First Holland America Cruise

drcpa

After a wonderful Med cruise on Celebrity last year we have just booked a September 19, 2011 cruise on the Rotterdam...Rotterdam to Rome.

Don't mean to boil the ocean, (and this is certainly not meant to be a Celebrity vs Holland thread) but would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, comments you might have on the line, the ship and the itinerary (Rotterdam, Dover, Guernsey, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga, Cartegena, Barcelona, Naples, Rome...and I realize there is a board that concentrates on European ports, so I don't mean to duplicate those posts...just interested in your thoughts).

Much thanks for your consideration.

I have not been on Celebrity, but have been on Carnival, Costa, Princess, and Holland America. Holland is my favorite. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the food is fantastic and I love there music for the bars. I prefer Holland over any other cruise line.:) I hope your cruise is wonderful!!

Have not done that particular itinerary or sailed on the Rotterdam but we have sailed Celebrity twice and HAL twice (soon to be third time as we're on the Amsterdam this summer). I find the experience to be quite similar on both lines. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Enjoy! :)

Archived