Transfer flights of of the UK

Esprit

Does any one know what Princess are doing for those passengers flying out of the UK this weekend and who may arrive late (if at all for embarkation)

Hopefully the volcanic ash will have disappeared in time for our flight to Miami in nine weeks.

Seems really odd not to see a single plane in the sky for the last two days. We are near to the London City airport flight path and Biggin Hill. I normally see planes making their final approach to Heathrow from my window too.

Really spooky!

Peter

Generally, it is not Princess that does anything, it is the airlines and your travel insurance.

This will link you to updates and news posted here on CC....Or you can click on NEWS at the top of this CC page....There are 4-5 articles already posted there & I'm sure more will follow as the eruptions in Iceland continue...Very interesting to see how different cruise lines are dealing with this unexpected situation...especially in light of the earlier discussions here on CC RE: Princess' handling of the Mar 2 Star Princess cruise and the earthquake in Chile.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3808

I'm unsure if our cruise mates in the USA realise that here in the UK the flights are included in with the cruise price and not independently booked/paid for. Hence my question as to what was Priincess specifically doing.

Sorry if I've repeated what you already know

Peter

This will link you to updates and news posted here on CC....Or you can click on NEWS at the top of this CC page....There are 4-5 articles already posted there & I'm sure more will follow as the eruptions in Iceland continue...Very interesting to see how different cruise lines are dealing with this unexpected situation...especially in light of the earlier discussions here on CC RE: Princess' handling of the Mar 2 Star Princess cruise and the earthquake in Chile.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3808

Madonna, thanks for the link, good info! I don't leave for London till Aug 7th but this volcano could calm down and erupt again, yikes.

Madonna, thanks for the link, good info! I don't leave for London till Aug 7th but this volcano could calm down and erupt again, yikes.

Hi Houch! Good to hear from you...I cruised S Caribbean in Jan and have Mexican Riviera booked for Jan 2011...But that's a long time off...desperately seeking another cruise before then! ;) Bon Voyage!

Hi Houch! Good to hear from you...I cruised S Caribbean in Jan and have Mexican Riviera booked for Jan 2011...But that's a long time off...desperately seeking another cruise before then! ;) Bon Voyage!

I didn't say anything wondering if you would reply to this. I am still living in awe of the Holy Land cruise. Loved it including that cute small ship, the Royal. We are heading for the Caribbean in Jan 2011. We booked that short one in anticipation of perhaps doing Australia/New Zealand in 2012. Still on our wish list, depends on how much money and vacation I can save up by then.

Does any one know what Princess are doing for those passengers flying out of the UK this weekend and who may arrive late (if at all for embarkation)

Hopefully the volcanic ash will have disappeared in time for our flight to Miami in nine weeks.

Seems really odd not to see a single plane in the sky for the last two days. We are near to the London City airport flight path and Biggin Hill. I normally see planes making their final approach to Heathrow from my window too.

Really spooky!

Peter

Heard on our television today that it could last for six months:eek::eek::eek:

Hi paul929207,

Princess sells packages not cruise plus air, as such the buck stops with Princess, they have to look afrer you, so if stuck at the airport, Princess will have to feed you, find you a hotel, may be get you travel back home if you have travelled to London to get your flight.

Those unlucky folk that thought it better to do there own air and save a few pounds are going to lose big time unless Princess takes pity on them.

yours Shogun

Hi all,

I am due to fly from Heathrow to Miami on Tuesday 20th, for a Princess cruise to the Panama Canal, I am so glad that I booked this complete package all through with the travel agent. As far as I am aware because it is a complete package we will be covered and not of pocket for expenses. I emailed the travel agent yesterday but they are only dealing day by day, so she said she will keep me informed. I realise that if the airspace is still closed we won't be going.

Jackie.

Hi all,

I am due to fly from Heathrow to Miami on Tuesday 20th, for a Princess cruise to the Panama Canal, I am so glad that I booked this complete package all through with the travel agent. As far as I am aware because it is a complete package we will be covered and not of pocket for expenses. I emailed the travel agent yesterday but they are only dealing day by day, so she said she will keep me informed. I realise that if the airspace is still closed we won't be going.

Jackie.

If I were a betting person, I would say that the air space will be open by Tuesday. However, it will take some time after that for things to get back to "normal" bearing in mind that planes and crew will all be out of synch to where the schedules say they should be.

