jacket in crown grill?

7nucruzers

On Emerald & Star, CG had a sign posted out front with the menus stating that the dress code was Smart Casual each night. We have dined their several times on formal night and even then, most were not wearing jackets.

I agree with all the posters . However' date=' if you go on a Formal Night make sure the gents wear a long sleeved shirt (DJ/jacket not required).[/quote']

Princess only requests casual dress, even on formal nights, which means that a short sleeve golf shirt is fine.

Princess only requests casual dress, even on formal nights, which means that a short sleeve golf shirt is fine.

On the Ruby Transatlantic last year on a formal night DH was asked to go and change into a long sleeved shirt ( he was wearing a very smart short sleeved shirt) in the Crown Grill. No problem, they were very polite. ( may have been a one off?)

On the Ruby Transatlantic last year on a formal night DH was asked to go and change into a long sleeved shirt ( he was wearing a very smart short sleeved shirt) in the Crown Grill. No problem' date=' they were very polite. ( may have been a one off?)[/quote']

Sorry, just realized how badly writen that was!( he wasn't asked to change IN the Crown Grill, we did go back to our cabin!)

On the Ruby Transatlantic last year on a formal night DH was asked to go and change into a long sleeved shirt ( he was wearing a very smart short sleeved shirt) in the Crown Grill. No problem' date=' they were very polite. ( may have been a one off?)[/quote']

That is why if I intend to go to Sabatini's I carry a written copy of the Princess dress suggestions which clearly spell out CASUAL on formal evenings. It's not a matter of them being polite, it's a matter of them understanding what the cruise line publishes.

We tend to dress up a little more than usual in Crown Grill (something about the atmosphere seems to encourage it) but no, a jacket is not required.

On formal nights, I'll defer to other posters because I've never eaten in a specialty restaurant on a formal night. I find the menus in the main dining room on formal nights to be the best of the cruise.

On the Ruby Transatlantic last year on a formal night DH was asked to go and change into a long sleeved shirt ( he was wearing a very smart short sleeved shirt) in the Crown Grill.

Ruby seems to be the one ship that does this. It has not been reported by people on the other Princess ships.

On our past three cruises - Crown and CP twice - my husband always wore a really colorful Hawaiian shirt - he was very tan and looked very handsome. We have seen all levels of "dress up/dress down" in these specialty restaurants - everyone seemed very comfortable in their clothes - and looked great. It's fine if you are comfortable wearing a jacket, but it is not required.

We are getting ready for our July 2 cruise - my husband has a wonderful collection of Hawaiian shirts - so look for him in the Crown Grill or Sabatini's!

Happy cruising.

I don't find Crown Grill different from too many of the better US steakhouses and that includes how people dress. I am moer likely to put on a navy blue blazer for Crown Grill but will also wear khakis, no tie, and casual shoes. Also likely to see people dressed down and more relaxed. Sabatini's seems a bit more elegant. But same for me with jacket.

Archived