Price drop

Jaymee287

I just checked Carnival.com because I'm bored and I'm so glad I did! Last I checked it was $699.00 I think BUT today, it's $619.00!! WOOZERS! So I filled out the 110% form, and the email said I should hear something within 3 days! However, it said it goes by elligibility (spelling, I'm sure) so does that mean they only look for specifics?

Is it better to fill out the form, or to just call a carnival rep., and talk to them about it? Either way I sure hope they accept it!

Cross your fingers for us!

I have been seeing a lot of threads about different price drops. What is confusing me, is what happened to all that talk about Carnival raising prices? They were warning everyone they were going to raise rates beginning in March. :confused:

Glad you found the rate drop. More money in your pocket is always a good thing. :)

The price on our cruise has went way up...I am happy for those that have price drops - our cruise is in August and maybe as the time gets closer ours will drop and we will get an on board credit. If not I guess we can just consider the price we paid a good deal (at least compared to what it is today)

We booked our next cruise at the end of Jan 2010, the prices went waaaay up, but now they're dropping. Currently, they're at the price we paid, but I'm checking every day and am sure they'll drop. Maybe not much, but at least a bit. Yeah for ES! :D

I have been seeing a lot of threads about different price drops. What is confusing me, is what happened to all that talk about Carnival raising prices? They were warning everyone they were going to raise rates beginning in March. :confused:

Glad you found the rate drop. More money in your pocket is always a good thing. :)

The Fare Raise of up to 5% was specifically for June, July and August Bookings - but that price rise is still subject to supply-and-demand - if they can't sell at those fares, they'll reduce them. ken

I just checked Carnival.com because I'm bored and I'm so glad I did! Last I checked it was $699.00 I think BUT today, it's $619.00!! WOOZERS! So I filled out the 110% form, and the email said I should hear something within 3 days! However, it said it goes by elligibility (spelling, I'm sure) so does that mean they only look for specifics?

Is it better to fill out the form, or to just call a carnival rep., and talk to them about it? Either way I sure hope they accept it!

Cross your fingers for us!

"Eligibility" refers to the fact that with an ES Booking you're eligible for Fare Drops in the Past Guest (if you're a Past Guest), 55+ (if you're 55+), for your state Residency (if Resident rate for YOUR State is offered) and Military (if you're Military Eligible).

The 110% Price Guarantee (and form) is for case where you book with Carnival and within 48 hours find a Carnival-Advertised fare lower than yours. Having said that, a number of posters have gotten their ES Price Adjustments by submitting the 110% Form!

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx

ken

Woo hoo! I just scored our 2nd price drop. We now have $388 OBC for our May 5 2010 Alaska sailing on Spirit.

I'm an Early Saver fan.

OMG, I'm jealous! We were on the same cruise last year, except out of Anchorage. It was a fantastic cruise. Enjoy.

So me filling out the wrong form turned out to be FANTASTIC! I didn't have time to do it so I called Carnival on my way to work since it's 1 1/2 there and 1 1/2 home so I had plenty of time.

She starts asking me the info to fill it out and put me on hold......she came back on the line and said how about an upgrade I asked her where and how much....her reply:

Category 7A 5170 obstucted balcony for $20.00 per person!!!!!

So I booked it as their gift and I told them later today and they were happy as I was just planning to get them drink coupons for a gift. I call back later because she told me the price drop would still stand. I got a different representative and she told me..........

Our balcony cabin has a $50.00 price drop! So she credited that back to my credit card.

So for our new room we are paying $10.00 for all 3 of us!!! REMARKABLE :) Then I get on to check on HOW obstructed it's just the life boat and I saw a picture we can look straight out and see the ocean we just can't look straight down which is fine!

So we got a fantastic deal and I can still buy them their drink coupons, and I might have them decorate the room in Bon Voyage!

Me too, me too... with Early Saver already have $ 310 OBC and just today noticed another $ 120 ( for 4 people) rate drop. Plus $ 100 OBC for 100 CCL shares... so happy. We are on Miracle May 15th. Keep checking the rates and it will happened! Never had OBC before for the price drop!

This was totally unexpected. We booked just last week and I visit the site today and realized our cruise went down a total of $20 so I filled in the online form and submitted it.

So! It really does pay to check all the time!!! I know....twenty bucks isn't that big a deal, but hey, it's a boost to my morale, shipmates!!!!!!!!!!

This was totally unexpected. We booked just last week and I visit the site today and realized our cruise went down a total of $20 so I filled in the online form and submitted it.

So! It really does pay to check all the time!!! I know....twenty bucks isn't that big a deal, but hey, it's a boost to my morale, shipmates!!!!!!!!!!

$20 bucks is $20 bucks! LOL I'd be excited

I dont understand why, if you book past guest, you cant get OBC. Our 4J dropped $50.00 pp and we dont get anything. That sucks. You would think they would want to keep their past guests happy.
Did you book Early Saver or not? If not, then forget it.

Howard

OMG, I'm jealous! We were on the same cruise last year, except out of Anchorage. It was a fantastic cruise. Enjoy.

Thank you Tulman! This is our first-ever trip to Alaska. I always love it when someone else reports a great cruise to the same place! :)

What if we originally booked as Early saver but have since upgraded cabins on our own? Is that still considered ES and I should try to use the form for the price drop? Ours has dropped now for the upgraded cabin, but I'm not sure if we are still considered ES at this point.

I guess it couldn't hurt to try to fill out the form, right?

What if we originally booked as Early saver but have since upgraded cabins on our own? Is that still considered ES and I should try to use the form for the price drop? Ours has dropped now for the upgraded cabin, but I'm not sure if we are still considered ES at this point.

I guess it couldn't hurt to try to fill out the form, right?

Once ES always ES, assuming you are on the same cruise, just upgraded your cabin.

Archived