Pay to play Platinum/VIP?

Traveler353

I was just reading a review posted by a member of a cruise on the Fantasy last month. They mentioned "Also, you can go VIP for an extra $10, and that would have been nice.". Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I have two more Carnival cruises to go before I will have earned the right to Platinum/VIP status. I would hate to think that Carnival has cheapened the status of Platinum by selling it for a measly 10 bucks.:eek:

I was just reading a review posted by a member of a cruise on the Fantasy last month. They mentioned "Also, you can go VIP for an extra $10, and that would have been nice.".

More proof that the reviews in the review section are of dubious value at best.

When we were in New Orleans on the Triumph in January.... I was told by one of the porters that another porter that was selling VIP for $20 a person.

For $20, the porter would put VIP tags on your luggage and write VIP on the Fun Pass.

Of course, once these folks got up to the VIP office and the agents realized their cards were not pulled....they put 2 and 2 together and figured out what was going on.

That porter has since been fired....I am guessing that is the same thing that may have happened in Mobile....

I was just reading a review posted by a member of a cruise on the Fantasy last month. They mentioned "Also, you can go VIP for an extra $10, and that would have been nice.". Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I have two more Carnival cruises to go before I will have earned the right to Platinum/VIP status. I would hate to think that Carnival has cheapened the status of Platinum by selling it for a measly 10 bucks.:eek:

I find this very hard to believe - can you please provide a link to the review where this is mentioned?

I find this very hard to believe - can you please provide a link to the review where this is mentioned?

Even if someone said they they were offered VIP luggage tags for $10, doesn't make them valid. A link wouldnt prove it was true. ... just that someone said it was true. Lots of people post wrong information on here.

When we were in New Orleans on the Triumph in January.... I was told by one of the porters that another porter that was selling VIP for $20 a person.

For $20, the porter would put VIP tags on your luggage and write VIP on the Fun Pass.

Of course, once these folks got up to the VIP office and the agents realized their cards were not pulled....they put 2 and 2 together and figured out what was going on.

That porter has since been fired....I am guessing that is the same thing that may have happened in Mobile....

Ya' just got to love it. Actually this does not really surprise me at all. If there is way to make money off of gullible tourist someone will figure out a way to do. Unfortunately it gets passed on as fact by one of them to other gullible tourist. I will be sailing out of Mobile Monday, will have to wait and see if it is still going on and what the scam is.

Here is the link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=65051

Even if someone said they they were offered VIP luggage tags for $10, doesn't make them valid. A link wouldnt prove it was true. ... just that someone said it was true. Lots of people post wrong information on here.

Fire, exactly why I posted the question. Sounded fishy to me. Way too much outdated and misinformation poster here.

Fire, exactly why I posted the question. Sounded fishy to me. Way too much outdated and misinformation poster here.

Sadly, such is the internet.

And just because you've posted that, someone's going to get all huffy because they no longer have fruit punch or the OBC rules were changed over a year ago. ;)

Sadly, such is the internet.

And just because you've posted that, someone's going to get all huffy because they no longer have fruit punch or the OBC rules were changed over a year ago. ;)

What, there's no more fruit punch!??

Archived