All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

icon7.gifFive day Fun Times Nov 2013

We just got back so I thought I'd post a current set for those that may be interested.

http://ppl.ug/f8eqsYRAUgI/ Cheers, Tip :)

I will post the SEVEN day shortly! As soon as we get back! :D

Thanks tip.n.ring! We are sailing again in May on Fantasy and am happy to have a recent copy of the Fun Times! Sad to see that the sushi station is gone. :( Interested in trying out the brunch. Was the menu the same as the regular MDR breakfast menu?

Please tell patthecma the Andrew and Nancy say hello.

The Fantasy Class ships are our favorite of all we have cruised so far. I like them better than the bigger ships because it's easier to get around without all of the up and down. I also found it, although it is smaller, to be less crowded.

The main drawback is the lack of deck seats/space. I loved the stadium style layout of lounge chairs on the Triumph.

We were on the Fantasy on the last cruise before dry dock then back on her shortly after she got the upgrades. It was as if were were on an entirely different ship. It was beautiful!

Unfortunately, the Elation, being one of the newer ships in the class, hasn't gotten the full Evolutions of Fun upgrades, and that is the ship that sails out of NO, which is where we like to sail from. We have been on here once before and will be going again in six weeks. Last time, we took our kids, so it was hard for me knowing what they could have had on an upgraded ship. This time, it won't be an issue at all. When there's only my husband and myself to think about, it doesn't take much to make me happy.

39 days until we sail!!!

I leave tomorrow. If anyone needs me to get any information for them let me know.

*waves at my2monkees* How are you doing?!

Would you mind taking a picture of the brunch menu if you happen to think of it?

A friend of mine from my high school days is leaving tomorrow also.

Hi first time taking a cruise going on the Fantasy was wondering what would be a good deck to get a room on midship.Was thinking about getting one on Empress deck. My wife and daughter will also be going we were looking at the ocean view rooms but don't know about the size for three people so we were also looking at the grand suites. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance

We cruised 6 times on the Fantasy and always stayed in mid ship OV cabins on the upper deck. The upper deck is the only deck with suites and some say that the best cabin stewards are assigned there, plus it has staterooms above and below. The Main deck is between staterooms also, but not the Empress.

With one exception, our cabins have always been very comfortable and well attended by the cabin stewards. The A/C in U116 was only marginally effective and we will avoid that cabin on future Fantasy cruises.

I can't advise you on 3 in a OV cabin, having only cruised as a couple. We did book U159 once and it had 1 Pullman, but it was never opened so I can't say how much it would have affected the cabin space.

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy. We'll be back on October 4.

Hi first time taking a cruise going on the Fantasy was wondering what would be a good deck to get a room on midship.Was thinking about getting one on Empress deck. My wife and daughter will also be going we were looking at the ocean view rooms but don't know about the size for three people so we were also looking at the grand suites. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance

We've stayed on the upper deck and loved it. So quiet. We had an inside room but our friends had a grand suite and had no problems. Plenty of room in the suite for 3 people. We also stayed on the upper deck on the Fascination out of Jacksonville. It's great location with rooms above and below.

If you are up around the gym and locker rooms. Would you mind checking to see if the womens sauna and steam room are connected to the locker room or if you have to go out into a "public" hallway. Thank you and have a wonderful cruise!

Hmmm. Not sure how "public" you'd consider it, since you'd be on the women's side of the spa. You walk in toward the desk, women go to the right, men to the left. The lockers are first, then the toilets/showers/sinks to the left, then a small hallway that leads to the gym entrance. The sauna and steamroom are in a little hallway between the two gym entrances (one along the hull that goes straight into the gym, the other at the end of hallway that leads to the open group workout space).

Personally, I would never, ever pay for a Grand Suite on a Fantasy class ship. But then, I'd never pay for one on any ship. I'm an accountant. I just can't see it. I'd rather sail three times in an interior than spend that kind of money on a cabin.

If the third person were physically unable to climb the ladder into a bunk, that might be the only option. It would probably be cheaper to get connecting OV than one suite. I don't know because I don't price them.

I like Empress. I've been all over Fantasy-class ships. The only cabin I had an issue with was U99 on Fascination. Horrible "whumping" pressure/noise from something in the blank space. Never again.

Just had R176 in September. The youngster in our group (she was "only" 50) got to climb into the bunk. She didn't mind at all and thought the bed was very comfortable. I actually prefer midship cabins down on Riviera or Main because that forces me to take more stairs (I never, ever use the elevators) which helps offset some of the calories consumed.

As a solo, I love the 1A cabins aft (there are five each on Upper and Empress).

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday and it was one of the best cruises!! I'll write a review soon and post the link here. we stayed on the ship the whole time. what made this cruise for me was the staff. especially TJ (entertainment crew- does lots of the trivia) and Rob in the piano bar. I would absolutely book the Fantasy again.

Hi

Where was your muster drill. On the open decks or in a lounge? Sailing 02/06 and it has been quite cool here in Myrtle Beach so do I need a jacket.

If you were in the water at Nassau how was the temperature?

Thanks for your help this is not my normal cruise time and I am not sure if I would even attempt the water.

Thanks

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Hi

Where was your muster drill. On the open decks or in a lounge? Sailing 02/06 and it has been quite cool here in Myrtle Beach so do I need a jacket.

Muster drill depends on which muster station you draw. Some are in interior areas and some are in exterior locations. Bring that jacket you may be stuck out on the Lido for quite a while.

Water temp is a pretty personal thing. Those from the north will have no problem taking a dip. Those from the southern areas will think its too cold. I suggest sticking a toe in and deciding for yourself.

