Best Option Arles to Marseilles

Lexcruiser

We are taking a Uniword river cruise that ends in Arles. We are spending the night in Marseilles before our flight early the next morning. Can someone recommend the best options for getting from Arles to the hotel in Marseilles. I assume Uniword can arrange a transfer but that tends to be expensive. If someone has done this, I would like to know the approximate cost. How much trouble is it to take the train?

We are taking a Uniword river cruise that ends in Arles. We are spending the night in Marseilles before our flight early the next morning. Can someone recommend the best options for getting from Arles to the hotel in Marseilles. I assume Uniword can arrange a transfer but that tends to be expensive. If someone has done this, I would like to know the approximate cost. How much trouble is it to take the train?

It is about an hour or 58 miles from Arles to main Marseilles. If you take a train, you could go into the downtown of Marseilles, but then it takes some time and distance to get from that central city location back to the airport that is NW of Marseilles.

You could, however, get off at the airport rail station. Do you need to go into main Marseilles and stay there? There are five hotels at the airport. You will want a ticket to go to Marseille Provence Airport, buying a ticket at the train station (interactive booth or desk) to 'Marseille Aeroport'. When you get off of the train, take the shuttle bus heading to the airport holding your train ticket. The length of the journey on shuttle bus is five minutes. You can get more airport info, hotels at:

http://www.mrsairport.com

Have considered spending a couple of extra days in Provence to explore other parts of it, having a car and then driving directly to the airport? There is so much super wonderful to see and enjoy in Provence.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived