Land Excursions in Bermuda

going on Explorer of the Seas in June for a 9 niter. Will spend almost 2 days in Burmuda. We are in our seventies and no longer interested in spending time on the beach. Found what I thought to be a very nice bus excursion around the whole Island (BKD7) for $ 67 and takes about 5 hrs. Plus no walking unless you want to shop in St. George or Hamilton. Sounds perfect except DW 's friend took tour last year and said never again. If any of you have taken this tour, please let me know or recommend another tour that also does not require excessive walking.

My dh and I did the restless catamaran. It picks you up right by the pier, so very very little walking is involed.. You can snorkel if you wish (dh did but I did not) It was very relaxing. They serve you a rum punch, ice tea and I think Lemonade. Plus they bake fresh cookies for you. We enjoyed it. We also did the Bermuda triangle Boat at night. This was also fun

This year we are doing the underwater helmet dive. This is were you put on a helmet which weighs you down and allows you to breath underwater. You go down a ladder and walk the ocean floor. Suppose to be a lot of fun, but we will see :eek:

going on Explorer of the Seas in June for a 9 niter. Will spend almost 2 days in Burmuda. We are in our seventies and no longer interested in spending time on the beach. Found what I thought to be a very nice bus excursion around the whole Island (BKD7) for $ 67 and takes about 5 hrs. Plus no walking unless you want to shop in St. George or Hamilton. Sounds perfect except DW 's friend took tour last year and said never again. If any of you have taken this tour, please let me know or recommend another tour that also does not require excessive walking.

When are you leaving in June? We will be in Bermuda May 31st and June 1st and considering taking that excursion. Looks perfect for us. Will let you know how it goes when we come back.

I guess that I would be tempted to ask DW's friend the reason for the "never again" comment. If the tour description sounds perfect to you, I would want to know what it was that the friend found so objectionable. Perhaps the reason might be something that you wouldn't find to be a problem.:)

I guess that I would be tempted to ask DW's friend the reason for the "never again" comment. If the tour description sounds perfect to you, I would want to know what it was that the friend found so objectionable. Perhaps the reason might be something that you wouldn't find to be a problem.:)

I agree!

We took an island sightseeing tour thru the ship. We had a taxi to ourselves (6 of us). The driver was very informative. There is a lot to do at their pier. It is the old navy yard. There are many shops. There is even a glassblower and Burmuda Rum cake store.

You could also get a two day ferry pass and go into Hamilton. Lots of shops and places to eat. Bermuda is a beautiful island.

Why not consider taking your own personalized tour? You can tailor-make the tour to what you want to see and do. Just look for the blue-flagged taxis outside. There is a 3 hour minimum and the cost is about $40 an hour or so (maybe a little more) but the excursion you mentioned costs $67 per person so the costs are similar.

My dh and I did the restless catamaran. It picks you up right by the pier, so very very little walking is involed.. You can snorkel if you wish (dh did but I did not) It was very relaxing. They serve you a rum punch, ice tea and I think Lemonade. Plus they bake fresh cookies for you. We enjoyed it. We also did the Bermuda triangle Boat at night. This was also fun

This year we are doing the underwater helmet dive. This is were you put on a helmet which weighs you down and allows you to breath underwater. You go down a ladder and walk the ocean floor. Suppose to be a lot of fun, but we will see :eek:

Did you husband say if the snorkeling was good? We are doing this in July.

What date in June? If you are on the 9 night Bermuda/Bahamas cruise starting June 10th, come on join our roll call. We are planning lots of fun activities.

Sorry, I thought the 9 night Explorer always has the same itinerary. I guess not. We're on the 9 night May 27th and have 1 day in Bermuda and the rest of the Itinerary is different also. We also go to St Thomas, St Maarten & San Juan and I thought that's where it always goes.

Have a great time.

Remember, you don't have to stay off the ship the whole time it's in port! Port days are a great way to make use of that ship you've PAID for...when most of the crowds are gone!

Nor do you need to stay on the ship the whole time either. :rolleyes: You will have about two days traveling in each direction which should be plenty of time to enjoy its many features. You have also "PAID for" a trip to Bermuda and it would be a shame to spend so much time onboard the ship that you could put to better use by being off exploring all that make Bermuda such a special place.

we are signed up for this--did your friends say why "never again"?

We were in Bermuda last year and opted to buy a bus ticket to see the area that way - would not do again- for being somewhere for such a short time I would take an organized tour like you are talking about.

Archived