Oasis or Allure??

Need help from you experienced cruisers out there.

Looking at booking Sept. 2011, and can't decide on the Oasis or Allure. Price and destination are the same for the JS I'm looking at, and dates don't matter.

Would you book on the Oasis thinking that it's a almost three years old by then, still kind of new, and the kinks and other problems that go with a brand new ship would be worked out.

Or book Allure that's brand spanking new and less than a year old?

What are your pro's and con's?

Thanks in advance.

Can't tell you what to do, but in Sept. 2011, Oasis will be coming up on 2 years old, not 3. She'll still be young and beautiful.

I think it should be a matter of the itinerary and the price. Not sure there will be significant differences between the ships, so book based on those items.

Not sure that you could go wrong on either ship. Age is definitely not a factor, and most of the differences between the two ships are likely to be more cosmetic than anything else. Hopefully they will have relocated the electric outlets in Allure's staterooms so that they are more accessible and made whatever minor modifications have been deemed advisable after their experience with the Oasis, but I would probably limit my choice to whichever ship's itinerary best suits my schedule. Hairspray was fantastic on Oasis and it will be interesting to see what the featured entertainment will be onboard Allure, but I don't think you'll be disappointed whichever one you choose.

We will be making our decision between the 2 sailings by which day is best for us to board. The one that suits our schedule best and best price will be the sailing we book. I don't think there will be enough significant differences to book one over the other.

I would not book based on age but on price and dates. We prefer Saturday departures since we live in Florida and then can be back home on Saturday and have an extra day to regroup and get ready to get back to work. However, if you are working Monday - Friday and then need to fly to Florida perhaps a Sunday departure is better

I don't think there will be enough differences between the two ships to make a big difference. If sailing on Saturday or Sunday makes a difference, that could influence which ship to sail. The only other thing I can think of is that the shows on Allure are suppose to be different than on Oasis. If Hair Spray and Come Fly with Me doesn't do it for you, then waiting to see what Allure has for shows might help you decide. But if it's based on ships alone, I doubt there's enough difference to make me go one way or the other.

I would pick by ports, whichever was doing Eastern. I dont think Western should cost as much, Im western'ed out.

... that being said Im doing Oasis in Sept 2011!!!! hahahahaha (its a group date).

I HAVE seen a $100 OBC early booking bonus on Oasis for Sept 2011, not sure if its only from TA sites, or from RCL.

Archived