Interior Design on Solstice Class Ships...

elena7seas

No, haven't seen that many pictures of the Eclipse's interiors. However, it appears the color scheme is not just orange, but greens, reds, browns, oranges, etc. I rather like it, but I'm hesitant to see what the Sky Observation Lounge will look like...

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Where did you locate these pictures of the Eclipse?

I haven't had any firsthand experience with the class like you have, but I understand what you mean about the somewhat disrupted design flow. The most prominent example I can think of is the Ensemble Lounge, which seems like a quick transition from light and modern to dark and ornate.

Blue does indeed look a bit different. It's a lot less...blue:rolleyes:.

I wonder if they will change the name? The green/leaf motif seems to predominate. I like the green. Still don't love the treatment of the bearing wall. (Is that a bulkhead on a ship?) But at least the wood has something in common with the green/leaf theme.

s677_blu_restaurant_pr_dsc2520.jpg

I can say that, from what I've seen, the MDR on Eclipse is the best of the three. The chairs have a slight bit of color added and the carpet is great.

4435.jpg

I'm not sure that the upholstery colour is different.

Here are my pictures from our last Solstice trip. What do you think...same colour chairs in the dining room?

http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/Travel/Eastern-Mediterranean-Cruise/Around-the-Ship/11861339_GyNrk#838885711_RQpt2

I agree, these ships are fun to discuss. Also, I'm extremely thankful that there are finally some ships to discuss for architectural and design reasons, aside from being "the biggest."

Well, it's nice to take a break from dress code threads, anyway :p.

It's great to see interior shots from the Eclipse. Do you have any more?

Thanks again for posting.

That is a horrible photo of the Tuscan Grill and it really looks much different in person.

I have not seen it in person but have to agree....from the many photos I have seen. They were at night and it has a totally different look.

Since they are only open for business then, it makes sense.

It's great to see interior shots from the Eclipse. Do you have any more?

Thanks again for posting.

Hmm, I think the chair upholstery is indeed the same. I suppose the darker carpets threw me off. You have some great pictures, btw!:D

I don't have any others, since these are all press photos from Meyer's site. I'm sure there will be more forthcoming.

Yes, a bulkhead and bearing wall are similar. A bulkhead is basically a wall that runs through multiple decks for strength purposes. On Eclipse, I think the restaurant would look good if all of the circles were just predominantly white and silver. Seems like it would go well with the rest of the room.

Sailor2010,

I don't think these were taken at night. If you look in the background of the Tuscan Grille picture, the windows show daylight. There is also evidence of daylight on the walls and backs of some of the chairs. This is evident in the Blue picture as well, since sunlight can be seen on the chairs.

Andreas Depping has posted the first of his 900 photographs from the Eclipse. Andreas is fabulous and one of my favourite people!

I think the ship looks beautiful so far. The Grand Foyer is especially nice, and I love the Passport Bar. Very nice.

I can't wait to see the details of Blu and the specialty restaurants.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Thanks again, Andreas!

Andreas' photos are fantastic! I think Eclipse may prove to be my favorite S-class ship, she is beautiful! Celebrity has upped the bar with Eclipse. Now I can't wait to see how they will top her with Silhouette.... :)

I agree about Qsine. I feel they dropped the ball with the white walls. Otherwise, I love the room.

As for Silhouette, I think they may go with a more "cool" color scheme, with more whites and silvers. However, if the interior does not pertain to the name, all bets are off. Although I imagine she'll be beautiful.

We loved the design of the Solstice -- it is our favorite ship thus far. Would love to try the other S class ships soon!

If you like the design of Solstice, take a look at Andreas Depping's website for the pictures of the new Eclipse.

He has pictures up for decks 4 and 5 now.

I loved the Solstice, but I think the Eclipse is even more beautiful.

I still stand by my first impressions of the Tuscan Grille on the Eclipse, though. I just find the colours to be strange. On every picture I've seen so far, the carpet is a magenta- burgundy and minty green, while the green used elsewhere in the room is a loden and the lighting fixtures seem to be a orangy-red.

I'm hoping that the colours are different in real life. I do imagine that it looks much better under evening lighting conditions.

Love the rest of the ship, though.

It's such a long wait until July 2011!

