Concierge class sparkeling wine?

39august

You'll get a nice glass of bubbly, or wine, or OJ with bubblly as you come on board. And since you have a Concierge Class room, you'll have a bottle of bubbly in your room usually waiting for you. You can drink it, exchange it, or if you don't want it at all, if I'm cruising with you, you can give it to me!!

Edit: oh darn, that blasted hajekfam beat me!

Denny

Denny01,

hajekfam didn't beat ya ..just wrote, posted then pressed the submit button better than ya.. :D

You'll get a nice glass of bubbly, or wine, or OJ with bubblly as you come on board. And since you have a Concierge Class room, you'll have a bottle of bubbly in your room usually waiting for you. You can drink it, exchange it, or if you don't want it at all, if I'm cruising with you, you can give it to me!!

Edit: oh darn, that blasted hajekfam beat me!

Denny

39august,

As shown here in this thread ..a few options are at your availability.

I do suggest you make a list of what is available as well your choices on each.

Some do not even know your able to ask for certain things which had been standard before..but still available now.

EG: A pitcher of ice water. Fresh Squeezed OJ at no additional cost. etc...etc...

CC does have nice benefits for the ones which pay and/or obtain it.

One of the perks listed is sparkeling wine. Is this a bottle or one glass? I thought everyone got one glass of "chanpagne" or OJ upon boarding.

Just a quick question.... I noticed you said about the bubbly that you can drink it or exchange it or give it away .... what can you exchange it for? The reason I ask is that I will be sailing on the Summit in June and I am not fond of champagne. Thank you

Just a quick question.... I noticed you said about the bubbly that you can drink it or exchange it or give it away .... what can you exchange it for? The reason I ask is that I will be sailing on the Summit in June and I am not fond of champagne. Thank you

You can exchange it for a bottle of another type wine - red/white, and I believe you can ask to be given 'credit' to apply to a bottle at dinner. If you want a 'nicer' wine, you pay the difference. Don't know what they rate the free one at - I pretty much drink anything you put in front of me so when my wife tried to exchange it, they seemed reluctant to take an empty bottle. Who knew?

Denny

Yes, as we did it now too for that reason.

In most things I want to know what the best cost basis is and what are you getting .. comparisons are vital to know a better valuation.

I do think the cruise line like any recreation industry part wants the best cabin fill rate possible so they do have to adjust the cost to consumers as then the rate increases :cool:well/better.

Thanks for the info. I would not pay more for a CC cabin for the perks. But today I found a C3 for less than my 1B currently booked.

You can exchange it for a bottle of another type wine - red/white, and I believe you can ask to be given 'credit' to apply to a bottle at dinner. If you want a 'nicer' wine, you pay the difference.

Denny

Since we don't drink, we just told our steward to take it away when we boarded. he gave us a confused look like he had no idea what we meant. Could we exchange it for something else (non-alcoholic), or just a straight credit?

You can exchange it for a bottle of another type wine - red/white, and I believe you can ask to be given 'credit' to apply to a bottle at dinner. If you want a 'nicer' wine, you pay the difference. Don't know what they rate the free one at - I pretty much drink anything you put in front of me so when my wife tried to exchange it, they seemed reluctant to take an empty bottle. Who knew?

Denny

Who do we go to to exchange for a nicer bottle?

I believe this is an urban myth. We tried to exchange it, and I have seen other posts where people tried to exchange, no dice. We ended up all bringing our bottles to our table on our last night and enjoyed toasting all our new friends.

Cathy

I believe this is an urban myth. We tried to exchange it, and I have seen other posts where people tried to exchange, no dice. We ended up all bringing our bottles to our table on our last night and enjoyed toasting all our new friends.

Cathy

On our first ever "X" cruise this past January we exchanged ours.... no myth at least on the Millenium.

With whom did you exchange it? Did your room steward do it for you? If I ever cruise Celebrity again, I would like to be able to take advantage of this.

I have heard mixed messages--sometimes yes, sometimes no. It may be a matter of who you ask.

Cathy

With whom did you exchange it? Did your room steward do it for you? If I ever cruise Celebrity again, I would like to be able to take advantage of this.

I have heard mixed messages--sometimes yes, sometimes no. It may be a matter of who you ask.

Cathy

Yes, who?

On Solstice we brought out bottle of bubbly to the dining room near the end of the cruise. Our Sommelier offered me $28 credit if I wanted to switch to wine. I paid the difference and got a nice bottle of Cabernet.

hmm i am going on the Infinity near end of next month..still lots to plan like my pre-cruise itinerary and I was also going to ask this question about the sparkling wine on CC.

my parents don't take alcohol due to medical conditions and I don't really like it either, I will drink..IF NO CHOICE like business dinners and even if I want it, I doubt I can finish a bottle by myself so does anyone else know if i can exchange it for anything else non-alcoholic?

I heard some people got calls from X on how X can make it a better experience for them on-board and i was hoping I will get that call and tell them the above but since I don't live in US, i doubt i will get the call.

Just off the Millennium on the 16th. We were given a bottle of Bouvet Brut Signature sparkling wine. We asked our stateroom attendant to chill it the next afternoon and bring a pitcher of fresh squeezed orange juice so we could make mimosas with it.

Archived