Best type of room?

Frassy

What type of room would ya'll suggest for three individuals to include my dad, stepmom and me? (trying to be as economical as possible, but have plenty of bed space~~no one is able to climb in and out of a bunk)

Thanks.

Most ships have cabins with either a sofabed or pullmans...or both! Pullmans are generally located ABOVE the main bed....sofabeds are located next to the main bed. Try for the largest cabin you can afford (depending on the ship!!!)...some cruiselines have varying sizes of cabins...on other lines, they're all the same size, until you get to the "suite" level....

Go to each cruiseline's website, and request a brochure...the deck plans with all the bedding types are in the brochure. They will send it to you...no charge.

Most ships have cabins with either a sofabed or pullmans...or both! Pullmans are generally located ABOVE the main bed....sofabeds are located next to the main bed. Try for the largest cabin you can afford (depending on the ship!!!)...some cruiselines have varying sizes of cabins...on other lines, they're all the same size, until you get to the "suite" level....

Go to each cruiseline's website, and request a brochure...the deck plans with all the bedding types are in the brochure. They will send it to you...no charge.

Thank you very much. I will do that. I truly appreciate your help!

Virtually all of the cruise lines have their own web sites. Quite a few of them have their deck plans in PDF format to download - that way you wouldn't have to wait to get something in the mail.

One way to get a feel of how big the cabin is - find a room in your house with a similar square footage.

Example - my kitchen and dining area is 10 x 20 feet - 200 sq ft. Our inside cabin on the Radiance of the Seas to Alaska was 165 sq. ft. so I knew it was a bit smaller than my kitchen.

Our balcony cabin on the HAL Westerdam was 197 sq. ft. so I knew it was almost the same size. I was curious and measured once we got on the ship - turned out to be 9 x 21.

Remember - that square footage includes everything - bathroom, closets, etc.

But the cabins are laid out so well that it's surprising how much room you have even in the smaller cabins. Our inside on the Radiance really didn't seem cramped for the 2 of us. Tiny bathroom though - pretty much one person at a time. Takes a bit of scheduling when you're getting ready in the morning, etc.

Virtually all of the cruise lines have their own web sites. Quite a few of them have their deck plans in PDF format to download - that way you wouldn't have to wait to get something in the mail.

One way to get a feel of how big the cabin is - find a room in your house with a similar square footage.

Example - my kitchen and dining area is 10 x 20 feet - 200 sq ft. Our inside cabin on the Radiance of the Seas to Alaska was 165 sq. ft. so I knew it was a bit smaller than my kitchen.

Our balcony cabin on the HAL Westerdam was 197 sq. ft. so I knew it was almost the same size. I was curious and measured once we got on the ship - turned out to be 9 x 21.

Remember - that square footage includes everything - bathroom, closets, etc.

But the cabins are laid out so well that it's surprising how much room you have even in the smaller cabins. Our inside on the Radiance really didn't seem cramped for the 2 of us. Tiny bathroom though - pretty much one person at a time. Takes a bit of scheduling when you're getting ready in the morning, etc.

Very good idea about the square footage...thanks. I have cruised before but just once and there were only 2 people in the room.

Archived