Nick cruise

maryivo

OK, anyone know when the first Nick cruise is? I'll be on the Jewel June 19th -26th, and we're very excited to hear about the Nickoledean details. My kids are 4 and 6 and we're hoping they really enjoy the characters. I would like to hear from anyone who goes on this cruise or has info on the cruise. I know they start in April, just not sure when. This is our first time cruising with our kids.

I am also trying to find out when the Nick Special Theme cruise will be. The first cruise on the Jewel with Nick activities is 4/24/10. All the cruises on the Jewel after that will have Nick activities, but NCL hasn't announced when the cruises with the Nickelodeon actors will be. NCL still hasn't let anyone know the price for the character breakfasts or if we have to make reservations ahead of time or while we are on the cruise.

If you find out any info please post. We are scheduled for the 7/24/10 cruise, so I will just have to wait for someone on the cruise before me to come back and post their experience.

Spoke yesterday to my PCC. NCL still has not told the PCC's any more details regarding the Nick at Sea situation. Did not find out any more details except -- the feeling is that it would be a "sort of" charter that everyone would be told before the cruise what is happening on the Total Special Nick Cruise and that they would be given the opportunity to either stay on that particular sailing or change bookings if this type of cruise is not to their liking. As far as all the other sailings on the Jewel after April 24, she assured me that it would not be an evasive situation and the Nick events would be kept to the Kids club area. They have no word about character meals.

Thank you for posting that information. I am curious what information the people who are going on the 4/24 cruise received about Nick. In the Q&A section on NCL's website, someone asked a question about the booklet they received in the mail about Nick area's on the Jewel.

I wish someone who was going on the 4/24 cruise would post some information about the booklet they received or they will post when they get back.

I can't believe that NCL doesn't have any info on pricing for character breakfasts, etc. They are probably winging it. Figure everything out as it happens. Wait until they're on the 4/24 cruise and then decide how to handle everything. Hopefully by the time of the July cruises that will be loaded with kids, NCL has everything figured out, or at least Nickelodeon has everything figured out.

Thanks again for checking with your PCC.

No problem. I'm still waiting for the call in to the Reservations Help Supervisor. She told me also that she'd get back to us regarding the Special Nick Cruise. Since she hasn't called back yet, I can only assume that nothing has been found out on her end also. I guess it's a wait and see game from those that will give us info when they return from their cruises after April 24. In the meantime our final payment is due!!

I just got off the phone with NCL and no info to be had about the special Nick cruises. No information about pricing for the character breakfasts, even though they did say on their site when they first announced the partnership with Nickelodeon that the character breakfasts would require a reservation and a charge.

I think this is an experiment for NCL -- just like trying new menu's -- if it works and people seem to like it then you continue with the change.

They will go through the first cruise and see how it goes. From there they will come up with a charge for the character breakfasts, etc. -- but people who are booked on the summer cruises will probably pay more.

Lets see how long this partnership works -- it didn't last too long with RCL.

I just got off the phone with our PCC. She spoke with the Help Supervisor and reported that they received an e-mail that states the Total Nick Cruise is April 24, 2010 to start off the Nick programs. I'm still not sure there is complete understanding by the NCL reps about the difference between the two Nick situations, but this is what they are now telling me. I questioned her again about the two differences and she still is saying the Total Cruise is April 24. I made our final payment for our cruise and she noted in my file what we spoke about and my concerns. Our cruise June 26 will not be a Total Nick one.

Yikes. We are on the April 24th cruise and this is what I assumed when I see that ship is totally sold out and does not even come up on a search.

It REALLY is not good PR to not make this information public and we are only two weeks from the cruise and no time to cancel or rebook if we would want to. I have the week of 4/24 off from work and worked it around my daughter's work schedule that is not flexible at all.

I have nothing against Sponge Bob or kids BUT,I would have liked to have known all these facts upon booking or at least informed by NCL a few months ago.

I will post a review when we are back and hoping it is a positive experience.

I think NCL handled this very poorly. I called a few days ago and the NCL rep said that a date hadn't been scheduled yet, and now less than a week later it's been scheduled. Also, if you go on NCL's website, there is still no information about this special cruise. I think it's bizarre to schedule the cruise for April 24th because all schools are in session during this time. I wonder if the date is correct, or if there is still lots of confusion regarding Nick cruise vs. "All Nick cruise"

That sounds right. Being the first Nick cruise, I guess they want it to be a special one, so people will hear about it and want to book. Everyone that already booked a cruise booked it with the chance that their cruise was going to be that special cruise.

NCL probably wanted it to be a cruise that wasn't going to be too packed with kids. School is in session so there will be more younger kids onboard. NCL probably wasn't sure how things were going to work out so it would be easier with less kids.

The April 24th cruise is sold out. I hope everyone who is on that cruise that booked not knowing about Nick will still have a great time.

Since someone on this site found out through their PCC that the "Total Nick Cruise" is the 4/24 cruise, how many people that are booked for that cruise are upset that NCL didn't give out information until now?

