How do I know if there was a price drop

Meredisney

I've seen a few threads about people getting credits or being upgraded because of a price drop.

I booked an early saver rate for my inside cabin on the DREAM in July (It's really an obstructed view foward). Where do I look to see if there was a price drop or if I could get an upgraded room?

Thanks for the help. I am on the carnival website now, but I don't know where to look.

I've seen a few threads about people getting credits or being upgraded because of a price drop.

I booked an early saver rate for my inside cabin on the DREAM in July (It's really an obstructed view foward). Where do I look to see if there was a price drop or if I could get an upgraded room?

Thanks for the help. I am on the carnival website now, but I don't know where to look.

While you're on the Carnival website, go through the motions like you're booking again for your ship, date, category room, etc. If the price for your category is lower than what you have now, and you booked early saver, you've got a price drop!

Try searching for a cruise on your ship, on your date. When you find it click on the category of stateroom you are in. If it is cheaper you should be able to get an OBC if your cruise is already paid for or money off your cruise if it is not yet. Make sure you indicate if you are past guest, what state you are from and note if you are military or senior. If any of those apply to you, you would be elidgible for the discount. Also if they are offering upgrades to a higher category at the same or lower price than you originally paid you should be able to get an upgrade.

You need to know what category you are in first of all ... not just "im in obstructed" ... for instance it might be a 4J....you need to check YOUR exact cabin and pretend to book the same category. If its sold out ... then you are out of luck, unless you upgrade to a not sold out category.

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates.

You can monitor Military Rates on any of the several on-line sites that display Military Rates; you cannot determine these rates on carnival.com, only by calling Carnival. You can view the current Military Rate s offered by Carnival at http://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Special%20Programs/T1PM1.pdf .

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

· Use the blue QUICK SEARCH Box on Carnival.com Home Page to fill-in your cruise information (Month/year, Embarkation Port, Destination, Cruise Length). Select the "Special Rates" link and select your State of Residence from the drop-down list, and the promo rates (Past Guest, 55+) that you're eligible for,. Click on the SEARCH link.

· The next display will be the SEARCH RESULTS display for ALL THE CRUISES that fit your search criteria. There will be a line for each Cruise; across that line, the fare being offered for the lowest available Cabin classification within each Category (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) is displayed. If you click on the Category title, the Cabin classifications that are included in that Category are displayed (e.g., for INTERIOR the display might show Cabin classifications 1A, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G and 4H. PT Porthole. 4J Picture Window (obstructed views as being included in INTERIOR The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category. Find your specific Cruise/Date line and click on the DETAILS link.

· This CRUISE SUMMARY page displays Cabin Selection info, Itinerary Info and Ship Info for the specific Cruise you selected. To proceed with Cabin Selection you have to Click the “SELECT” button under the Cabin Category (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) thatyou’re interested in. The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category.

· The next display will be the RATES PAGE for the Cabin Category (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) that you just selected. There will be a line for the standard FunSelect, FunSaver (and EarlySaver if still being offered) Rates. Then, the 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the or Resident Rate (for the State you selected earlier) is displayed, ONLY IF they are currently being offered. If you did a Cruise Search and entered your state, 55+ and Past Guest, there will be a Resident Rate line, a 55+ Rate Line and a Past Guest Rate displayed here ONLY if that rate is currently being offered for your specific cruise (and for the Resident Rate, for the State you entered). The Fare displayed alongside each of the the FunSelect, FunSaver, 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the Resident Rate line NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Booking Rate; it’s the Fare for the lowest available Cabin classification in that Rate for the Category you selected. Select the Rate you’re interested-in, Select the number of Guests, and Click on the “CONTINUE” link.

• The next display will be the STATEROOM PAGE for the CATEGORY and RATE that you previously selected. Click on CATEGORY at the top of the display (or on the blue EDIT in the middle of the display).

• FINALLY, The next display will be the Listing of all the STATEROOM CATEGORIES and their FARES for the Booking Rate that you selected (FunSelect, FunSaver, EarlySaver, 55+, PastGuest, Residency). The Booking Info, Fare Code, Govt Fees and taxes for the booking will be displayed in the right-border. This is where you see the actual rates for each cabin classification within a CATEGORY.

If your Category is listed as N/A, then you are out of luck for a Price Adjustment, unless more Cabins become available. However, if a Category above yours drops below your current ES Rate, you can upgrade to that Category and generally get OBC for the fare difference.

ken

Archived