balcony location on adventure of the seas

vrs

we are looking at getting a balcony room on the adventure of the seas... most of them are in the front of the ship and in the aft, and some in the middle... decks 8 9 and 10...

what would you all prefer? i dont really care so much about noise... but more about view... and what side of the ship?

We were on deck ten with a balcony - a little forward of midships. Enjoyed it. no noise that we can remember. I believe it was equal distances from all venues. but then we like to walk the stairs to prepare for meals and work off the zero vacation calories from the meals. The view was excellent on sea days and in port. I'm sure whatever deck you end up wioth will be great.

Bill

No particular side of the ship is better. Sometimes the captain pulls into a port and other times, he backs in, so there's no telling which side will have the better view.

My only comment about Adventure (Explorer and Voyager too) is to avoid deck 6 because of the way the baloncies are constructed (the opening through which you view is slightly smaller on deck 6).

Of the decks you are considering, I'd pick whichever has the most midship cabin closest to the elevator/stairs.

We were on AOS 3 wks ago and had balcony cabin on deck 8 midship, port side. In Aruba, Curacao & Dominica we were facing the pier in port. In St. Thomas we docked where our port side cabin had the view of the harbor. Much nicer view than the pier. Enjoy your cruise. We had a great time on the Adventure.

I have sailed on the Adventure a few years ago and if my memory serves me correct we were on the hub on deck 9 or 10. That is a great location because it is close to the stairs and elevator and only one or two decks down from the Windjammer and the pool deck.

To me you really can't go wrong with this as a selection,and it really doesn't matter much what side of the ship you are on. Hope this helps

We were on AOS last week and had an OS on deck 10. Loved the size of the cabin and wish the balcony matched, but it served its purpose well enough. We did hear noise from the pool deck - I think most of it was actually kids running/stomping on deck 12 to hear the "echo" of their feet below them (I hope that makes sense). We could also hear the music if there was a party at the pool at night. Other than that, there wasn't much noise.

We were starboard side and for all our ports, the captain docked port side. I thought we were going to get lucky in St. Thomas, but the Captain decided to back the ship in - of course that was pretty cool anyway! Even then we got to see the Jolly Mon sailboat from our balcony that we took our excursion on in St. Thomas.

We just got off the AOS, starboard balcony and port side was able to see all the islands coming into port each day. But, we did get to see the sunset on most of the islands and that was nice. Had a hump cabin and was close to elevator which was great

This question is for "lovescruising", please. When you say the balcony bottoms are metal, not plexiglass, are you talking about the section under the railing, across the front of the balcony? We're booked on deck 6 for a transatlantic, and this concerns me. Thanks for the information.

This question is for "lovescruising", please. When you say the balcony bottoms are metal, not plexiglass, are you talking about the section under the railing, across the front of the balcony? We're booked on deck 6 for a transatlantic, and this concerns me. Thanks for the information.

Donna that's right, the section under the railing is metal on deck 6 and the only way to see the ocean or view is by standing up. If you are sitting in a deck chair all you see is metal. :(

Cheryl

The section under the railing is steel on all decks. However, there is a plexiglass topper on the other decks, while on deck 6, the steel extends a little higher and there is no plexiglass topper.

Don't be too concerned, it isn't a deal breaker. You'll still have a lovely view. But, if there's a balcony in the same category as the one you've booked available on a different deck, it might be worth the try to move.

Yes Donna that is exactly what I am saying. I think it is a deal breaker. All of the voyager class ships have the metal bottoms on deck 6. I would definately look into changing decks especially if you are doing a trans atlantic. Which cat are you booked into? And I assume you are on AOS? We sailed this ship on Deck 6 - wouldn't do it again if I had a choice. Moving may cost minimal.

Archived