Cruise Doc/Guest Name Need to Match Passport?

keishashadow

Paid off my cruise today:D

When taking a preliminary peek @ the document page of reservation, I noticed that our middle names are 'missing'

fyi, we are past guests & i did give PVP our full names when booking

note on res says the info has been prefilled & i'd need to contact PVP/carnival? to change any info:confused:

Do i need to fix this (add middle names to match passport & photo ID DLs) or just let it go?

Our middle names are missing too. It didn't seem to matter.

Airlines are pickier about this sometimes. It appears that in order to put your middle name in you have to run it together with your first name as if it was one name.

What I meant was that the Carnival site does not have a space for middle names. We were on a cruise in March and it did NOT matter at all!!

empty middle name 'spot' :confused:is highlighted on mine

when i click on my documents, then view (for documents/boarding pass) & also in fun pass status...middle names aren't listed

here's the exact message im receiving

This information has been pre-filled based on your reservation. If you booked directly through Carnival,

call 1-800-CARNIVAL or call your travel agent to have this information changed.

im aware of airlines policy (thanx) actually had to fill out redress DH & DS who got the full treatment each flight due to having name of a bad guy:rolleyes:

im going to try & change the fun pass online & see what happens, maybe that with change the boarding info.

I have never had a problem with it not having my middle name, However I have had a problem with it not having the full name. Such as Pat for Patsy. Or if you use your middle name as your first such as, William Dale, and you go by Dale. It should be lsited as William.

OK this happened to us on the last two cruises. What really matters is whether or not the name on your credit card matches exactly to your cruise documents. My friends name was Lisa Smith which she goes by and her real name is Carol Lisa Smith. The first people to check said she was fine, but the last person to process us before we boarded held up everything and made her have all documents changed. It took a good 45 minutes. So just to be on the safe side, call your PVP and ask him to correct it. We were also told that if your name is not exactly the same on all cruises, you will not get credit for past cruises. That is why here first S&S card issued before the correction was red even tho she had sailed before.

Paid off my cruise today:D

When taking a preliminary peek @ the document page of reservation, I noticed that our middle names are 'missing'

fyi, we are past guests & i did give PVP our full names when booking

note on res says the info has been prefilled & i'd need to contact PVP/carnival? to change any info:confused:

Do i need to fix this (add middle names to match passport & photo ID DLs) or just let it go?

I have cruised twice with carnival and both funpass and e-docs are missing my middle name. No problems.

I think the name matching deals with changed names (marriage and running from the law)

Last time MY TA gave Carnival the middle names and it still came up with just first names. Hmmm?

When a Carnival resi is made, there are only boxes for the first and last name. No need for middle.

First and last on the docs should be your LEGAL 1st and last names as shown on the passport.

i was able to edit the funpasses, thinking it might be that PVP did match the names via past guest info

just didn't want a hold up @ pier:)

im still antsy as I had NCL res cancelled by mistake last summer when i cancelled an excursion a week before sailing. Didn't find out until i rechecked our docs a final time a few days before leaving for vacation. it was a nightmare to have to work thru TA to get it fixed...wound up losing our cabin; glad i acaught it before we sailed.

Archived