Room Service?

beverages. Alcoholic and some non-alcoholic beverages (soda, etc) are charged for. The 2.00 wa likely a soda.

We let the kids order and free room service, as long as they made sure to tip.

We gave them about 20 ones just for this, and thought it good practice.

beverages. Alcoholic and some non-alcoholic beverages (soda, etc) are charged for. The 2.00 wa likely a soda.

We let the kids order and free room service, as long as they made sure to tip.

We gave them about 20 ones just for this, and thought it good practice.

Yes, bring lots of ones. It works well for us. I am a bigger tipper, DW not so much. So with ones on hand we can tip as we see fit. Enjoy!

Thanks guys, I knew we needed a lot of ones for tipping but wasn't sure about extra charges on the bill. I will bring our own soda's and water on board, but the little darlings will love the ordering room service.

So thanks again

My son loved it but when we got back to the Marriott he went for the phone:eek:....so hd to tell him only on the ship can you order RS...lol :D

What we order fits on one tray and I tip $2. One thing with room service is it generally seems to take about an hour from when I order until it arrives. So keep that in mind when ordering. At least that has been my experience on the Spirit last Dec and again during our cruise to Hawaii we just returned from.

Just a random note- if you have breakfast delivered and set out your tip money so that you have it ready to go when they come (at least for us that was our "wake up" call. Have a few extra dollars ready, just in case.

Our tablemates (whom we became fast friends with) thought it would be hilarious to check off random stuff on our food card- syrups, jellies, an extra entree- and we got a HUGE tray when we thought we'd be getting just cereal and juice. Our tip was paltry compared to the tray size, and we had to take quite a while to figure out where the wallet was to get some more.

If 30-somethings think it's a funny thing to do after we went to bed, then surely it would be very easy for roaming children to do as well!

Used room service for breakfast every morning on the glory last year, gave a $2.00 tip each morning (for two people). We didn't get charged for anything, but didn't order anything that would require payment. We did order a couple beers once, they had us sign our S&S receipt, but you'd normally be charged for beer anyways. It wasn't any more expensive, except for the tip we gave (another $2).

BTW - I think you can set it up for anytime, they have the door card to fill out, great wakeup call.

I'll tell you in a couple weeks, we didn't try that. I only recall having a beer for me and one for the wife for lunch. I'll give it a try though.:D

Thanks!

I was just thinking it might be a nice thing to have late afternoon after a port day. Sit out on the balcony with my hubby and have a couple of cold ones while we watch "the runners."

Oh boy...I need to get back to work here!

Thanks!

I was just thinking it might be a nice thing to have late afternoon after a port day. Sit out on the balcony with my hubby and have a couple of cold ones while we watch "the runners."

Oh boy...I need to get back to work here!

worse comes to worse, just grab it on deck and bring it back to your balcony....

I think that room service started at 6:30. And they were on time when we requested that time! Woke us up, scared us to death. Yes we had ones on the counter for them. Loved the room service. Also there is no room service during day one(embarkation day). Everyone is busy getting the cruisers settled in.

Archived