Celebrity Jan/Feb 2012 Australia/NZ

pacheco18

Just the Century. There was another thread where someone researched numerous port web sites. It appears that they will even have a circumnavigation of Australia !!! I cannot wait !!!!

According to the cruise schedule of Melbourne Millennium will also visit Australia and New Zealand...

As was pointed out in another thread, Australia is listed as a featured destination on the website now, but the link has no information yet. Any insiders know when those itineraries will be released?

:DWhere on the web sight is Australia listed? I just looked and could not find it. We really are lookig forward to Celebrity going back!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

:DWhere on the web sight is Australia listed? I just looked and could not find it. We really are lookig forward to Celebrity going back!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Here is the post showing Australia/NZ on the Celebrity web site. It's still there as of today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23981518&postcount=36

The other part of the mystery is what is Celebrity going to announce for their "Exotics" itinerary and what ship will they use? Is this going to be Australia/NZ? Here is the link to the "To Be Determined" Exotics announcement: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/Deployment_Schedule/2009.html

Here is the post showing Australia/NZ on the Celebrity web site. It's still there as of today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23981518&postcount=36

The other part of the mystery is what is Celebrity going to announce for their "Exotics" itinerary and what ship will they use? Is this going to be Australia/NZ? Here is the link to the "To Be Determined" Exotics announcement: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/Deployment_Schedule/2009.html

In case you missed the other thread about this on the boards, there was a stockholder announcement that say that Century will not be in Australia in any foreseeable future. They are taking her back to the Caribbean. Like X needs still another ship in the damn Caribbean. You can read about it here:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1416678&highlight

Sadly we had hoped that Century was going Down Under in winter 2011-2012 but it looks as if she will be in the Caribbean. That will be "exotic."

I should add that there is still a possibility that Century will do two Hawaiian cruises as part of her repo from spending summer 2011 in Alaska.

They why is Australia listed as a destination on the X website?

Because typical of X, they take forever to update their website. It's only in that one popup menu. All ship are accounted for except Mercury if you do a search for October/November/December 2011 or January/February 2012.

It's only in that one popup menu.

In trying to find that menu, I found that it is also somewhere else: http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/destMap.do;jsessionid=0000YVkn6fzXxj1gtvlUDz08whU:12hdebcnj?cS=SIDENAV

That ultimately leads to the same local page not found though.

I've also found the menu now. :-)

In trying to find that menu, I found that it is also somewhere else: http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/destMap.do;jsessionid=0000YVkn6fzXxj1gtvlUDz08whU:12hdebcnj?cS=SIDENAV

That ultimately leads to the same local page not found though.

The real key is the pull down menus on that page. None of them list Hawaii or Australia/NZ. They are the same menus from the entire site.

We would really love to do Australia/NZ on X. I would put down the $$$ today. We were booked on Millie when it was cancelled out from under us. We were booked on her the year before and had to cancel because of business. It seems that X has decided to become Caribbean Cruise Lines. All Caribbean, all the time. Sad.

Sadly it looks like OZ is a no-go for "X" in 2011/2012. Quote from today's press release concerning 2011/2012 Winter Caribbean deployments:

"For the first time,Celebrity Century - which underwent a significant revitalization in 2006, including the addition of 314 new stateroom verandas, a Murano specialty restaurant and the first "Ice Martini Bar" at sea - will present a season of 12-night Eastern Caribbean sailings out of Baltimore. The Caribbean season will be bookended by two Hawaii "mini-seasons" - one in the fall and one in spring - and also will include two special Panama Canal sailings between Baltimore to San Diego. These itineraries will open for sale in the coming weeks."

link to entire press release: http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1416678&highlight

It seems that you are right. But one Hawaii cruise in spring? Do they mean spring 2011 or 2012?? And why not on Millennium? Than I would book this!! :mad:

The real key is the pull down menus on that page. None of them list Hawaii or Australia/NZ. They are the same menus from the entire site.

We would really love to do Australia/NZ on X. I would put down the $$$ today. We were booked on Millie when it was cancelled out from under us. We were booked on her the year before and had to cancel because of business. It seems that X has decided to become Caribbean Cruise Lines. All Caribbean, all the time. Sad.

I very very agree with you. In 2007 it was really good: They had 9 ships (Constellation, Summit, Infinity, Millennium, Mercury, Galaxy, Century, Zenith, Xpedition) and they were able to visit Hawaii, Australia and the Caribbean.

