All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

Sorry I missed you, too. I didn't feel great and just hung out around the hotel mostly. I did go over to Water's Edge to try their S&G. Think I liked it better than what I'd had at Fleet Landing.

Back at work this morning with my Carnival Tervis tumbler sitting here looking at me.

We have our company baseball outing this afternoon, so maybe I'll start writing that review when I get home (good day to have to return to work; goof off for a few hours, then head to Durham Bulls games for some baseball, sun, hotdogs and beer).

I did get my pics off my phone onto my laptop but have to upload them to Flickr still.

I did check the sailings this summer to see if there was a good fit with one of my long weekends, but I don't see anything. And it seems that DD & SIL won't be able to go with me in November on Conquest, either, so I have to decide whether to keep that or switch to something else. Really want to do a B2B Eastern/Western on HAL and get TWO stops at HMC! But can't afford to do that solo. :(

Sorry I missed you, too. I didn't feel great and just hung out around the hotel mostly. I did go over to Water's Edge to try their S&G. Think I liked it better than what I'd had at Fleet Landing.

Back at work this morning with my Carnival Tervis tumbler sitting here looking at me.

We have our company baseball outing this afternoon, so maybe I'll start writing that review when I get home (good day to have to return to work; goof off for a few hours, then head to Durham Bulls games for some baseball, sun, hotdogs and beer).

I did get my pics off my phone onto my laptop but have to upload them to Flickr still.

I did check the sailings this summer to see if there was a good fit with one of my long weekends, but I don't see anything. And it seems that DD & SIL won't be able to go with me in November on Conquest, either, so I have to decide whether to keep that or switch to something else. Really want to do a B2B Eastern/Western on HAL and get TWO stops at HMC! But can't afford to do that solo. :(

Can't wait to read your review and see the pics!

See, the problem is we went to a flea market on Saturday and DD insisted I buy some used video games (they got me an XBox 360 for Christmas), so instead of writing my review, I went home after the ballgame and played a game.

Still have piles of laundry to do!

Promise I'll start writing tonight. No, really! :p

So glad to read all these great reviews of the Fantasy. Any chance that someone headed on her could post a photo of the Camp Carnival room for the 6-8 yr olds? Haven't been able to see any photos of the camp.

Thanks.

So, are you actually an LPGA player? Or past player?

Here's your pic of Camp Carnival. Have to say that it is just like the pic on Carnival's website! Of course, I took this through the window just after boarding. Not sure what's in the back of the room.

8739874814_5cd48ce79e_z.jpg

I have started my review thread, but I can't post any more tonight. Must get laundry done and finish putting away groceries!

So, are you actually an LPGA player? Or past player?

Here's your pic of Camp Carnival. Have to say that it is just like the pic on Carnival's website! Of course, I took this through the window just after boarding. Not sure what's in the back of the room.

8739874814_5cd48ce79e_z.jpg

I have started my review thread, but I can't post any more tonight. Must get laundry done and finish putting away groceries!

Thanks!!

I played on the mini tour for years and now I'm an LPGA Teaching pro in Pinehurst.

Appreciate the photo and taking the time.

You're welcome. That's some ugly carpeting!

If I ever take up the game again (haven't played regularly for over 30 years) I might come down and have a few lessons!

Doing laundry last night and I can't find one of my tops. I can't imagine I left it on the ship, but I know I didn't leave it in the hotel or at the beach. Sigh. And it was one that I also wear to work.

Guess I'll just have to go shopping, right?

You're welcome. That's some ugly carpeting!

If I ever take up the game again (haven't played regularly for over 30 years) I might come down and have a few lessons!

Doing laundry last night and I can't find one of my tops. I can't imagine I left it on the ship, but I know I didn't leave it in the hotel or at the beach. Sigh. And it was one that I also wear to work.

Guess I'll just have to go shopping, right?

Pine hurst is good spot to re-learn the game!! Loving the review!

Heya Folks, We took a break and cruised the Carnival Fascination a couple of times. Now back to the Carnival Fantasy on the Sept 1 cruise.

I hope you guys left her in good a shape as you found her...lol

Got off her yesterday and she's still in great shape! Miss her already.

On my B2B, I never learned the hostess' name (shame on me, I spent quite a lot of time in there, esepcially on the solo leg, and played the slot tourney on both legs - used my BOGO tickets one each leg and came in last in my heat each time :( ).

She was a tiny Indian woman with a big voice. I really liked her.

But she wasn't there this time and I didn't met the current hostess (didn't play the slot tournament), so can't provide any info on her.

I should've finished my review this weekend but I was lazy. Want to add my overall thoughts/impressions.

We were on the same sailing as NCTribe and also had a wonderful cruise. The staff thruout were wonderful. We like to play trivia and were pleased with the amount and variety onboard. We also enjoyed the game shows in the main show lounge. The 2 variety shows, Brits and Motor City were very enjoyable and we were glad we didn't listen to other reviews who said they were poorly done. The only dissapointments were our bad luck in video poker and the food which was only fair. The brisket the first night was our best meal with no fat and very tender. This was our third trip on the Fantasy and would have no problems with enjoying a 4th cruise on her.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I am thinking about organizing a small group cruise on the Fantasy in December 2014 (I'm booked for a B2B on her this December for myself and hubby- HOORAY! :D). The cruise would be for bellydance, and I'm wondering if those of you who have been on the ship know how many people some of the community rooms might hold for a dance class? I'm mostly thinking of the Aft Lounge, the dance club, Cat's Lounge, etc. Looking at photos, I think some rooms have too many bolted down tables, but these three looked like they might have enough open space to move in. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how many people might fit in there? I'm hoping for 15-20. :) I think my biggest fear is Carnival saying they have enough space and then finding out we really don't. We're hoping to have classes in one or two of the rooms during the day (possibly even moving between rooms so that existing activities- like tea time in Cleopatra's Lounge- aren't disrupted). If you have any other ideas on possible areas for classes, I'd love to know! I've only been on the Imagination for this class of ship, and I'm ashamed to say I can't remember anything about these areas, LOL.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday - a few thoughts to share:

Embark / Disembark went well (disembark much better this time than last time).

