Do RCI still do Smart Casual nights?

We are on a 12 day med cruise in May, and trying to figure out what to pack. Do RCI still oficially do the Smart Casual nights? as I have read on a few threads that they now only have formal and casual nights.

Thanks

Martin

We were on a 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade of the Seas. There were no longer Smart Casual nights. Two formal nights and the rest were casual in the Main Dining Room. Smart Casual was suggested to dine in Portofino or Chops.

When we did the our cruise on Radiance last November to the Mexican Riviera we had a couple of smart casual nights.

Most people dressed either casually except on formal nights. I really believe it depends on the ship and itinerary. On a med cruise you may find smart casual thrown into the mix because of the passenger make up.

You can choose smart casual wear yourselves if you wish. You really won't look out of place, even if you are more dressed up than others. I find there is usually always a certain percentage of passengers who choose smart casual every non-formal night. I kind of admire them. They add an element of class to the main dining room and to the ship in general.

It seems to vary from ship to ship and who the cruise director is. I have been on 7 night cruises that still had the smart casual night and some that don't. And there doesn't seem to be any way to predict what will happen. You don't know until you get on the ship.... And that is a fact no matter what someone above posted about them not occuring on 7 night cruises.:rolleyes:

Well I was planning on shirt, jacket, smart trousers, but was'nt keen on the tie idea as its (hopefully!) going to be hot. would that be okay for Smart Casual.

Martin

Martin, you will find that very few men wear a jacket if you do have smart casual nights. And ties, what is that except on formal night and even then they are not worn by some.

You dress in the way that makes you feel special and most comfortable.:D

Archived