Interior Design on Solstice Class Ships...

elena7seas

Aha. Found another picture of the chairs that were on order for Qsine. Perhaps not everything has arrived yet, and there are changes to come. Wouldn't be the first time that happened to a major design project ;).

796882932_PE5NR-M.jpg

Yes! I remembered last night that there were supposed to be 3 different chair styles, yet there are only 2 in the photo so hopefully there are still a few things missing? Like adding something to the walls! I preferred the original depiction of the room from Qsine's announcement. The colors made it appear much "warmer" and more inviting!

Wow, that "faux fireplace" in the Sky lounge is interesting to say the least. Personally I think they could have done better.

I agree. I'm not crazy about the decor of the Sky lounge, and here I go again...I'm not loving the carpet design. I have a dress from the 80's that looks like the purple carpet :p.

• 3 months later...

In my opinion, I like the Sky Lounge on Equinox the best: the same faboulous ceiling as on Solstice, but with somewhat warmer colours for carpeting and furniture.

Eclipse's Sky lounge has missed the ball for my taste as I resent faux-fireplaces and the ceilings are uninspiring and too classic. By far the worst designed lounge of all three sister-ships.

The Grand Epernay dining-room is a fantastic room, but very European in its atmosphere ( Americans like more vibrant colours in general). The designers tried to change this with the Silhouette Dining-room on Equinox with as result a very vibrant red carpet and red chairs (where the red colour did not match the carpet, as found out after delivery!) It is at first sight unsightly, but it really grows on you and is fantastic at night, with the proper lighting and set tables.

The Moonlight-Sonata on Eclipse has a very refined style and is a class act. I however would like to see the carpet in burgundy with the Solstice design and cream coloured seating covers with grey linings on Celebrity Silhouette.

The main show-lounge on Equinox and Eclipse are identical except for the ceiling dome-colours. There, Equinox wins with a more colourful design.

Ocanview-Café on all 3 sister-ships are identical.

When we sailed on the Solstice we thought it was the most beautiful ship we have ever seen in our 25+ cruises on various lines (including all the Celebrity ships built prior). We happened to sail right after Thanksgiving and the decorations they put up were also just beautiful. There were things I liked better, and things I did not like as much as the M class ships, but we thought for sheer beauty the Solstice was head and shoulders above the rest.

When we sailed on the Solstice we thought it was the most beautiful ship we have ever seen in our 25+ cruises on various lines (including all the Celebrity ships built prior). We happened to sail right after Thanksgiving and the decorations they put up were also just beautiful. There were things I liked better, and things I did not like as much as the M class ships, but we thought for sheer beauty the Solstice was head and shoulders above the rest.

I agree with you! Loved the Solstice!

colors on Solstice look much better in person than in photos--esp. in Tuscan.. when you go in there during the day for the "elegant tea" the sunlight really makes everything look beautiful.. also love the chandelier in Michael's on Solstice..& the shimmery draperies throughout the ship... SKY was outstanding!

There are several design companies' work & styles throughout the ship--something for everyone! My least fav area was the buffet--reminded me of a hospital cafeteria -cold & unappealing...very institutional..

next up for us of the new ones will be Equinox so we can compare it to Solstice

Q-sine does not appeal to me as shown in the newer color scheme & I am not crazy about the menu either but of course we'll try it once..glad we signed up for Blu on Silho--

Archived