Special toilet tissue?

ailuro

I saw a comment on here somewhere criticising people who take their own toilet tissue rolls on board - is there a special reason why they would take their own ?:o is the tissue provided not soft enough?

I'm only asking as I'd hate to have a dodgy tummy with no soft paper to use.:o

Thank you both for your swift reply, it all makes sense now.... I couldn't understand why it was a bad thing they were doing.

I've been to places in Europe where you weren't allowed to put any tissue at all down the toilet, a bin was provided to dispose of used tissue:eek: I don't know why I didn't think of the drainage system before.:o

The toilet tissue is fine...and it's designed to break down quickly. You should NEVER put anything into the toilet...tissues, wipes, tampons....nothing but the provided toilet tissue.

Same thing on a catamaran or boat, and even then... not even the provided 'tissues'. Everything goes in the bucket provided.

Yes, the only thing noticeable is it IS one ply which is definitely differnt than the three ply at home. But it's not rough and gray like in some gas stations or schools.:eek:

Ah yes. The infamous Charles Bronson Toilet Paper.

Ah yes. The infamous Charles Bronson Toilet Paper.

Love your quote in your signature :D

OP - I can't believe that there has been so much discussion over what would normally appear to be such a mundane subject, but who am I to judge? Anyways, I use Andrex Quilted at home, never dreamt of taking it with me on my cruise, and found the paper used by Princess to be perfectly acceptable ;)

OP - I can't believe that there has been so much discussion over what would normally appear to be such a mundane subject, but who am I to judge? Anyways, I use Andrex Quilted at home, never dreamt of taking it with me on my cruise, and found the paper used by Princess to be perfectly acceptable ;)

I did not think it would either, but since I believe the only stupid question is the one someone was afraid to ask.....:D

now I understand the reasons why people get upset about others bringing their own toilet rolls, and I have also advised our DD not to put anything but toilet paper down the loo, we will bring special little opaque bags with us to put the botty wipes in after use before we put them in the bin, lol!!:p

Last year on the Fantasy the TP was horrid, (no problem before that). It was rough and let me tell you my bottom was mighty tender by the end of the week. Maybe I am just too delicate LOL

I have seriously considered taking my own on this next trip after last year.

Last year on the Fantasy the TP was horrid, (no problem before that). It was rough and let me tell you my bottom was mighty tender by the end of the week. Maybe I am just too delicate LOL

Don't do that. It's a very bad idea.

Just don't flush it. Do a search and read about plumbing problems onboard cruise ships. Most of it is caused by people flushing things down the loo that don't belong there. Non-biodegradeable toilet tissue would be one of them.

Archived