Captain's Circle Membership

CruiseAdict218

I'm just wondering how old do u have to be to get these benefits, i'm going on my first Princess Cruise in August, and i know first times don't get Gold Status until the next one right??:confused:, I'm 15 now but by the next one we r planning to go to the Caribbean, i'll be 16 will they give me the Princess Passport, w/the stamps????:confused:

Your past cruises on Princess will continue to add up until you reach the age of 18, then you will begin to receive the benefits of the status you have reached by then. You will receive a blue cruise card (such as a first time Princess cruiser would) with each cruise until you are 18. Enjoy!

Your past cruises on Princess will continue to add up until you reach the age of 18, then you will begin to receive the benefits of the status you have reached by then. You will receive a blue cruise card (such as a first time Princess cruiser would) with each cruise until you are 18. Enjoy!

Okay

If you are trying to collect the passport stamps for the future. I would suggest going down and talking to the Captain's Circle host/hostess. I would guess, if you ask nice, they would probably supply you with one if you explain that you would like one from each cruise you have sailed on, even though you are under 18. It never hurts to ask nicely, sometimes you would be surprised with the response. Good Luck, and enjoy your first princess cruise.

(1/2 second too slow in typing, I see both responses posted at the same time) :)

If you are trying to collect the passport stamps for the future. I would suggest going down and talking to the Captain's Circle host/hostess. I would guess, if you ask nice, they would probably supply you with one if you explain that you would like one from each cruise you have sailed on, even though you are under 18. It never hurts to ask nicely, sometimes you would be surprised with the response. Good Luck, and enjoy your first princess cruise.

(1/2 second too slow in typing, I see both responses posted at the same time) :)

and i'd never ask them rudely

Passport Stamps?

If I go to the Capt. Circle Desk with my travel Passport will they stamp each country we visit?

It's a bit different. Passport stamps are little stamps (like a postage stamp) you are given that indicate the ship and sailing you are on. After you receive status in the Captain's Circle, you are given a little blue 'passport book' (not to be confused with an actual passport) and you can affix the stamps from your cruises there. More of a keep sake momento. But your actual passport is not stamped.

Passport Stamps?

If I go to the Capt. Circle Desk with my travel Passport will they stamp each country we visit?

Funny that you mention that. We have not received a passport or an atlas in years. And the CC quarterly is hit and miss too. :rolleyes:

Passport Stamps?

Not sure if it is Princess, or the Grand's policy, but when I asked the purser's office for this last month, the answer was a resounding NO, we cannot do that.

Every other line and ship I have sailed has cheerfully taken my passport and had the immigration officer who comes on board at each stop stamp it for me. I had not been on Princess for a few years prior to this sailing, so iI really cannot remember.

Unrelated to the Capt Circle desk - this is my real passport.

After you receive status in the Captain's Circle, you are given a little blue 'passport book' (not to be confused with an actual passport) and you can affix the stamps from your cruises there. More of a keep sake momento. But your actual passport is not stamped.

You can ask for this "passbook" when you ask for the stamp at the Captain's Circle desk on the cruise.

Not sure if it is Princess, or the Grand's policy, but when I asked the purser's office for this last month, the answer was a resounding NO, we cannot do that.

Every other line and ship I have sailed has cheerfully taken my passport and had the immigration officer who comes on board at each stop stamp it for me. I had not been on Princess for a few years prior to this sailing, so iI really cannot remember.

I would guess that this must be Princess policy (not just the Grand's), as I have never heard of this before on Princess.

For us, that would just mean filling up the pages of our passport so we would need to send it in to have more pages added sooner. So, something like having a stamp from each country would not be something that we would even consider. ;)

Every other line and ship I have sailed has cheerfully taken my passport and had the immigration officer who comes on board at each stop stamp it for me.

This depends on the countries you are visiting. Some itineraries require the ship to collect the passport because the authorities inspect them and sometimes stamp them. Some itineraries do not have any countries which require this.

South American itineraries and Asian itineraries are the most likely ones to require this. The Caribbean, Alaskan, and Canadian itineraries are most likely not requiring this.

((When our ship almost made it to a port in South Korea earlier this year -- fog kept us away at the last moment about a mile from the dock-- the authorities had already stamped our passports for having entered and having departed the country. So, without having actually been in the country (except for being in territorial waters), our passports are proof we have been there.))

Archived