SOLD OUT? 9/7/11 on Connie -- bizarre?

May B

Ten days ago when the Sept. 7, 2011 Connie sailing from Amsterdam to Athens opened, I booked an aft cabin. I've been watching to see what the Connie will be doing on Sept. 17th from Athens.

No only has the 9/17/11 sailing not been posted, but all of a sudden the 9/7/11 sailing is SOLD OUT.

Anybody know anything about this?

Ten days ago when the Sept. 7, 2011 Connie sailing from Amsterdam to Athens opened, I booked an aft cabin. I've been watching to see what the Connie will be doing on Sept. 17th from Athens.

No only has the 9/17/11 sailing not been posted, but all of a sudden the 9/7/11 sailing is SOLD OUT.

Anybody know anything about this?

Maybe it has been reserved for a nude cruise -- call your TA if you want to book a cabin. :D

Maybe it has been reserved for a nude cruise -- call your TA if you want to book a cabin. :D

Def check with X or your TA. Could be a charter. Wine-O may be right, another thread mentioned that there were maybe 3 charter cruises from the "clothing optional" (the PC term;)) tour company.

If you book 9/7 and 9/17 that could give a whole new meaning to b2b cruising :eek:

Sara

And the thing is, I want to buy my trip cancellation insurance -- but not if Mr. B. vetoes this cruise b/c he doesn't want to travel with either of those groups. May B. those groups won't even want us!

Does that mean Celebrity will cancel us, involuntarily?

I called once and the agent knew nothing (literally knew nothing) so I guess I'll be calling again ... and again ... and again.

Heck, it could be worse, but I sure will miss this cruise if we end up being booted off of it!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

--May

Thanks, May, for posting.

Is it possible that they are re-doing the itinerary? None of the cruises after Sept. 7, 2011 had been posted on the X website for the Constellation. Could it be possible that the Sept. 7th cruise isn't sold out and they are getting ready to finalize the itinerary and post the remaining September and October Europe itineraries plus the TA?

Since the Mercury 2011 Europe itineraries also have not been posted, maybe they are finalizing those as well.

Come on, Celebrity, please help those of us waiting for the 2011 Europe Constellation & Mercury cruises and post them on your website for us!

Kathy

And the thing is, I want to buy my trip cancellation insurance -- but not if Mr. B. vetoes this cruise b/c he doesn't want to travel with either of those groups. May B. those groups won't even want us!

Does that mean Celebrity will cancel us, involuntarily?

I called once and the agent knew nothing (literally knew nothing) so I guess I'll be calling again ... and again ... and again.

Heck, it could be worse, but I sure will miss this cruise if we end up being booted off of it!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

--May

We were cancelled when the Atlantis group booked the Solstice the year it came out. They did make some small offer to us but we could not change dates as my husband teaches at the University. We were lucky that the ship was completed earlier than expected and we ended up on the inaugural.

Karen

Something similar happened to us regarding our Constellation cruise a few years ago. We booked the transatlantic on her and then the cruise just said "sold out" across the board. We had even purchased our air separately. No one knew or said they did not know, what was going on for about 2 weeks. Then the transatlantic reappeared at a different date. They had to get the ship over earlier due to the installation of something to do with the engine. The new prices were cheaper than what had been posted and we were able to upgrade for less than the balcony cabin we had reserved. They also paid the change fee for our plane tickets.:)

That DID work out nicely, didn't it?

I have never booked anything this far in advance. We couldn't even buy the air yet if we wanted to!

I'm guessing that pretty soon we'll know what's up with it. Funny that they were so late coming out with the schedules and evidently still aren't quite ready.

That ewwwwwwwwwwww about following a nude cruise has been discussed quite a bit lately, coffee queen J -- as there was one not long ago, coincidentally also on the Connie!

Oh, well. Thanks for keeping me company, here, folks. I wonder if I'm the only one booked so far! that would be pretty funny, on a sold out cruise, wouldn't it? Evidently I'm the only cruisecritic.com member!

--May

May,

Let's hope they are changing the cruise to a 14-night cruise and you get to keep your original 10-night price! Then we are going to wish that we already booked, which we thought about doing this past weekend, since we are getting tired of waiting for the Constellation & Mercury 2011 Europe cruises to be finalized.

Kathy

My jaw would drop so far, you'd hear it in Delaware.