My nephew was upset that we weren't booked for the 4/24 cruise. He was hoping that the Total Nick Cruise would have been the one that we are booked for in July.

How many people thought that the Total Nick Cruise would have been sometime during the summer when kids were home from school?

How many people that are booked on that cruise don't have kids going with them? Has anyone received any information from NCL about the Nick activities onboard, etc?

NCL still doesn't have info about the 4/24 cruise being the special cruise or what actors would be onboard. Could that PCC be wrong?

I chose this cruise (the 4/24/2010 out of NYC) because of the Nick theme. My family and I are truly looking forward to it. My kids will have the time of their life playing whatever activities Nick provides. We will also pay whatever charge they add on for a character breakfast. The other posts I have read regarding the "Total Nick Cruise" have been vague in defining what that means. I am sure NCL will provide more than enough entertainment for the adults. Spongebob won't be at the Craps table. Dora won't be spinning above our heads in the Cirque show and Mr. Crabs won't be ordering a marguerita from the pool bar. :eek:

I was just offered an upsell to the Garden Villa for my family (which we declined). But if there were actors going on board the ship, don't you think they would have been offered the Garden Villa?

We received no information from NCL regarding any Nickelodeon activities. I think there is a lot of confusion which will be cleared up when we return on May 1st.

But if I do hear anything over the next 2 weeks, I will let you know. :)

Since someone on this site found out through their PCC that the "Total Nick Cruise" is the 4/24 cruise, how many people that are booked for that cruise are upset that NCL didn't give out information until now?

My nephew was upset that we weren't booked for the 4/24 cruise. He was hoping that the Total Nick Cruise would have been the one that we are booked for in July.

How many people thought that the Total Nick Cruise would have been sometime during the summer when kids were home from school?

How many people that are booked on that cruise don't have kids going with them? Has anyone received any information from NCL about the Nick activities onboard, etc?

NCL still doesn't have info about the 4/24 cruise being the special cruise or what actors would be onboard. Could that PCC be wrong?

We got so many wrong answers from our NCL PCC about different subjects, even after he told us he checked with his supervisor that we finally switched to an online TA..........we seemed to know much more about cruising than the PCC who had never been on a NCL ship. The boards here are a great resource, but take everything you read with a grain of salt.

I doubt NCL would have the 4/24 cruise as the Nick cruise, without promoting it and getting as much in sales from it as possible...........I'm just guessing that it will be once of the summer dates, which isn't selling as well as the others..........or is priced higher. It's all about the $$$ with a business like NCL is.

They will probably start with some of the other elements of the Nick cruise on 4/24....and see how it goes over.

Of course, I could be wrong and the 4/24 cruise could be the Nick cruise everyone was waiting to hear about...:confused:

We booked this cruise in January as it falls on our Anniversary week. Had no clue it was a Nick cruise, we got a really cheap deal for a cabin and grabbed it. Didn't expect their to be any kids really as its after most Spring Breaks. But I suppose there are far worse people to cruise with then Sponge Bob Squarepants. I'm just looking forward to getting away. We were stuck between this cruise and the Celebrity Summit cruise to Bermuda but grabbed this one at the bargain basement price of $499 pp

I was just offered an upsell to the Garden Villa for my family (which we declined). But if there were actors going on board the ship, don't you think they would have been offered the Garden Villa?

The actors will probably be in an inside room near the bottom of the ship.The Garden Villa would be one of the last areas they would get.The rooms are worth too much money.

It would make sense since this is the first cruise since the Nick program was announced that there would be Nick related stuff on the ship. I quite frankly, hope to get my photo taken with Sponge Bob & Dora, my kids at home will flip out when I show them! :)

The actors will probably be in an inside room near the bottom of the ship.The Garden Villa would be one of the last areas they would get.The rooms are worth too much money.

Oooh.. maybe I can sell off my Outside cabin on Deck 8 to SpongeBob for a nice profit!

I don't think it would bother me one way or the other, and normally cruise lines do not tell passengers about these things like this, anymore than a hotel would tell you about a convention or a theme park about a special group activity going on. I guess I must live in my own little world cause I wouldn't expect to be told. Now, if I had heard about this and asked, I would expect the truth.

Nita

We will be on RCL FOS from Oct. 31st to Nov. 7th with 1556 (so far) other motorcycle enthusiasts, can you imagine the unsuspecting folks coming on this cruise with no idea they will have leather & lace all around them!;) The thing is after last years cruise with 1330 plus MC fans we had so many people asking how they could get on next years cruise(this yrs) with us as we where having way too much fun!!:D I think that's why #'s are up and still alot of time to book.

A cruise is a cruise---you yourself make it enjoyable or NOT!! It's up to you IMHO!!

I am also on that cruise and I will be stunned if there's only Nick themed entertainment at night or throughout the day even if it is a all Nick cruise as people are saying there are going to be a TON of childless couples on-board that probably won't care less who or what a Sponge Bob is for that matter. :)

Archived