question about the soda package

okay first timer here and we plan to get the soda package as i drink at least 3 sodas before 10am i know not good for me but it is what it is so heres the question i know i can get diet coke but my husband wants to know can you get Dr.Pepper? he is not a huge fan of coke and it wont be worth it to get for him if they dont have Dr.Pepper so can anyone tell me PLEASE:)

if they dont have Dr.Pepper so can anyone tell me PLEASE:)

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero are about the extent of the selection. We just got off of the Explorer of the Seas and they were allowing folks to bring cases of soda on board, so you might consider trying that.

Might be a dumb question, but if I get the soda card can I get can soda or do I have to get fountain only? If I can get can soda, am I able to drink the can soda's from the fridge in the room? Just want to make sure I am clear on everything. Thanks!

Might be a dumb question, but if I get the soda card can I get can soda or do I have to get fountain only? If I can get can soda, am I able to drink the can soda's from the fridge in the room? Just want to make sure I am clear on everything. Thanks!

No cans, the soda package is limited to fountain Soda and if you take cans out of the mini bar you have to pay for those on top of the Soda package.

Thanks everyone, guess i'll skip soda package for hubby and try to bring him the DR.Pepper on board with us we are sailing Freedom of the Seas anyone have problems taking a case or 2 of soda on board? also are there different sodas you can get in the can that you would have to pay for?

Do they have the 'glasses/ cups' with tops that you can purchase and use during the cruise?

Thanks...

I believe if you get the soda package they give you one of those insulated beverage cups/lids, like a travel coffee mug but without the handle. You can get your soda-package sodas in that, or if you dont' want to carry it around just show your seapass with the soda sticker on it to the server/bartender. You can purchase similar travel cups in the gift shop but I don't think the bars routinely serve anything in a cup with a lid.

I don't get the soda package, but like having a lid, so I always take my Tervis tumbler and lid with me on cruises; keeps my drink from blowing all over me when walking around a breezy pool deck!

Per RCCL rules, you are not permitted to bring soda on board. However, the OP, may have been thinking this was a Carnival ship, which will allow you.

Depends on where you look. Most written policies only state no alcoholic beverages allowed.

We have brought soda on board all of our RCI cruises without any issues. They knew exactly what they were when putting on the ship, no smuggling involved at all.

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero are about the extent of the selection. We just got off of the Explorer of the Seas and they were allowing folks to bring cases of soda on board, so you might consider trying that.

Previous mentions of a caffeine-free diet soda I have seen in other threads indicated this type of soda was only found in cans and supplied (if available at all) as part of the Soda Card at the generosity of the specific bartender. Has Sprite Zero been added to the fountain "gun" in some/all bars? Varies by ship? Varies by bar? I had resigned myself to Diet Coke as the lesser of 2 evils (OK, water would be better than any soda :)).

I have a question - we bought the soda package on our cruise in October. We are planning another one for Jan, and can we just bring our mugs with us on this cruise? I know they also put the sticker on your room key, but we never had them check the cards - they just refilled the mug. I assume they change the colors after a while, so maybe they won't let us. But if we could get the soda package at a reduced price because we have the mugs already would be great!

I have a question - we bought the soda package on our cruise in October. We are planning another one for Jan, and can we just bring our mugs with us on this cruise? I know they also put the sticker on your room key, but we never had them check the cards - they just refilled the mug. I assume they change the colors after a while, so maybe they won't let us. But if we could get the soda package at a reduced price because we have the mugs already would be great!

I have gotten the soda package on like 3 of my RC cruises and the mugs are different. I don't know how often they change them or if it is by ship or what but they have been different.

ok so if the unsweetened iced tea is free, where will we get it at?is it at the bar or in the Windjamer? thanks again for the newbie questions:)
Tea (lemonaide too, sometimes fruit punch) is available in the Windjammer or in the Main Dining Room. It's not available at the bars. Juice and milk are available in these venues at breakfast but not later in the day.

If you're Southern, you will not like what they call iced tea on the ship. It's that from-concentrate stuff.

You can get real tea bags and make a cup of hot tea in the Promenade Cafe. Then you can pour that tea over ice and have what we Southerners like. Sugar and sugar substitutes are available.

No, they're a bit too smart for that and change up the design on the mugs. The mugs are "free" with the purchase of the soda card, so there would be no discount if you didn't want one in any event. You can certainly bring your old mugs to use, but you will also have to show your card.

Archived