. As posted previously, one can also pay to rent a room but, we leave GC so early its not worth it. Keep in mind that prices are HIGH everywhere in GC, no complaints about sticker schock after purchasing lunch and drinks. We're going to the Marriott even not knowing the exact price but I definitely expect it to be in the same ballpark as the Beach Suites pricing. This mainly centers around the pool and my little one. A lot of complaints about the pool on Inspiration (size/crowds). We may be perfectly happy on the beach all day and not even use the pool but its the best plan I got. You gotta love a man with a plan!

Thanks! Have a great time in Cayman.

• 1 year later...

Hello...we are wondering if you actually did get a pass at the Marriot and, if so, if ou liked it/it was worth it. We are "on the list: for one at the Westin, but, as you know, it is a bit pricey. thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

You do know the beaches are ALL public...so you don't HAVE to have a hotel room to use the beach?

Restrooms and restaurants/bars are up and down the beach area....

Of course, if you need a pool, then a hotel or the ship is your only option.

Hello...we are wondering if you actually did get a pass at the Marriot and, if so, if ou liked it/it was worth it. We are "on the list: for one at the Westin, but, as you know, it is a bit pricey. thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

You do know the beaches are ALL public...so you don't HAVE to have a hotel room to use the beach?

Alas, we were diverted to Coz for a medical emergency; ended up skipping GC and added Costa Maya. The Grim Reaper was aboard our Halloween cruise. All the planning done for GC and then stopped in Costa Maya, of which I knew nothing about and was unprepared to do much. Remember, GC is missed often when you can't tender. I'll be on Valor/Glory B2B next month with 2 shots at Grand Cayman, so I expect to make it this time. Also, to CB@Sea, we needed the pool as a back-up plan for our little one, in addition to the beach. We did end up having an awesome AI beach day at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.

Just spoke with Grand Cayman Beach Suites their Management has decided to no longer offer Day Passes.

Or Royal Palms, beach, chair rental, adults-only pool w/ swim-up bar. I think I'm going to check them out when there in Dec. Here's their webcam.

http://royalpalmscayman.com/royal-palms-webcams/

Archived