Just Booked

CuriousCruiser66

Hello,

Just had to let you all know I've just booked our next cruise .... a long way off but definitely something to look forward to........ We will be on board the Grand princess out of Southampton on 20th September 2011 .................... 513 days and counting lol

Looking forward to saying hello to anyone else that has booked so far ahead.:D

Well done on your booking your cruise! We have also booked for June 2011 - Rome to Venice doing the Greek Islands. We had to miss Florence / Pisa last time as the ship couldn't dock due to strong winds, so I am hoping for better luck this time. I will also go to one of my favourite places - Monte Carlo. Went there on a cruise last summer and fell in love with the place. I know where I will be parking my yacht when I win the lottery!!

Hello,

Just had to let you all know I've just booked our next cruise .... a long way off but definitely something to look forward to........ We will be on board the Grand princess out of Southampton on 20th September 2011 .................... 513 days and counting lol

Good for you CuriousCruiser66. The Grand is....well, very Grand. Only 512 sleeps :D

Well done on your booking your cruise! We have also booked for June 2011 - Rome to Venice doing the Greek Islands. We had to miss Florence / Pisa last time as the ship couldn't dock due to strong winds, so I am hoping for better luck this time. I will also go to one of my favourite places - Monte Carlo. Went there on a cruise last summer and fell in love with the place. I know where I will be parking my yacht when I win the lottery!!

If you ask Fridaythecat.u.k nicely she may let you moor your yacht next to hers :D. Good luck with Florence.

Hello,

I am looking at the same cruise, and I am torn between a balcony & a mini suite. What cabin did you choose? Jan

Hi again,

Thanks for all your replies, We Have booked a balcony stateroom on Caribe Deck C510...... we had C434 on the Ruby in February this year and it was absolutely fabulous ..... gotta love those extra large balconies on Caribe Deck :D .... we we're completely happy with our choice and didn't even consider upping to a mini-suite as the extra £'s for a sofa and bath just seemed unreasonable especially when there are so many other things to spend that money on while we're cruising lol.

I did wonder about starting a roll call but I think its a little too early yet.

We don't get the luxury of price drops here in the UK the price you agree when you pay your deposit is what you have to pay so we do not keep a check on pricing, we just concentrate on the fabulous time we're gonna have on board....... We are more than happy with the price we're paying as its about the same as we payed for our Ruby trip but we're getting 4 extra days YIPPEEEEEE !!:D We also got a $600 on board credit which makes it even better !

If you ask Fridaythecat.u.k nicely she may let you moor your yacht next to hers :D. Good luck with Florence.

Hello Fridaythe cat.uk - I bet mine is bigger than yours! lol

No way! Mine is the best - here it is, parked up at my mooring in Monte Carlo :D

We did Rome - Venice last year on the Ruby. We were lucky that we didn't miss any ports due to the weather. ;)

1895134117_myboat.jpg.06ec09d0cc8a95b24d627d9b990fb598.jpg

No way! Mine is the best - here it is, parked up at my mooring in Monte Carlo :D

We did Rome - Venice last year on the Ruby. We were lucky that we didn't miss any ports due to the weather. ;)

I think I saw that boat in Monte Carlo when we were there! Were you the one lounging on deck sipping champagne? You didn't invite me aboard though!! lol. :p I will have to start doing the euro millions lottery too as I have a great big yacht to buy and a staff to look after it when I am away on my Princess cruises!!

I am looking forward to seeing Pisa too on this cruise after having to miss it last time, but if fate intervenes again and we miss it for a second time, we will just have to book another med cruise!

Hope you enjoyed the Ruby. That is one ship that we haven't done yet, but going on her sister ship the Crown in July. Looking forward to the International cafe I have read so much about. Its good to know there are "locals" who also have a love of cruising. Best wishes.

I think I saw that boat in Monte Carlo when we were there! Were you the one lounging on deck sipping champagne? You didn't invite me aboard though!! lol. :p I will have to start doing the euro millions lottery too as I have a great big yacht to buy and a staff to look after it when I am away on my Princess cruises!!

I am looking forward to seeing Pisa too on this cruise after having to miss it last time, but if fate intervenes again and we miss it for a second time, we will just have to book another med cruise!

Hope you enjoyed the Ruby. That is one ship that we haven't done yet, but going on her sister ship the Crown in July. Looking forward to the International cafe I have read so much about. Its good to know there are "locals" who also have a love of cruising. Best wishes.

Good luck with your quest to see Pisa! On the Ruby last year, we actually stayed on board when we docked at Livorno as I have been to Pisa and Florence before - my dad's partner has a villa near Siena (Tuscany) - nice! (and that is actually true, unlike "my" yacht!)

People's opinion's obviously differ, but in my view, once you have seen the leaning tower at Pisa, there ain't a lot more to do there :eek: There are some nice cafes where you can sit and people watch, but that was about it!

But I hope you get there and enjoy it :)

It's not too early to start a roll call! I started mine about 17 months ahead of time! I thought that time would never pass and here we are - only 4 1/2 months out from the sail date!

I know it seems like it'll be forever before you're on the ship, but it'll go by quickly. Hang in there and enjoy the planning. :)

Archived