Now they have 10 ships (Eclipse, Equinox, Solstice, Constellation, Summit, Millennium, Infinity, Mercury, Century, Xpedition) and they aren't able to visit Hawaii and Australia. To much Caribbean!!!!!

2011 they get the Silhouette (ship ten - Mercury is leaving the fleet). I hope than they visit Hawaii!!!!

The short cruises in the Caribbean (4 and 5 nights) aren't important!!!

I very very agree with you. In 2007 it was really good: They had 9 ships (Constellation, Summit, Infinity, Millennium, Mercury, Galaxy, Century, Zenith, Xpedition) and they were able to visit Hawaii, Australia and the Caribbean.

Now they have 10 ships (Eclipse, Equinox, Solstice, Constellation, Summit, Millennium, Infinity, Mercury, Century, Xpedition) and they aren't able to visit Hawaii and Australia. To much Caribbean!!!!!

2011 they get the Silhouette (ship ten - Mercury is leaving the fleet). I hope than they visit Hawaii!!!!

Silhouette coming on board makes it even worse. Until the canal is widened I am willing to bet that we will NEVER see a Solstice class ship in the Pacific ocean. But that is fine by me. We sailed Solstice and while it is a beautiful ship, we will never sail any of that class again. They are just too big.

For some reason X does not like the Pacific. Not only now Australia, NZ or Hawaii but no Mexican Riviera as well. If you are like us and you don't live on the east coast, X thinks you are only interested in Alaska. They even took away the Pacific NW four and five day cruises. We took one last year and it was packed. I realize that they don't get top price for them but they don't get top prices for the Caribbean either. It is truly sad.

We switched over to Azamara for our cruise last Feb and had they stayed the same as they were then rather than trying to be all-inclusive with more expensive and shorter cruises we would have been thrilled to sail with them from now on. Smaller ships and less crowds.

For some reason X does not like the Pacific. Not only now Australia, NZ or Hawaii but no Mexican Riviera as well. If you are like us and you don't live on the east coast, X thinks you are only interested in Alaska. They even took away the Pacific NW four and five day cruises. We took one last year and it was packed. I realize that they don't get top price for them but they don't get top prices for the Caribbean either. It is truly sad.

Never say never :-).

I think they are just waiting for better returns, given there is a bit of fuel cost for seasonal redeployments compared to their other areas of operations. They have been maintaining bookings in the area, and did say they are open to a return, but were burnt financially last time, so I think it's more due to their financial forecasts than any strategic decision to avoid the area.

I deal with the owner of a very large cruise agency and asked him to call Celebrity for me, which he did. Here is his email to me:

Laraine here is the official word from the sales dept its sounds 93.7% firm

"Regarding your question about Australia/New Zealand, at this point it looks

like we will not be offering the Australia/New Zealand product for 2012.

However, deployment is not yet finalized."

I am hoping Regent will sail there - seems like my only option.

I am hoping Regent will sail there - seems like my only option.

If you are a regular X cruiser (as we are) you might consider Holland America's Vollendam. We are Elite on X but have two cruises on HAL and had a decent time. The service wasn't the equivalent of X but the food was and the cabin was bigger and better appointed. They are about the same price-wise.

That said, I would still rather sail Down Under on my favorite cruise line, X (or Azamara) but alas, X seems to now be stuck in the Caribbean and Azamara in Europe and Asia. No one wants to go to Australia and NZ. :(

I appreciate the suggestion.

I have heard awful things about HAL from so many sources and the limitless smoking is a no go for me.

I am also looking at deluxe land tours - Plenty of time to decide and I have 5 cruises already booked to dream about.

Hi Celebrity Fan !

The short cruises may not be important to you, but they are very important to Celebrity. They make very good profits on the short sailings. Lots of Drinking and Gambling.

If they werent good money makers, Celebrity wouldnt be putting a LARGER ship on the itinerary in 2011/2012.

Hi Celebrity Fan !

The short cruises may not be important to you, but they are very important to Celebrity. They make very good profits on the short sailings. Lots of Drinking and Gambling.

If they werent good money makers, Celebrity wouldnt be putting a LARGER ship on the itinerary in 2011/2012.

Then why don't they put a few on the Mexican Riviera? Or why did they discontinue the 4 and 5 day NW cruises out of Seattle. They were packed and lots of our friends loved them. But no more.

X is becoming the RCL for adults. I understand that move but to totally abandon everything but the Caribbean and Europe (and three ships in Alaska in the summer) is ridiculous. Be honest folks, how many times can you sail in the Caribbean?

