All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

Just hit the wires this afternoon. SC DHEC issues a permit to allow construction of a $35 million dollar cruise terminal in Charleston :D

Please see http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20121218/PC16/121219351/1006/state-issues-permit-for-35-million-cruise-terminal-in-charleston

Great news!

Just hit the wires this afternoon. SC DHEC issues a permit to allow construction of a $35 million dollar cruise terminal in Charleston :D

Please see http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20121218/PC16/121219351/1006/state-issues-permit-for-35-million-cruise-terminal-in-charleston

Great news!

So we get the whole new terminal with all the beautification of the surrounding areas? Or are they just refurbing the current building?

So we get the whole new terminal with all the beautification of the surrounding areas? Or are they just refurbing the current building?

It is a brand new building see http://www.scspa.com/UnionPierPlan/index.html which is to be built at the union pier, which is part of the same area but not at the end of Market Street but north of there a bit, if you can look at a map it appears to be just south of Laurens Street. That is where you currently go through the first "ID check" by Charleston PD and enter the property as you go to the vehicle queue to for parking and drop-off. Look over the link for drawings and such.

• 3 months later...

I guess no one cares about dear, old Fantasy except a few of us fanatics. :p

Just booked her again. I have 28 nights on her so far. Just happened to go online and saw a great price, so I'm booked for a 5-nights in early May, solo (unless anyone gets back to me today that they can join me).

It's just to Nassau and Freeport. I missed Freeport on my B2B in October, so this will make up for that. This is just going to be a post-tax-season relaxing cruise.

Anyone have any thoughts about what was done during her recent dry dock? Just cosmetic things?

I believe Risa will be off for a couple of months (she's pregnant, right?), so I'll have a different CD (not that it's that important to me). And I understand that there's no more Ticket to Ride. :(

I hope Gerald is still waiting tables for YTD. He was one of the highlights. And I hope Tim the Magician is still onboard.

And I'll believe it about the new terminal when I see it!

Glad i found this thread again! My wife and i will be on Fantasy in one month for our first cruise we booked the seven night.. Question, is there anyway to get on that deck at the very front of the ship?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Well, a clean and shiny funnel is important! :p

You're supposed to be able to access the "secret" decks from the main lounge, but when I looked last time, all the doors said "employees" or something similar and I wasn't going to barge through. You can go all the way forward way up on the Sun deck. That's a good spot for sailaway.

I'll be sure to request Gerald's section when I first board and see if that helps. Don't know if Platinum will have any impact, but I'll try. If not, I'll just go down about 30 minutes earlier than I really want to eat, get a pager, and sit at the bar and have a drink. ;)

I asked in the Charleston thread on the East Coast Departures board, but no response yet. Are they still doing road construction in front of the pier (Concord Street?)?

You're supposed to be able to access the "secret" decks from the main lounge, but when I looked last time, all the doors said "employees" or something similar and I wasn't going to barge through. You can go all the way forward way up on the Sun deck. That's a good spot for sailaway.

I'll be sure to request Gerald's section when I first board and see if that helps. Don't know if Platinum will have any impact, but I'll try. If not, I'll just go down about 30 minutes earlier than I really want to eat, get a pager, and sit at the bar and have a drink. ;)

I asked in the Charleston thread on the East Coast Departures board, but no response yet. Are they still doing road construction in front of the pier (Concord Street?)?

I havent been in that area in awhile but I can find out for ya.

I havent been in that area in awhile but I can find out for ya.

Thanks! I'm just curious. Gotta try to fit in a little time during heavy tax season to decide where to stay pre-cruise.

Luv, please let me know if Tim the Magician is onboard when you sail! He takes a little getting used to, but by the end of my 2nd leg, I decided I liked him.

Nope, the deck on the front is the crew deck, you can get to the secret deck by going all the way forward on the left side of Empress? It's the small deck that hugs the front of the ship. Try the Behind the Fun tour, you will get to visit it then. I did. BTW just booked Fantasy again for 09/26/13 and can't wait!

There didn't seem to be any construction on the street approaching the parking, all clear!

We tried to get out to that deck as well and saw the sign as well, and didn't barge through. The quiet front decks are something that we missed on this class of ship.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

Another tax season bites the dust. But I'll tell you, having ONE day off afterward really just doesn't do much.

But in just over two weeks, I'll be back on board.

I tried sending an email to the Maitre'd to see if Seville is still waiting tables (he was our assistant waiter, table 331, Jubliee) and he was just wonderful. There were nights that our head waiter never came to our table and Seville did just as good, or better, than any head waiter I've had.

If he's still on board, I'm hoping to change my dining time to late and be assigned to a 2-top in his section. I know there's one there because the table next to us was vacant the entire 7 nights.

Still hoping to find out if Tim the Magician is still there. The advanced search function used to work quite well, but it isn't working AT ALL now, so it's difficult to find recent reviews.

But at least now I have the time that I can go home tonight and just browse the board.

And, no, I haven't made my hotel res yet! :eek:

Specialty beers? Not really, that I recall. There are some imports available. I don't have a recent bar menu in front of me. No Red Frog (had it on Glory to Bermuda and quite liked it). I'm a beer and wine drinker, but tend to avoid beer on cruises just because it's too filling to drink much with all the filling, rich foods. And I simply cannot drink much alcohol sitting out in the sun. End up with a migraine and that's not how I want to spend my cruise.

Tim usually was just wandering around the dining rooms, interrupting people's meals. At first, it was a little annoying. But after a few days (after all, I was on the ship for 12 nights), he seemed to sort of single me out. On Leg 2, DD & DSIL really enjoyed him. He also had a couple of little semi-private sessions in the library that we went to instead of going to the late show in the theatre.

Tall, slender, dark hair, glasses, very dry sense of humor. I really liked him.

Tried sending an email to the Maitre'd using the address posted elsewhere to see if Seville was still waiting tables but no response.

Two weeks from now, we should have set sail (although it seems we've always left late from Charleston). Still, at least I'll be on the ship!!

Reply from Maitre'd received this morning. Neither Gerald in YTD or Seville in traditional are on board now. :(

So, I'll have a different CD (Risa is on maternity leave, I believe), different piano bar person, neither of my favorite waiters, no more Ticket to Ride.

And she was in dry dock a couple of months ago. It's going to be like sailing on a different ship. Except it won't really. She'll be the same, dear, old girl in the end. :)

Wish they offered the 7-night more frequently. I was so sad when we had to miss HMC thanks to Hurricane Sandy damage. I was so upset that the young man at the excursion desk saw me sitting at the lobby bar later and came over and bought me a bottle of wine.

Have a great time. Let me know if Tim the Magician is on board!

I just booked my pre-cruise hotel, so I'm ready. Well, except for not knowing if I can still fit into my cruise clothes! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Not maternity leave? I had definitely decided during my 12 nights in October that she was pregnant and just beginning to show. But, as a woman, I know better than to make a comment to another woman about her being pregnant. Too often it turns out to just be a little extra weight! :o

Speaking of weight, I tried on the dress I wore to DD's wedding (which I picked specifically because I thought it would be a good Elegant night dress; floor length but a jersey knit) and it still fits! Yippee!

Laundry tonight; nails tomorrow night; pack Wednesday night; leave work after lunch on Thursday. And I found out yesterday that I'll be heading up to Emerald Isle on Thursday for a weekend at the beach (to recover from my relaxing cruise, you know). That means I'm staying in Charleston for a post-cruise day, too. :D

Looking foward to sailing Fantasy yet again.