Hotels near Port Canveral

AF-1

Hi looking for info on hotels at Port Canveral. Suggestions for which hotel you have used, did hotel provide free shuttle to port, and did they have breakfast area? Thanks

We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port a few years. You could leave your car at the hotel (for free) while on the cruise, and they offered a free shuttle to and from the port. Not sure if they still do that, but it worked out great for us at the time! The hotel is not right on the ocean, but they have a very nice pool area!

We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port a few years. You could leave your car at the hotel (for free) while on the cruise, and they offered a free shuttle to and from the port. Not sure if they still do that, but it worked out great for us at the time! The hotel is not right on the ocean, but they have a very nice pool area!

Radisson still operates it's own shuttles, but I don't recall their breakfast being included in the room rate. But a restaurant is on the grounds. Country Inn & Suites next door uses a shuttle service exclusive ot them, it is a nominal charge ($5pp?) and you can pay it when you check in and sign up. CI&S has an extensive free breakfast buffet. If you compare the cruise package with a regular room rate for both hotels, the cruise package is slightly higher, thus not really "free" parking. But it is significantly cheaper than parking at the port terminal for a week. Check both hotels for rates and availability and pick which works best for you. It's really a coin toss especially for a 1 night stay.

thanks I will be flying into either melbourne or orlando; if i fly into melbourne will see about getting hotel shuttle to pick us up. if i fly into orlando, will have to set up transportation to and from the port

We're sailing out of Port Canaveral on May 9. We ended up booking a car through Budget to get from the Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. My DH and I get discounts through our jobs so Budget ended up being the cheapest. I think we're paying around $50 but we do have to pay for tolls and gas so it might be more than a shuttle (just slightly) but we want to have a car so we can do things while we're in Orlando/Cocoa Beach for the day/night. We're taking a shuttle back to the airport when we return from the cruise. It seems much easier than having to get off the ship, catch a shuttle to the car place, wait in line (for a long time I've heard) at the car place, then get the car, drive to the airport car return place in Orlando, then take a shuttle from the car place to the airport. Too much work for me. Our flight leaves early the day the ship docks so I don't have time for all that anyway.

I've researched this extensively (because I'm a CHEAPSKATE) and found the cheapest shuttle for just two people is through a company called Beachline Transportation.

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net/

I called the DoubleTree in Cocoa Beach to get some information about their shuttles and she said they use this company and gave me the number. It is around $28/person one way. That is the cheapest I've found for twp people. If there are more than two of you going there might be cheaper options. The guy at Beachline said they have two pick-up times at the port the morning we dock - 7:30 am and 9:30 am. I'm hoping we'll be able to get off the ship in time to catch the 7:30 shuttle because our flight leaves Orlando around noon. It will be cutting it close to leave at 9:30 am.

We have yet to book a hotel. EEK! We are undecided. I researched hotels a lot too and still don't know where to stay. I'm leaning toward the Country Inn and Suites or the Marriott Residence Inn. Again, we get discounts through work for these places otherwise I would be staying elsewhere because they're more expensive than other places I've been looking at without the discount. I don't want to spend a fortune on a hotel for just one night. They both have free breakfasts. The Days Inn at Cocoa Beach also has a free breakfast and I believe the Quality Inn and Hampton Inn do as well.

The DoubleTree and Country Inn charge $4 for transportation to the port. I believe the Hampton Inn charges $6. Quality Suites has a free shuttle to the port. The Sheraton has a free shuttle to the port. The Sheraton is right next to Ron Jons and there is a surf shop in the Sheraton too. They have a restaurant but no free breakfast. If you do a google search for the hotels and use the satellite feature to zoom in you can see all of the restaurants surrounding the hotels. You can always grab breakfast at McDonalds or something near your hotel.

The Courtyard by Marriot has this deal:

One night hotel stay for two. Transportation for two from the Orlando or Melbourne airport to the hotel. Transfers for two to the Port and back to the Airport for around $255.

The Comfort Inn & Suites and the Hampton Inn also have cruise package deals.

My hubby called me a second ago because he just booked our transportation back to the

airport. Beachline Transportation charged $62 for both of us. That's more than they quoted us on the phone but he said it was because it was one way. I guess it's cheaper for a round-trip shuttle. Beachline told us to get off the ship by 7:30 we needed to bring our own bags because the porters don't work before 8 am. He told us the 9:30 shuttle would get us to the airport in time for our noon flight but we worry about there being a traffic jam or something that would cause an issue and I really don't want to miss our flight. Better safe than sorry.

This is a really long post. Good luck!

Archived