Johnny Rockets question

You go in and you want a beer to go. No cover charge. You pay about a dollar less (and get 4 oz more) than the other bars onboard, although their selection is limited.

The beer comment got my attention. Didn't know JR's served beer and that it is cheaper and a bigger serving than the rest of the ship. Is it draught or bottle?

Come on now....you're paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for your cruise, and you're worrying about a stupid $4.95 cover charge?
Will they pour soda in your hands for a dime?
No. They charge $1.45 plus 15% gratuity for that.
Laugh all you want, but watching my pennies is why I was 100% debt free, lived in a paid-for house, drove two paid-for cars, and had my two kids' college accounts fully funded before I was 40.
The beer comment got my attention. Didn't know JR's served beer and that it is cheaper and a bigger serving than the rest of the ship. Is it draught or bottle?
Yes, JRs serves draught beer (very limited brands). I can't remember exact numbers, but I'm thinking it was 20 ounces vs. a standard bottle at the other bars. And in addition to being slightly larger, it was cheaper. My husband did complain about one thing: When you get a take-out beer, they serve it in a paper cup. He thought that was odd, but not so odd that he quit going there for his beer.

Hi,

More questions...sorry.

1/ Is the burger at JR different than the one serve at the pool area?

2/ We want to let the kids experience JR, we are not a meat eater, can we go in with them without paying the surcharge?

Thanks,

Tibbie

Hi,

More questions...sorry.

2/ We want to let the kids experience JR, we are not a meat eater, can we go in with them without paying the surcharge?

Thanks,

Tibbie

Yes, it is different from the one at the pool area.

As for question 2, my one experience is that they DID let us do this with our son, but it was at a time when JR was not too busy. I can't guarantee that they would let all of you in w/o paying, at a time when people are waiting for tables.

Hi,

More questions...sorry.

Thanks,

Tibbie

They do serve a Boca burger.

I've not been on an RC ship that served burgers by the pool. They are different from the ones at the buffet -- JR burgers are better. How much better? Not much.

JR isn't much of an "experience". If you don't want meat, you can get a grilled cheese or a Boca burger (I love the black bean variety, but they have to have a good slice of tomato on top).

Another option is to get take-out. We've picked up lunch to enjoy by the pool.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived