beach towels

tuxjamie

Why in the world would someone "lose" their towels? Jeez!

I once left my beach towel on a seat in the Carnival buffet while I spent maybe five minutes at the salad bar. When I came back, it was gone, so I immediately reported it to avoid the then-$22 towel fee. I didn't lose my towel. It was stolen.

On HAL they have towels by the gangway when you leave the ship; they do NOT check them out to you so they can't/don't charge you.:D

I have friends on RCL right now and they were "shocked" that you have to check them out...........and that they charge you $25. if it's not returned.:(

Unless Princess had recently changed their ways, they had blue and white towels in our cabins that were "pool/beach towels"..........and when we cruised, they did not check to make sure we brought them back; they may have a new procedure.:confused:

Why in the world would someone "lose" their towels? Jeez!

Well, I would tell you that on a Princess cruise in Hawaii, there were plenty of blue and white striped towels left right on the beach by people too lazy to carry them back to the ship.:( People like that ruin things for all of us and surely don't set examples for their children.

So far those cruising on HAL are not charged if they lose a towel. HAL doesn't even bother to take down the names of people -- on most ships. I have seen on a couple of ocassions where there was an attendent at the table trying to write down names and cabin numbers -- and then there was no one to check off the names when people returned to the ship.

Archived