Which Zipline is better

Booked on RC Mexian Riviera cruise 6-27-10. My family (including 4 older teen boys) want to take one of the canopy zipline excursions. Which is better PV or Mazatlan? Has anyone done both from RC? Pros and Cons.

Thanks

From my understanding Mazatlan is more over the desert areas while PV is through the rain forest. We did Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta last summer with a 14 & 19 year old. Both absolutely loved it. This however needs to be booked privately. They are well aware of the cruise line port times so would not be concerned at all about getting back on time as long as you take an early enough tour (we did 10:45 am and had plenty of time afterwards to check out Puerto Vallarta).

Check out Rio Cuale in PV (google it). It is the highest fastest and longest in North America. You can save a lot of $$ by booking on line. It is about 1/2 of what the ship charges. Have done this tour 3 times and it is fantastic.

2 votes PV, 0 Mazitlan....

Do either/both pick up you up from the ship, the PV toure web site (http://www.puertovallartatours.net/canopy-tours.htm) show pickups only at other locations?

They show that the tours last 3.5 to 4 hours? How much if that is travel and how much time is actually zipping? I've been on other 4 hour tours that had 3 hours of travel :mad:.

Thanks

With Los Veranos we took a 15 minute taxi ride to their office, then about a 45 minute bus ride to the actual zip location. They have a restaurant, swimming area, and little petting monkey area that you can stay at for however long you wish, then catch one of the busses back. Depending on the driver you can make it back to the office, the malecon (which we did) or some will take you back to the ship.

There are no companies that book independent that pick up at the ship that I am aware of.

I did not do the zipline in PV, but I did another excursion that went to the same property. It is where they filmed portions of the movie Predator. It looked like an excellent zipline. It crosses a river several times. Although I didn't do it, I would recommend it. The scenary is gorgeous there.

We did Los Veronos last November and absolutely loved it! We took a taxi to their office, and from there we were transported up to the canopy site. The guides were fantastic and made the whole experience even better. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

I did not do the zipline in PV, but I did another excursion that went to the same property. It is where they filmed portions of the movie Predator. It looked like an excellent zipline. It crosses a river several times. Although I didn't do it, I would recommend it. The scenary is gorgeous there.

The zipline Paul is referring to here is called El Eden. We zipped at it last month. It was really fun. Haven't done Los Veranos but El Eden sounds very comparable. We didn't book in advance; got off the ship and they were there handing out info. We did it last minute and I would advise you to haggle for the best price. Do not settle for what they offer as it is inflated by about $30 per person! When you settle on price, they will bring you to the office to pay and from there you will be shuttled via open air bus to site. It is a gorgeous ride. Most of the companies do the same.

Lots of info on this subject on the Mexican port board as well. Good luck!

Forgot to add: In addition to zipping at El Eden, you can also swim in the waterfall they have there as well as eat in the restaurant.

Booked on RC Mexian Riviera cruise 6-27-10. My family (including 4 older teen boys) want to take one of the canopy zipline excursions. Which is better PV or Mazatlan? Has anyone done both from RC? Pros and Cons.

Thanks

I did PV in November. I love the "rain forest" scenery. We also had a great group of guides who were really helpful.

There was a Dad & daughter in our tour, who had done Los Verranos last time they were there. He liked both zips; each were different in their own way.

Only drawback....the ride out to the rain forest, was about an hour.

Archived