Actually, the price we're paying for this might be more than our 14-day Baltic in '08! But then we were "just" in a C3 or whatever the "cheapest" CC category was then. I actually expect this price to drop, some time or other, but in the big scheme of things, I can't worry about it right now. Or perhaps I should say, THANK GOODNESS I do not need to worry about that, now.

You will NOT ever find me booking a penthouse suite, however!

:)

Wow! I thought people were joking! Double ewwwwwww!

I book things way in advance too-is it bad to have three years worth of vacations planned...when I don't have my own vacations to plan...I try to plan my friends...I know I should have been a TA...wonder if it is still too late?

I'm sure things will work out-here's hoping some extra perks come out of this for you...hang in there..we planners need to stick together!

CoffeequeenJ;)

May B. I wouldn't hold my breath for a price drop on a C1 aft cabin. They sell out very quickly. Once that happens the price is the price regardless of what happens in any other category of CC.

We booked one of the 3 remaining aft cabins on the Connie TA just a couple of hours after it was released. When we checked a couple of hours later the price had increased $200.

That's why they split the CC category into 3 separate categories. They can get the premium price for the "special" cabins then don't have to reduce the price when the large inventory of C2 or C3 cabins aren't selling.

May and others,

My dh called Captain's Club this morning. The Captain's Club person said that there is no charter on this cruise and that it has a hold on it for "inventory."

Does anyone know what a hold for "inventory" is? Any thoughts?

We are suspecting that because the Constellation is being Solsticized and the cabin numbers could change, that they are putting the hold on for that reason. My husband brought that up with the Captain's Club person and she said that it could be but she didn't know.

The Penthouse Suites are available so maybe their cabin #s will stay the same after Soltisticization. If the cabin #s will change though, then why isn't Celebrity putting the other Constellation Europe (Baltic) cruises on hold? Maybe it is "sold out" / on hold because of Solisticization. Or maybe it is on hold because of itinerary finalization (possible sale of Mercury may be delaying finalization of both itineraries). Itinerary inventory versus cabin inventory?

We should have booked a cabin! Hopefully they won't raise the prices. We came close to booking, but hesitated because the Constellation & Mercury 2011 Europe itineraries were not all available. This one was at the top of the list so far because there are four ports to which we have not been (have done most X Europe ports/itineraries already). But we aren't willing to book the Penthouse Suite!

Kathy

It's Code Yellow, which Host Andy told me is no big deal and in fact is probably just as Kathy says, to finalize (change, lol) the itinerary.

I do not have time to call to ask customer service, but if Kathy's DH couldn't find out, I probably won't be able to, either!

I'll be sad if Athens gets eliminated. I hadn't thought of it (the 2010 cruise isn't doing it) but now that it's in there, I'm totally psyched!

Besides, Greece needs us.

--May

Okay, so here's my question..if it's an all nude cruise...if you are on the next sailing after that...how do you know if the ship was cleaned throughly?:p Ewwwww! Sorry...I couldn't resist.

CoffeequeenJ

Why?? Are nudist dirtyer than other cruisers? I wouldn't think so. :rolleyes:

Why?? Are nudist dirtyer than other cruisers? I wouldn't think so. :rolleyes:

Dirtier isn't the issue, it's more along the lines of trying on a bathing suit in the store. Imagine where they are sitting. I agree, eeewwww!

Liz

Dirtier isn't the issue, it's more along the lines of trying on a bathing suit in the store. Imagine where they are sitting. I agree, eeewwww!

Liz

Liz,

First of all, ALL nudists know that no matter where you park your keaster, there better be a towel under it. One reason is for sanitation and the other is prevents sticking to things. :D

Jusl like you are suppose to wear underware when trying on swim suits, the nudist knows that towels are needed where ever they go. I would beleive the latter happens more than the underware one. But that's just me.

Anyway, non-nudists just don't see 'it' the same. :o

• 1 month later...

If Host Andy reads this, can you tell me how code red differs from code yellow? You told me I didn't have to worry about code yellow. Now they're calling it code red. When questioned further, the agent agreed with my assessment: unavailable to sell, don't know why!

Now that Mercury has been decided, I'm expecting the Connie's two blank months can be filled in.

I can barely believe I'm spending my time on this. We'll know when we know, and it's still 15+ months away! Get a grip, girl. Surely there are more productive things you could be doing!!!

Cheers, all.

--May

Archived