Just take it?

smudgie

I was watching a video on Princess yesterday and they have this one area with goodies to eat, do you just go up and take it?

It just sounds so odd when we are use to paying for it...can anyone help

I was watching a video on Princess yesterday and they have this one area with goodies to eat, do you just go up and take it?

It just sounds so odd when we are use to paying for it...can anyone help

That be mean one of many places... the buffet, the international cafe.... Did you hear them mention a name?

Anyway, wherever it is, it is more than likely that there is no charge and you go and take / ask for what you would like ;)

OHHH I am so looking forward to this trip now hahahah...:p meeting people, the food, the drinks, the food, did I mention the food hahahah
that's what these boards are all about !

Many people don't realize what a great vacation cruising is until they learn about what is included. We feel pampered every cruise.

it is funny we were not going to book a cruise, did not know what to do, then got on line and seen there is so much...

I cant wait...did I mention the food??? hahahah:p

Speaking of just taking food, we disembarked from a seven day cruise once and went straight to Disney World. We ate at a sit down restaurant in one of the parks the first night. When we finished eating, we just got up and walked out. Our waiter chased me down with the bill in hand:eek::eek:! Needless to say, I was more than a little embarrassed and hope he bought the "I just got off a cruise ship" story!

Speaking of just taking food, we disembarked from a seven day cruise once and went straight to Disney World. We ate at a sit down restaurant in one of the parks the first night. When we finished eating, we just got up and walked out. Our waiter chased me down with the bill in hand:eek::eek:! Needless to say, I was more than a little embarrassed and hope he bought the "I just got off a cruise ship" story!

Great story!

Yes you will be very spoiled on the ship.

I was in Costco after we returned from our 2 weeks to Hawaii. I was just standing there in line.....looking around.......People were backed up behind us.........My went to get a last minute thing and when he returned he asked me why I was not unloading the cart!....We had a good laugh because we both knew why! I was waiting for someone to do it for me!

You will get home and find that you are waiting for someone to remove the dishes from the table, to have your bed made when you come home from work and the house spotless!

OH.........did I mention being Rocked to Sleep?

(that is one of my new passwords....Rockm325leep!

You will have the best time of your life and will be hooked forever!

so, the international cafe is free?? I thought it was an extra...Wow!!! I am really going to enjoy this cruise. I have herd great things about the sandwiches there....

Yes it's free. I think the only thing that costs is the gelato. They do have really good sandwiches, love the shrimp salad and chicken salad. I really like their miniature cheesecakes too. For some reason it just seemed to taste better than the cheesecake in the buffet area.

Thanks for the laugh!

My wife and I always get some crackers and pieces of cheese from the buffet, store it in our frig and have it with out cocktails on the balcony before dinner

At breakfast, I always got a couple of glasses of orange juice which I stored in our fridge and drank after a long hot day walking round the port areas. ;)

Smudgie

In the Atrium Deck 5 on the Coral there is a Pattiserie which has cookies available anytime of the day. Princess describes it as:

La Patisserie -- For cappuccino, espresso and other coffee specialties, as well as fresh pastries throughout the day, La Patisserie offers a comfortable, casual sidewalk cafe-style setting.

If people start talking about the International Cafe the Coral does not have one!

My wife and I always get some crackers and pieces of cheese from the buffet, store it in our frig and have it with out cocktails on the balcony before dinner

Our last cruise were on the Aloha deck and my husband and I took turns each late afternoon running up and grabbing cheese and crackers and such YUM

I won cause one night they had deep fried shrimp and mini spare ribs out as well :)

Our last cruise were on the Aloha deck and my husband and I took turns each late afternoon running up and grabbing cheese and crackers and such YUM

I won cause one night they had deep fried shrimp and mini spare ribs out as well :)

My DH goes up and get the bread 'o the day with a bowl of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for our in-cabin happy hour! Yum!! But now that Adagio has those stuffed olives, I can be actually be coaxed off the balcony for happy hour!:D

We were off the Crown after a great week last week. We had bought the coffee card, and after the first day, I got up early in the morning, went down to the International Cafe, got a Mocha for the wife, brewed cup of coffee for me, and some danishes/donuts from the IC for our breakfast and took it back to our room. We did that each morning after that, and really enjoyed it.

In the buffet, I would always eat too much (and really didn't enjoy the coffee), so it really worked out well for us.

Mike

My DH goes up and get the bread 'o the day with a bowl of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for our in-cabin happy hour! Yum!! But now that Adagio has those stuffed olives, I can be actually be coaxed off the balcony for happy hour!:D

Ummm YUM on the bread, evoo and Balsamic but YUCK on the olives....through my husband would say, "Bring on the olives!"

Actually I did bring him back some one night (I am such a good wife .LOL...:rolleyes:) and made sure they were well well away from my side of the plate....evil nasty things that they are.

Now that I think of it we could/should have ran up to the buffet and brought down our breakfasts to enjoy on the balcony, great idea kywildcatfanone :)

quincy, it's always nice to meet a fellow olive-hater! They are truly foul, aren't they? I get shudders just thinking about them.

OMG, Paul, what a frightening typo!!!

On our Royal cruise a couple of years ago we had a were having a lazy sea day and planned to crack a bottle of wine for drinks on the balcony before dinner. As luck would have it they had shimp on the buffet at lunch so I loaded up a plate with shrimp, lemon wedges and a bowl of cocktail sauce and stashed it in the fridge until Happy Hour. Divine!!!!

Archived