Hot Breakfast from Room Service

suncruising

Has anyone had any luck with writing in their order on the breakfast room service menus you leave on your door? It's a continental breakfast menu but I'm wondering if you've been successful writing in something like:

3 scrambled eggs

rye toast

bacon

If so, do they charge? Since supposedly you can order anything being served in the dining room at that time and also 24 hours a day I don't see why you have to make a phone call in the morning. It seems like this would be more convenient because they'd know farther in advance. Thanks!

Where do you get the idea that you can order anything being served in the dining room at that time? Only people in suites can order from the dining room menu.

That said, some have reported they did write in hot items for breakfast and got them. Others did not.

Has anyone had any luck with writing in their order on the breakfast room service menus you leave on your door? It's a continental breakfast menu but I'm wondering if you've been successful writing in something like:

3 scrambled eggs

rye toast

bacon

If so, do they charge? Since supposedly you can order anything being served in the dining room at that time and also 24 hours a day I don't see why you have to make a phone call in the morning. It seems like this would be more convenient because they'd know farther in advance. Thanks!

Actually, any stateroom below a full suite receives a very limited room service menu. You are no longer allowed to order off the dining room menu (as we could years ago), and haven't for many years now. Full suites do have this privledge, but not any category under a full suite.

Some have been sucessful writing in hot itmes, some have not (we have not).

Where do you get the idea that you can order anything being served in the dining room at that time? Only people in suites can order from the dining room menu.

That said, some have reported they did write in hot items for breakfast and got them. Others did not.

Buddy, you have no idea what kind of room I'm in. I'm simply asking a question since I'll be new to Princess and every cruiseline is different. Be nice.

For several years we have written additional items on the continental breakfast room service card that were hot items (omlette, bacon, etc.) and they were always honored.

However, on two recent cruises (Crown British Isles 2009) (Ruby 3/2010), we did so and they were not honored. Things gave changed.

I am, also, taking my first Princess cruise soon, and I had forgotten about the lack of hot options with room service with Princess as compared to HAL, RCI or X. It is not that big of a deal, as we usually just order coffee and pastries in the morning, but still it is a nice option to have with room service on port days. Wonder why they do this? I mean how hard is it to put bacon and eggs on a plate in the morning?:confused:

jc

Buddy, you have no idea what kind of room I'm in. I'm simply asking a question since I'll be new to Princess and every cruiseline is different. Be nice.

Buudy,

You don't indicate what type of cabin you are in, so it is not unreasonable to assume you are not in a suite, but I even said passengers in suites could order from the menu.

I am, also, taking my first Princess cruise soon, and I had forgotten about the lack of hot options with room service with Princess as compared to HAL, RCI or X. It is not that big of a deal, as we usually just order coffee and pastries in the morning, but still it is a nice option to have with room service on port days. Wonder why they do this? I mean how hard is it to put bacon and eggs on a plate in the morning?:confused:

jc

I so agree with you on this. The buffet is a ZOO in the AM on port days, and we rarely go to the dining room for breakfast. It would free up space at the HC if they extended their room service menu for breakfast (if not other meals as well). BUT, then who would order that Ultimate Balcony breakfast they are so proud of for $32 per couple (I noticed the price keeps rising). And for us, we probably would not book full suites anymore if this was available, since Elite members receive almost as many perks as the full suites do, no matter which category stateroom you book. But I have to admit, out of all the things that Princess has cut back on, this is one service I miss the most. :(

Not hard. But ask how hard it is to get them to the cabin still warm when they are making many deliveries at that time.

They seem to be able to do it on their direct mainstream cruiseline competitors. Are they as hot as straight off the grill? No, but they are certainly tolerable. It is a weak point in the Princess offering. It is not keeping me from my cruising with them, but to just say they don't because they can't seems to be a poor decision process in my opinion.

Toto, as always it is good to hear from you, my friend. Why don't you go on my cruise and that way you can get me up to speed with Princess. I feel like a virgin, again.:D

jc

Not hard. But ask how hard it is to get them to the cabin still warm when they are making many deliveries at that time.

Its very easy actually....my omlettes, hash browns and bacon are always hot when I get them delivered to my room on X.........nothing better than a couple of glasses of oj, 2 pots of coffee and a full hot breakfast onmy balcony everyday..........I cruise X and Princess but this is what keeps X as my favorite........not to mention being able to order room service off the MDR menu during meal hours

They seem to be able to do it on their direct mainstream cruiseline competitors. Are they as hot as straight off the grill? No, but they are certainly tolerable. It is a weak point in the Princess offering. It is not keeping me from my cruising with them, but to just say they don't because they can't seems to be a poor decision process in my opinion.

Toto, as always it is good to hear from you, my friend. Why don't you go on my cruise and that way you can get me up to speed with Princess. I feel like a virgin, again.:D

jc

I hope your not bringing your stalkers over here JC! LMAO!!!!!!!! ;)

Just like you are? :rolleyes:

You made a categorical statement and got corrected. Deal with it.

jc

I tried writing in hot items on RCI Freedom and they were not honored. They only had continental items on the room service breakfast card. So it's hit or miss.

Holland American does both every day by the way. We really a enjoy a hot breakfast in our cabin when we cruise HAL.

HAL also has a bath tub in every cabin.

We like Princess though for some other things.

Each cruiseline has its pluses and minuses.

HAL does NOT have a bathroom in every cabin. Where did you get that idea? I've been on several HAL cruises, the latest being last October, and I have NEVER had a bathtub. Check the deck plan.

HAL does NOT have a bathroom in every cabin. Where did you get that idea? I've been on several HAL cruises, the latest being last October, and I have NEVER had a bathtub. Check the deck plan.

Opps, I think you might want to re-word that first sentence, unless you actually meant there is no bathroom in some cabins. ;)

I would say it was an educated guess - you have clearly been researching Princess and would be heading straight to Sabatinis for breakfast if you were in a full suite!

I would say it was an educated guess - you have clearly been researching Princess and would be heading straight to Sabatinis for breakfast if you were in a full suite!

The point is I'd like a hot, high protein, healthy breakfast in my room while getting showered and dressed after my morning workout and was wondering what my options are. I have no interest in going out at that time, it's just my preference. People's assumptions and "educated guesses" are very wrong about our room.

On another note (not necessarily you freddie1974) I'm astounded by how rude some people are on this site, especially when it's a new person asking a question. People's questions deserve respect. If you don't respect it, ignore it.

We ordered coffee, juice and pastries to enjoy on the balcony and then went down to the MDR for breakfast where they cooked me egg benedict to order despite not being on the menu...seemed like the best of all worlds to me!

Archived