Humour from the Iceland Volcano experience

FlyerTalker

From unattributed original sources in the UK:

1. It’s a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait awhile for the dust to settle.

2. I see that America has declared war on Iceland. Apparently they are accusing them of harboring a “weapon of ash eruption”.

3. It was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe.

4. Iceland goes bankrupt, then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it.

5. Iceland, we wanted your cash, not your ash.

6. Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup. I know, it's a no-fly zone.

7. Richard Curtis is working on a new rom-com about people stuck in an airport who fall in love. The working title is "Lava Actually."

8. I left my house yesterday and was hit on the head by a bag of frozen sausages, a chocolate gateau, and some fish fingers. I realized it must be the fallout from Iceland.

9. Woke this morning to find every surface in the house covered in a layer of dust and a foul stench of sulfur in the air. No change, I’ve been married to that bone-idle slob for 20 years.

They were probably called Bejam when you left. I think they were rebranded sometime in the late eighties.

Hmmm ... not sure if I remember Bejam either ... but that might be my memory. I am pretty sure they had invented frozen food before I left ...

They were probably called Bejam when you left. I think they were rebranded sometime in the late eighties.
To flesh this out, Iceland acquired Bejam in 1989, and Bejam stores were then rebranded as Iceland stores.

But I think that both companies were rather smaller then than they are now.

Archived