All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

hmmm must have hit send from my phone without actually typing anything

Bob- I know you are the ring leader!! trying to pressure us in to booking another cruise! glad someone is. :D I'll be spending the day looking at this cruise if we have yet another snow day and I think i'll stalk the roll call too. I would totally make another drive down to Charleston!

We stayed at the same Holiday Inn. We purchased the package that included parking and ended up with $40 food voucher we used at Sticky Fingers which is across from the hotel. The hotel was very clean and breakfast was yummy. We asked for the cab the night before. We paid $20 to ride to the cruise port and $15 to return. No issues either way and will stay there again! Trying to hold off until the dec 27th cruise...

We stayed at the same Holiday Inn. We purchased the package that included parking and ended up with $40 food voucher we used at Sticky Fingers which is across from the hotel. The hotel was very clean and breakfast was yummy. We asked for the cab the night before. We paid $20 to ride to the cruise port and $15 to return. No issues either way and will stay there again! Trying to hold off until the dec 27th cruise...

Thanks! That helps!

hmmm must have hit send from my phone without actually typing anything

Bob- I know you are the ring leader!! trying to pressure us in to booking another cruise! glad someone is. :D I'll be spending the day looking at this cruise if we have yet another snow day and I think i'll stalk the roll call too. I would totally make another drive down to Charleston!

Do it! Do ittttt! LOL. This sailing is going to Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay! Book it!!!! Do it!!!!

My parents both have minor mobility issues. They do not need wheelchairs unless they have major walking to do (such as a day at Disney) but I am worried about that steep incline during embarkation. If they take it slow and use a cane they will probably be okay but just wondering if there is a different option?

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday and it was one of the best cruises!! I'll write a review soon and post the link here. we stayed on the ship the whole time. what made this cruise for me was the staff. especially TJ (entertainment crew- does lots of the trivia) and Rob in the piano bar. I would absolutely book the Fantasy again.

Does the Fantasy have the Guys Burger Bar with the recent upgrade?

My parents both have minor mobility issues. They do not need wheelchairs unless they have major walking to do (such as a day at Disney) but I am worried about that steep incline during embarkation. If they take it slow and use a cane they will probably be okay but just wondering if there is a different option?

There is an option for handicap/wheelchair... I think that you can embark near the pier (same as used at Nassau). Not absolutely sure though...

This will be our first cruise out of Charleston but haven't read all 55 pages of this thread so please forgive me if this has been addressed before. Two couples in 60's-70's. One spouse is undergoing cancer treatments and tires easily, the eldest has trouble standing for any length of time. From what I've read, there are waiting periods involved due to the terminal set up. Are there places to sit while waiting? One couple is platinum, the other not. We want to get on early as there is a particular cabana at HMC we want to get, so arriving after the rush won't really work. Thanks for any help you can give us.

This will be our first cruise out of Charleston but haven't read all 55 pages of this thread so please forgive me if this has been addressed before. Two couples in 60's-70's. One spouse is undergoing cancer treatments and tires easily, the eldest has trouble standing for any length of time. From what I've read, there are waiting periods involved due to the terminal set up. Are there places to sit while waiting? One couple is platinum, the other not. We want to get on early as there is a particular cabana at HMC we want to get, so arriving after the rush won't really work. Thanks for any help you can give us.

If waiting in lines at the terminal might be a issue you should buy faster to fun you will practically walk on and you will beat the lines at guest services I hope this helps and have a great cruise

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

If waiting in lines at the terminal might be a issue you should buy faster to fun you will practically walk on and you will beat the lines at guest services I hope this helps and have a great cruise

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I second this. FTTF will not only get them priority embark and debark, meaning no real lines to go through, but also priority tender. There can be long waits for tendering. Their cabins will be available immediately upon boarding, so they can drop off any carry-on luggage and drinks there instead of lugging it around the ship till up to 4pm. Also, if they need anything at guest services, like putting cash down on their S&S account, they won't have to wait in those long lines because they have a special line just for FTTF. We used FTTF on our cruise to HMC and don't regret one minute of it. In fact, we have it again for our Fantasy cruise this year :D

Thanks for the responses but I was more concerned that we would be waiting outside after the shuttle drops us off. The individual who has trouble standing is platinum and each has a spouse who gets around okay. Is having to wait outside a problem or have I misread the situation?

after parking your car, you may have to wait around for a shuttle to take you to the terminal. once you get to the terminal, there is a small seating area.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1526726_10152192973073993_1953888963_n.jpg

not sure why my computer isn't letting me post pictures. click the link and it shows the line to wait for the shuttle

Edited by michelle1836

I am thinking of planning a Fantasy trip for my birthday in April with my spouse and mom and niece and nephew.

I know it might be tight, but is there cabins on this ship that can accomidate 5?

Yes, Fantasy was one of the "grandfathered" ships that can have 5 in a cabin. I would contact your TA or PVP now though as they are limited.

Thanks for the responses but I was more concerned that we would be waiting outside after the shuttle drops us off. The individual who has trouble standing is platinum and each has a spouse who gets around okay. Is having to wait outside a problem or have I misread the situation?

If parking the individuals with walking/standing problems can wait in the car until the shuttle arrives to transport you to the terminal. Once on the shuttle you go directly to the terminal. Upon entering the terminal the Plat (and anyone in that cabin) will be directed to the VIP line... FTTF (Faster to the Fun) for $50 (if available) per cabin would allow the other couple to do almost the same. There is also a disabilities area of the Carnival website:

http://www.carnival.com/legal/guests-special-requirements.aspx

Have a wonderful cruise!

Sorry if this has already came up but how do they pick the adults/ kids to do the shows? IE: couples game or the family game night show? They do have that don't they?? I would love to do it and so would my kids. We will be sailing on may31!!

Sorry if this has already came up but how do they pick the adults/ kids to do the shows? IE: couples game or the family game night show? They do have that don't they?? I would love to do it and so would my kids. We will be sailing on may31!!

Hasbro game show--get there early, sit by the aisle toward the middle. they will post questions on a big screen and whoever knows the answer first jumps up and the cruise director will pick him. hint- jump up and wave and scream before you even know the answer!!! the answers are easy to guess