We have always sailed empress deck on the fantasy only on one occasion did we ever hear anything but the ocean was very rough on our last cruise we were upgraded to a grand suite (at a cost ) the room size was awesome but the best part was the balcony . But I dont think I would ever pay the full asking price for the suite in my opinion thier not worth the extra money we could almost do 3 cruises for the difference

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Here is a link to a pic of what your room would look like at night with the pullman down- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142232&d=1262650497

We had a room just like it on the Fascination last cruise, and booked another one just like it on our upcoming Fantasy cruise. The pullman is put up during the day by your room steward, so it's not in the way. At night, if the person on the other side of the bed had to go to the bathroom, you have to watch your head and duck under it. Other than that we had plenty of room. We would never pay for a suite, unless we won the lottery of course :D

We cruised 6 times on the Fantasy and always stayed in mid ship OV cabins on the upper deck. The upper deck is the only deck with suites and some say that the best cabin stewards are assigned there, plus it has staterooms above and below. The Main deck is between staterooms also, but not the Empress.

With one exception, our cabins have always been very comfortable and well attended by the cabin stewards. The A/C in U116 was only marginally effective and we will avoid that cabin on future Fantasy cruises.

I can't advise you on 3 in a OV cabin, having only cruised as a couple. We did book U159 once and it had 1 Pullman, but it was never opened so I can't say how much it would have affected the cabin space.

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy. We'll be back on October 4.

Thanks For The Reply Think Were Going To Go With The OV On The Upper Deck.

We've stayed on the upper deck and loved it. So quiet. We had an inside room but our friends had a grand suite and had no problems. Plenty of room in the suite for 3 people. We also stayed on the upper deck on the Fascination out of Jacksonville. It's great location with rooms above and below.

Thanks For The Reply Think Were Going To Go Wirh The OV On The Upper DecK Where It Has The Staterooms Above And Below.

Personally, I would never, ever pay for a Grand Suite on a Fantasy class ship. But then, I'd never pay for one on any ship. I'm an accountant. I just can't see it. I'd rather sail three times in an interior than spend that kind of money on a cabin.

If the third person were physically unable to climb the ladder into a bunk, that might be the only option. It would probably be cheaper to get connecting OV than one suite. I don't know because I don't price them.

I like Empress. I've been all over Fantasy-class ships. The only cabin I had an issue with was U99 on Fascination. Horrible "whumping" pressure/noise from something in the blank space. Never again.

Ohad R176 in September. The youngster in our group (she was "only" 50) got to climb into the bunk. She didn't mind at all and thought the bed was very comfortable. I actually prefer midship cabins down on Riviera or Main because that forces me to take more stairs (I never, ever use the elevators) which helps offset some of the calories consumed.

As a solo, I love the 1A cabins aft (there are five each on Upper and Empress).

Thanks For The Reply Believe Were Going To Go With The OV For The Price Because We'll Probably Won't Be In The Room That Much Anyway Or Hopefully We Won't Be Anyway.

We have always sailed empress deck on the fantasy only on one occasion did we ever hear anything but the ocean was very rough on our last cruise we were upgraded to a grand suite (at a cost ) the room size was awesome but the best part was the balcony . But I dont think I would ever pay the full asking price for the suite in my opinion thier not worth the extra money we could almost do 3 cruises for the difference

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Thanks For The Reply Believe Were Going To Go With The Upper Deck All The Ones We've Looked At On Empress Are Right Next To The Elevators.

Here is a link to a pic of what your room would look like at night with the pullman down- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142232&d=1262650497

We had a room just like it on the Fascination last cruise, and booked another one just like it on our upcoming Fantasy cruise. The pullman is put up during the day by your room steward, so it's not in the way. At night, if the person on the other side of the bed had to go to the bathroom, you have to watch your head and duck under it. Other than that we had plenty of room. We would never pay for a suite, unless we won the lottery of course :D

Thanks For The Reply And Pic Don't Look Bad At All Believe That We Have Decided To Go With The OV On The Upper Deck. Was Also Wondering If The Bathroom Had Good Enough Room To Get Dressed?

Thanks For The Reply And Pic Don't Look Bad At All Believe That We Have Decided To Go With The OV On The Upper Deck. Was Also Wondering If The Bathroom Had Good Enough Room To Get Dressed?

The bathroom was actually bigger than I thought it would be. There is enough room to get dressed in it, which I did for elegant night while DH and DD napped. DH got dressed in there every morning though while DD and I got dressed in the room. Here are some links to the bathroom pics-

DSC01549

DSC01548

DSC01547

The bathroom was actually bigger than I thought it would be. There is enough room to get dressed in it, which I did for elegant night while DH and DD napped. DH got dressed in there every morning though while DD and I got dressed in the room. Here are some links to the bathroom pics-

DSC01549

DSC01548

DSC01547

Thanks For The Reply And Pics That's That's Good To Hear That It's Plenty Big Enough To Het Dressed In. We're Hopefully Going To Book The May 31 7 Day Cruise Out Of Charleston. Hope The Weather Will Be Good Then.

Hi

If you were in the water at Nassau how was the temperature?

Thanks for your help this is not my normal cruise time and I am not sure if I would even attempt the water.

Thanks

pat

murrells inlet, sc

The muster drill started out in the main lounge. Then they made us go outside to where the lifeboats and our station was. It was cold! Bring a jacket

We did not go in the water. I thought it would be too cold for me. Nassau was warm but Freeport was very windy. We usually cruise during the summer so this was definitely colder than what we were used to

Sent from my TARDIS