The first night in DR (8:15 seating), we were not served bread until we asked for it after our entrée had been served. After that, no more issues.

Our room seemed to stay stuffy the entire week even with the vent wide open (however, that may have been due to having 4 people in the room).

The ship was REALLY crowded, but did not really suffer from long lines anywhere. Did not see a lot of chair hogging, but all chairs were full at all times - it was difficult to find 2 chairs together on any level.

Played lots of trivia - won 2 ships on a stick! :p

Saw one family comedy show and 2 adult comedy shows - all were funny.

This seemed to be a really "young" sailing - most people were families with kids 15 & under or young couples/singles. Probably saw the least amount of older people and scooters that I have ever seen on a cruise. Perhaps that demographic mostly sails during the off season (as do we).

Saw the Grandeur of the Seas (ship with the fire) in Freeport - WOW!

We had a medical emergency onboard and wound up docking in Port Canaveral around 7:30am on Wednesday to offload a passenger to an ambulance. This was sea day for us and did not delay our return to Charleston.

Happy to answer any specific questions!

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday - a few thoughts to share:

Embark / Disembark went well (disembark much better this time than last time).

The first night in DR (8:15 seating), we were not served bread until we asked for it after our entrée had been served. After that, no more issues.

Our room seemed to stay stuffy the entire week even with the vent wide open (however, that may have been due to having 4 people in the room).

The ship was REALLY crowded, but did not really suffer from long lines anywhere. Did not see a lot of chair hogging, but all chairs were full at all times - it was difficult to find 2 chairs together on any level.

Played lots of trivia - won 2 ships on a stick! :p

Saw one family comedy show and 2 adult comedy shows - all were funny.

This seemed to be a really "young" sailing - most people were families with kids 15 & under or young couples/singles. Probably saw the least amount of older people and scooters that I have ever seen on a cruise. Perhaps that demographic mostly sails during the off season (as do we).

Saw the Grandeur of the Seas (ship with the fire) in Freeport - WOW!

We had a medical emergency onboard and wound up docking in Port Canaveral around 7:30am on Wednesday to offload a passenger to an ambulance. This was sea day for us and did not delay our return to Charleston.

Happy to answer any specific questions!

Thanks!!! God love the scooter crowd! One more week of work and we leave:D

Welcome home! I am sorry I missed you on your latest voyage to Charleston. I started back up with my pole for fitness classes and was there Wed & Thursday after work. Are you still in Charleston?

Would you mind sending me a PM? I tried to send you one, but for some reason it wont let me! (Go figure..) Would like to talk to you about your experiences on the Fantasy! Thanks!

Been meaning to link my review thread here and (as usual) kept forgetting!

There's a link at the end of the thread to my Flickr page. One of these days (yeah, right!), I may get around to uploading all my old cruise photos there. Had them all on Webshots but they lost my business. Unfortunately, the pics in all my older reviews now just have a little red x where the pics used to be even though they're all still on the Webshots site. Very annoying.

I keep going online and looking for another quick Fantasy cruise, but had an unexpected root canal this week, and I don't have dental insurance. Now have to get the crown for that tooth! Laying in that chair, listening to the drill go on and on and on, I kept thinking, "man, I could take a really nice cruise for what this is costing me!" :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844613&highlight=fantasy+solo

Stevo - you can't PM on CruiseCritic. Doesn't work for anyone.

Smudgecat - I would think the Forum lounge would work. There are dance floors in the disco and Cat's Lounge, but it's largest in the Forum.

bluecruisin - have never seen one of the game shows - may need to drop in on one next time. I also should probably check out one of the comedy shows, too. We didn't have a Meet & Greet. Would've been nice to meet some people, especially since I was solo. Maybe you saw me in the salsa dance class; a lot of other people seemed to have, judging by the number of folks who came up to me later in the cruise and told me! :eek:

Been meaning to link my review thread here and (as usual) kept forgetting!

There's a link at the end of the thread to my Flickr page. One of these days (yeah, right!), I may get around to uploading all my old cruise photos there. Had them all on Webshots but they lost my business. Unfortunately, the pics in all my older reviews now just have a little red x where the pics used to be even though they're all still on the Webshots site. Very annoying.

I keep going online and looking for another quick Fantasy cruise, but had an unexpected root canal this week, and I don't have dental insurance. Now have to get the crown for that tooth! Laying in that chair, listening to the drill go on and on and on, I kept thinking, "man, I could take a really nice cruise for what this is costing me!" :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844613&highlight=fantasy+solo

Stevo - you can't PM on CruiseCritic. Doesn't work for anyone.

Yeah, I thought I might be overlooking something.. Thanks for the tip! Please excuse me for the typical noobie questions. Haha

Also, great review! I checked it out yesterday. Reading the reviews from everyone's experiences on the Fantasy is definitely making me more and more anxious to set sail in September!

Would you mind sending me a PM? I tried to send you one, but for some reason it wont let me! (Go figure..) Would like to talk to you about your experiences on the Fantasy! Thanks!

stevo...do you use Facebook? You could friend me and then message me that way.