840808698_xMpmg-L.jpg

If you like the design of Solstice, take a look at Andreas Depping's website for the pictures of the new Eclipse.

He has pictures up for decks 4 and 5 now.

I loved the Solstice, but I think the Eclipse is even more beautiful.

I still stand by my first impressions of the Tuscan Grille on the Eclipse, though. I just find the colours to be strange. On every picture I've seen so far, the carpet is a magenta- burgundy and minty green, while the green used elsewhere in the room is a loden and the lighting fixtures seem to be a orangy-red.

I'm hoping that the colours are different in real life. I do imagine that it looks much better under evening lighting conditions.

Love the rest of the ship, though.

It's such a long wait until July 2011!

840808698_xMpmg-L.jpg

Great site. Thanks. I've bookmarked it and will keep checking for updates!

The eclectic look of Tuscan Grille has grown on me. I rather like it now.

The point about artwork for Qsine is a good point! That's a possibility that it may have been delayed. Although I recall the walls were originally intended to be peach or something? I suppose nothing that can't be changed later.

My biggest complaint about Eclipse is that they have replaced the vibrant yellow, high-back arm chairs in Cafe Al Bacio with lower, toned down chairs.

Maybe the artwork for Qsine hadn't arrived yet. There's still time to hang something on those bare white walls before the Inaugural. ;)

There seems to be quite a bit of difference between the design for Qsine and the actual room. The first picture is the design for Qsine's interior that was shown when Qsine was announced.

796882942_z3teM-L.jpg

The picture below is Andreas Depping's photo of the actual interior, posted on his website today.

840832795_JndaZ-L.jpg

I think the original design is more successful. There is a nice harmony between the two chair types in the original photo. IMO, the two chairs in the photo of the actual interior are discordant in design...not a happy pairing.

Oops, I have another carpet issue...these industrial-style carpet tiles, used in this manner, have been very popular thoughout the first decade of this millennium. I am SO over them. They remind me of the carpet tiles in a factory office. Yuck.

So much fun to watch the pictures come out though!

One thing to notice, though, is that the table decor for Qsine is very bright and busy, so the subdued backdrop of the restaurant will be a great foil for the lively table settings. Should be a fun experience.

796882889_D4wE3-M.jpg

796882998_DQdGr-M.jpg

796883010_RiXQJ-M.jpg

Aha. Found another picture of the chairs that were on order for Qsine. Perhaps not everything has arrived yet, and there are changes to come. Wouldn't be the first time that happened to a major design project ;).

796882932_PE5NR-M.jpg

The website of the design firm that did the Solstice designs (at least most of the public areas). Their scope/range is amazing! Looking forward to the Eclipse in Dec 2010.

http://www.bgstudio.com/portfolio/view/3/25/

Sara

Thanks for the link.

Interesting that they also did Mein Schiff, which I thought was a pretty good refit of Galaxy. I'll have to go take a look at the parts they did of Oasis.

The eclectic look of Tuscan Grille has grown on me. I rather like it now.

The point about artwork for Qsine is a good point! That's a possibility that it may have been delayed. Although I recall the walls were originally intended to be peach or something? I suppose nothing that can't be changed later.

My biggest complaint about Eclipse is that they have replaced the vibrant yellow, high-back arm chairs in Cafe Al Bacio with lower, toned down chairs.

I don't think the chairs on Solstice are quite as vibrant a yellow as they sometimes look in pictures, but there did seem to be a little green in the yellow. I know the reality was more harmonious than the pictures appeared. It was a great space.

The new chairs are a bit lower, but I think the proportions of the chairs are pleasing. Maybe not quite as edgy.

I am glad to see that they have increased the surface size of the tables.

840999341_hQeRz-M.jpg

840999894_ZXR3T-M.jpg

Hmm, I suppose I just really enjoyed the look of the brighter chairs. Eclipse does appear to be a very toned down ship in some areas. She does have more color in some areas, but I feel like the overall design has a more universal color scheme.

Commenting on Qsine again, I feel like the room looks very temporary. Almost like they didn't want to go through with the original design by sinking money into it and finding out it didn't work well. Instead, Qsine looks like it could be easily redesigned into something new in a quick refit if the concept fails. Anyone agree?

I do love the lights, however.

Archived