Where Is Tahiti?

blackfoot

...maybe after Alaska season, Regatta will sail that way? just a guess.....:confused:....

After Alaska, Regatta is sailing east back through the canal, up to Montreal, and back to new York City -- where she will arrive on October 24, 2011. Where she heads after that is anyone's guess -- she may go back through the canal to the South Pacific, and then head back to Alaska in May, 2012. Marina will likely be doing the Caribbean after the Rome to Miami trip in November, 2011. Riviera will probably launch around April, 2012, and that's when things will really get cooking.

Blackfoot, if you were wondering where on the planet. It's south of the equator, a little further out than Hawaii. We were there last May, smaller islands than Hawaii, not as built up as Hawaii. We've been to Hawaii at least six times in 25 years, first time to Tahiti, glad we went but won't return, not what we like. We think all Pacific islands are beautiful, but we've become acustomed to certain things that were missing. Had a great Regent Cruise, and drove all over several islands so we did try to like it.

Isn't Tahiti the island that disappeared when Ben turned the wheel on "Lost" ?- now we will discover who are the "Lost" fans.

I am a" Lost" fan. The map is cool, I had not seen it til now.

Isn't Tahiti the island that disappeared when Ben turned the wheel on "Lost" ?- now we will discover who are the "Lost" fans.

I thought that was the island of Oahu, where "Lost" is filmed.

Check out this website:

http://www.lostvirtualtour.com/

You can go around Oahu and see all the settings where the episodes are filmed.

New England&Alaska- Nice,but Where is Tahiti?

Californians, in particular, hate this response, but it must be said.

In the long haul, Tahiti is just not an economically sustainable port of call for most United States travelers.

Without doubt, the unspoiled beauty of Tahiti has its' charms, and its' champions, yet geographically, Mexico and the Caribbean hold all the trump cards.

Occasionally a cruise line will operate in that part of the South Pacific, and manage to recoup their operating expenses on a cruise to cruise basis.

Sadly, as is now the case with the Paul Gauguin, once the equipment (the ship) becomes mechanically exhausted and needs to be replaced, the economics simply will not permit it, and then we are back to square one again.

Oceania will undoubtedly cruise to Tahiti again, but I see it as more of an offshoot to a Hawaii or Australian itinerary.

Speaking of Lost....

I happened to borrow Great World Religions: Hinduism from my local library. It turns out, I think Lost is based on the Hindu philosophy. Specifically, Dharma is:

• The pattern for proper and appropriate living, moral law;
  • The pattern for appropriate living based on the nature of things, not free will;
  • The duties of a person is to perform on their standing in society.

This definition of Dharma does provide some insight into the convoluted plots in the TV series. Four more episodes until the finally.

Californians, in particular, hate this response, but it must be said.

In the long haul, Tahiti is just not an economically sustainable port of call for most United States travelers.

Without doubt, the unspoiled beauty of Tahiti has its' charms, and its' champions, yet geographically, Mexico and the Caribbean hold all the trump cards.

Occasionally a cruise line will operate in that part of the South Pacific, and manage to recoup their operating expenses on a cruise to cruise basis.

Sadly, as is now the case with the Paul Gauguin, once the equipment (the ship) becomes mechanically exhausted and needs to be replaced, the economics simply will not permit it, and then we are back to square one again.

Oceania will undoubtedly cruise to Tahiti again, but I see it as more of an offshoot to a Hawaii or Australian itinerary.

I would expect that at best Oceania would only call in at Tahiti on a future Pacific crossing.

Archived