I appreciate the suggestion.

I have heard awful things about HAL from so many sources and the limitless smoking is a no go for me.

I am also looking at deluxe land tours - Plenty of time to decide and I have 5 cruises already booked to dream about.

We are serious anti-smokers and it never bothered us. And if you are at all interested, I did a brand-to-brand comparison of HAL and X that you can read here. http://web.mac.com/jimbellomo/Oosterdam_to_Mexico/We_sail_the_Mexican_Riviera.html

• 2 months later...

I think most of us had given up on the idea of Celebrity returning to Australia and NZ in 2011/12. It finally happened. Today, Celebrity announced their return to Australia and the South Pacific.

See

Celebrity Cruises presents exotic new voyages in Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and French Polynesia.

And now we all have Australia and New Zealand to look forward to! To say nothing about Hawaii for some of us, too.

Does anybody know when the bookings will open up for Captain's Club? I hope earlier than for the general public!

Have fun dreaming and then planning, all.

--May

exactly what they said they almost definitely would not do!

--May

That is very funny - and true.

It's almost as if X management is trying to alienate as many customers as possible. Back in September of 2008, X canceled the 2009/10 Australia/NZ season to move Mercury to Baltimore. This annoyed me and everyone else that had booked one of the Australia/NZ cruises. (It was Princess' gain. I was annoyed enough with X to try another cruise line.)

Now it's the Baltimore cruisers turn to be left high-and-dry by X. Their season has been canceled to move Century to Australia/NZ. Is there a pattern here?

Celebrity Cruises overnight

confirmed that its

Celebrity

Century would operate in

Australasian waters over the

2011/12 cruise season.

T

HE ANNOUNCEMENT SEES THE RETURN OF THE

Celebrity brand to the region for the first

time in a number of years, following the

most recent deployment here of

Celebrity

Millennium in 2008/09.

Celebrity is part of Royal Caribbean, with

Celebrity Century

carrying about 1800

passengers and itineraries including a series

of trans-Tasman voyages as well as a 36-

night circumnavigation of Australia.

The move will see Royal Caribbean’s

Australasian capacity triple that of last

season, with Century joining Rhapsody of

the Seas and Radiance of the Seas in local

waters over the 2011/12 summer.

12- and 13-night voyages will operate

between Sydney and Auckland, while the

maiden circumnavigation of the continent

will be available in two 18-night segments.

Royal Caribbean’s local chief Gavin Smith

said the addition reflects Australians’

increasing appetite for cruising.

“As more Australians take to the seas, the

more discerning they are becoming about

different styles of cruising,” he said.

“There is a growing appreciation

that not all cruise ships are the

same...”

“There is a growing appreciation that not

all cruise ships are the same and we are

excited to be able to invite Australians to

discover what makes our ships so different

and our itineraries so special”.

Century

features include the ice-topped

Martini Bar, a huge AquaSpa offering a

massive range of beauty and wellness

treatments, a 1000 seat theatre and an

extensive kids program.

The company said that further details of

the down under itineraries would be released

in coming weeks, with the season set to go

on sale on 30 July.

Thanks for posting, Aussie family, if you don't mind my shortening.

Interesting that in the U.S. we will be able to book around 11 pm on the 29th, Aussie time. Then when you wake up on the 30th, we'll be about eight hours into our booking window. I suspect you'll still have your full choice of cabins!

Yes, MercCruiser, it does seem as though Celebrity can't quite decide exactly what's best. I think it goes under the category of not being able to please all of the people all of the time. Perhaps we mere cruisers can't imagine the complexity of deciding these things a year and a half in advance.

--May

Thanks for posting, Aussie family, if you don't mind my shortening.

Interesting that in the U.S. we will be able to book around 11 pm on the 29th, Aussie time. Then when you wake up on the 30th, we'll be about eight hours into our booking window. I suspect you'll still have your full choice of cabins!

Yes, MercCruiser, it does seem as though Celebrity can't quite decide exactly what's best. I think it goes under the category of not being able to please all of the people all of the time. Perhaps we mere cruisers can't imagine the complexity of deciding these things a year and a half in advance.

--May

I was initially excited to read about the Century coming downunder, but have now gone off the idea of cruising on the century to New Zealand, as I have read it doesn't have a covered pool area, do you know if that is correct?

The Radiance of the Seas is looking a better option.

Archived