Anyone NOT Like the Cove Balcony

Happy0810

We've contemplated a Cove Balcony on our Dream cruise in October but not sure about it. We watched a YouTube video, and it seems like there can be a lot of sea spray so I'm not sure how I would like that. However, it seems a lot of people post here that they like the Coves. Any people that DO NOT like the Coves and can tell me why.

BTW, right now we are booked as PG rate in an aft L-shaped balcony so we can still change if we decide to.

We've contemplated a Cove Balcony on our Dream cruise in October but not sure about it. We watched a YouTube video, and it seems like there can be a lot of sea spray so I'm not sure how I would like that. However, it seems a lot of people post here that they like the Coves. Any people that DO NOT like the Coves and can tell me why.

BTW, right now we are booked as PG rate in an aft L-shaped balcony so we can still change if we decide to.

An aft wrap?

I would stay:D

but if not already booked, I would go with the Cove.

I like it and I have never even seen the Dream, much less been on it.

There are way too many good reviews on the Cove...not to give it a shot.;)

I haven't been in a Cove balcony but I don't think there's much spray from what I've read or seen on YouTube. You're still a good 2-3 stories above the water line, so unless you're in really rough seas I don't think you'll get much, if any, sea spray. And, in the case of very rough seas, there are heavy 'sea doors' they will close and lock so you can't go out on your balcony. I've only heard of this happening on the transatlantic cruise.

As for other problems, some of the Cove balconies are directly under the galley, and some have reported hearing the occasional scraping of equipment being dragged around or hearing dropped dishes. Not a widespread problem though and most people that have been in Cove rooms really seem to like them and reported no problems at all. I'll be in a suite come September but if I were to book the cruise again I'd like to try out a Cove room. I have a feeling I'm really going to miss looking down at the water hitting the side of the ship.

An aft wrap?

I think they mean the L-shaped aft cabin, with a balcony - but I could be wrong :cool:

Can't really help you. Our cove balcony on The Dream was literally the highlight of the cruise! We had excellent to fairly good seas the whole cruise and never had any spray up on our balcony.

An aft wrap?

I think they mean the L-shaped aft cabin, with a balcony - but I could be wrong :cool:

No, it's not an aft-wrap. Yes, Happy Cruzin, the L-shaped aft cabin with a larger balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also love to hear more comments regarding the cove balcony. I am days away from booking the Dream in October. I cannot decide whether to try to cove balcony or not. My one concern is that there appears to be a little ledge halfway up toward the railing. I am afraid that my kids may get adventurous.

I would also love to hear more comments regarding the cove balcony. I am days away from booking the Dream in October. I cannot decide whether to try to cove balcony or not. My one concern is that there appears to be a little ledge halfway up toward the railing. I am afraid that my kids may get adventurous.

I just got back from a B2B on the Dream. I had a Cove balcony, and absolutely loved it. There was no spray at all. You are still quite a ways up. I had room 2345, and never heard any noise whatsoever. It's the quietest cabin that I've ever had.

Joanne

Is there a lot of motion on the bow of the ship? I would guess that there would be. We were UP GRADED :rolleyes: to a suite on NCL. Guess what! Couldn't sleep for the water hitting bow of ship. I don't mean gently. :eek: Sounded like some slamming a huge board against your room. Didn't like it at all. :(

Luv's Crusin'

Archived