Good luck for Tuesday though! You are correct in that if you have booked a package, you have more cover than if you had booked everything independently. ;)

Hi paul929207,

Princess sells packages not cruise plus air, as such the buck stops with Princess, they have to look afrer you, so if stuck at the airport, Princess will have to feed you, find you a hotel, may be get you travel back home if you have travelled to London to get your flight.

Those unlucky folk that thought it better to do there own air and save a few pounds are going to lose big time unless Princess takes pity on them.

yours Shogun

OK, maybe you hit the nail on the head with that statement. Maybe that is why cruises are more expensive in the UK. The cost of business is more there than here?

We are booked to fly out of Manchester tomorrow 17th, got a call from the TA saying Princess was still on to fly at 0900, the NATS (air traffic control) web site said no info before 0100 Saturday morning then changed to 0700.

Got a call from Princess at 5pm Friday saying flight cancelled will contact us on Monday with update.

Gutted as told so late I know people who were travelling on Friday to Manchester staying in hotels, we are local so no issues.

Not Princess fault but such a let down when been looking forward to holiday

We are booked to fly out of Manchester tomorrow 17th, got a call from the TA saying Princess was still on to fly at 0900, the NATS (air traffic control) web site said no info before 0100 Saturday morning then changed to 0700.

Got a call from Princess at 5pm Friday saying flight cancelled will contact us on Monday with update.

Gutted as told so late I know people who were travelling on Friday to Manchester staying in hotels, we are local so no issues.

Not Princess fault but such a let down when been looking forward to holiday

I'm so sorry you are going to miss your cruise. It must be so disappointing when no doubt you have looked forward to it for some time :(

We are due to fly out on Sunday for Ruby Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona cruise we are also due to get married at sea on the 25th, waiting the inevitable call from Princess that our flights are cancelled.

Spoken to Princess today and whilst they are still saying the flights are not officially cancelled yet there was no optimism that they will depart, hopefully we will be able to join the cruise later and get our wedding postponed a few days. They are worthy of credit for answering the phone and doing their best to help unlike our TA (T.Cook) and airline (BA).

Not Princess's fault they are trying to make the best out of a bad job, we feel devastated and although we should be packing right now just in case a miracle happens we have no enthusiasm left to do so:(

To make matters worse we read the small print in our travel insurance which contains a get out clause should aircraft be grounded by the relevant authorities

We are due to fly out on Sunday for Ruby Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona cruise we are also due to get married at sea on the 25th, waiting the inevitable call from Princess that our flights are cancelled.

Spoken to Princess today and whilst they are still saying the flights are not officially cancelled yet there was no optimism that they will depart, hopefully we will be able to join the cruise later and get our wedding postponed a few days. They are worthy of credit for answering the phone and doing their best to help unlike our TA (T.Cook) and airline (BA).

Not Princess's fault they are trying to make the best out of a bad job, we feel devastated and although we should be packing right now just in case a miracle happens we have no enthusiasm left to do so:(

To make matters worse we read the small print in our travel insurance which contains a get out clause should aircraft be grounded by the relevant authorities

David and Heather.......so sorry, but hope you are still hanging in there. We were all looking forward to meeting you and "crashing' the wedding. Jonathan is in the same boat (figuratively speaking of course). Our Roll Call wishes you the best.

Positive thoughts going your way. We certainly hope to meet you next Tuesday at our roll call's Meet and Greet. We'll be thinking of you and hoping the planes will begin to fly soon.:)

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Maybe next post you could engge brain before applying fingers to the keyboard and have a bit of consideration for those affected by the aircraft being grounded in Europe - your post does not help and does nothing other than increase your pointless post count:mad:

We are actually glad that we paid a bit more and have the protection of UK consumer laws which oblige Princess and our TA to at least make the best of a bad job for us.

latest news is all airports closed until 7.00 pm at the earliest. It appears the volcano is getting worse and the closure will no doubt be extended again soon. The situation is becoming very serious with most of Europe and Scandanavia also closed down.

We are due to fly Heathrow to LAX on Friday for a cruise on Sapphire on Saturday. Watching very closely as even if flights start again soon there will be such a backlog and planes and crew in the wrong place, they are forecasting problems for many days to come.

David & Heather,

So sorry about your cruise, while I expect Princess will give you another cruise it will not be the same, all the planning the looking forward to the big day.

I have just talked friends into taking there first cruise for there honeymoon later this year.

Latest news says this could last for days, not good.

yours Shogun

Archived