Pregnant Carnival Past Guest Pin

joebat1

2001Spiritvl.jpg2001Holiday.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has a different ship than the Spirit in the elongated "pregnant" format like the pin on the left???

I am kinda' thinking that after the first factory Carnival was using burned down the second factory produced these odd ball by mistake. It is my understanding that during the inaugural season the dated pins were given out on all cruising.

I would appreciate any & all information as I am trying to produce a mini-book with all the different plate varieties and other pertinent information.

2001Spiritvl.jpg2001Holiday.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has a different ship than the Spirit in the elongated "pregnant" format like the pin on the left???

I am kinda' thinking that after the first factory Carnival was using burned down the second factory produced these odd ball by mistake. It is my understanding that during the inaugural season the dated pins were given out on all cruising.

I would appreciate any & all information as I am trying to produce a mini-book with all the different plate varieties and other pertinent information.

Not the case for the inaugural season of the Pride - 2002 :(. We did not receive a pin for our first sailing - on the Pride, when she was just a few moths old.

But....they did give us the coffee table book that documented the building of the Pride ;).

A little clarification:

From 1994 through 1999 all pins were without a date. The Mardi Gras & Carnivale did not the funnel past guest pin.. All the ships in the fleet in 1994, the oldest ships Festivale and Tropicale, all Holiday class ships, and all the Fantasy Class that were in the fleet(single name).

For the Millennium Celebration Carnival introduced limited edition(47,000) 2000 pin for sale on all the ships then in the fleet.

The only dated ship pins are for 2000 & 2001. They were left in the cabins on New Years Eve for every passenger. These were produced in a limited quantity(?????) and given out for the New Years, sailing. The Victory's inaugural season was 2000 and the best I can ascertain they were given out most if not all the year 2000. In 2001 the Spirit and the Pride entered the fleet, and those two should have given the pins out all year(reverting back to past guest after the New Years sailing.

In 2002 Carnival then reverted back to plain pins in use today. In 2007 & 2008 the Fantasy Class after refurbishing had their names changed to "Carnival Inspiration," etc . In early 2009 the Holiday had new pins with the name "Carnival Holiday". The Holiday is the only one of her class to be renamed.

In late 2009/early 2010 Carnival began giving the pins to those cruisers who had obtain Platinum status.

Carnival%20InspirationDouble.jpg

[quote=joebat1;24174785

I.

Hi Joe

I have traded a few pins with you in the past.

Here is a picture of the Carnival Spirit pin that I have

photo-3.jpg

Mark

Archived