Johnny Rockets question

No, but here's what you CAN do: Go in by yourself and get a double (or triple) burger, then cut it in half to feed two people. You can also ask for a double-portion of onion rings.

For heavens sake it's only $4.95 people. Just pay up !

Rocket Double (1192 cal/79 g fat/3 g fiber/58 g carbs) 30

1/2 Fries & 1/2 Rings (720 cal/36 g fat/9 g fiber/92 g carbs) 15.5 (16.5)

Vanilla Shake (1120 cal/60 g fat/2 g fiber/131 g carbs) 27

:eek: :eek: :eek:

oh forgot dessert

Apple Pie (930 cal/59 g fat/6 g fiber/88 g carbs) 22.5

a la mode (520 cal/32 g fat/0 g fiber/52 g carbs) 13

Yep, as many as you can eat at one sitting. When you come back to the restaurant, you will pay the surcharge again and then you can eat as many burgers as you want at that sitting. The charge is per visit, not per cruise. So....If you can eat 6 burgers at once, then you've got a truly good deal.;)

Not quite as good of a deal as all the FREE food being served in the Windjammer.

But you had a special circumstance (and I'm glad they helped you with it). The OP wanted to know specifically about sending one person (paying one surcharge) to order full takeout meals for several people. They set the standard take-out amount specifically to stop that kind of thing.

beachchick

I know the burgers are good but I just can't see paying for food when there is so much other good food that you don't have to pay for. I'll get flamed for this but I feel the same way about Chops and Portofino. I just can't see paying additional money for food.

I know the burgers are good but I just can't see paying for food when there is so much other good food that you don't have to pay for. I'll get flamed for this but I feel the same way about Chops and Portofino. I just can't see paying additional money for food.

I don't think you'll get flamed; you'll just have people who disagree. I don't always choose the lowest cost option, when I dine out. Sometimes I go to Outback Steakhouse, when I could get a cheaper meal at Sonic, and sometimes I spend more at nicer restaurants, when I could get a cheaper meal at Outback Steakhouse. Most people don't mind paying a little more for what they consider a better experience.

:eek: :eek:

oh forgot dessert

Hey! Not bad. That's less than 4500 calories! But...I think you forgot that dipping sauce that goes with the onion rings. :o

ok so if we eat at JR pay the charge do I leave a tip on the table or on my sea pass or is the tip included in the daily tips? thanks!

The tip is included, so anything else you leave would be an extra tip (which you may leave on the table or add to the SeaPass bill, if you so desire).

One sitting is fine, I can eat six burgers in one go!

Or I could just never leave for the entire cruise......

Is your name Wimpy (just kidding). Only Popeye’s buddy can eat that many hamburgers. I hope you saved room for the apple pie a la mode.

So...hang on?

You get to have unlimited burgers for what will work out to be about £3?

....this is going to be the best holiday ever....

Well, no, that's not really accurate: You've already paid for your meal elsewhere, so it's really your pre-paid meal PLUS $3 (sorry, I don't know how to make the pound sign on the keyboard).

Also, you're probably going to take your family. So for my family it'd be the fee X 6 people . . . and remember that we can get unlimited burgers in the Windjammer without the fee.

It's a fun option, something different from the Windjammer, but it's hard to paint Johnny Rockets as a bargain.

For heavens sake it's only $4.95 people. Just pay up !
You manage your money one way, I'll manage mine another. I don't mind paying for things I want, but I'm not going to throw money away when equally good options exist.

My husband and I often get take-out from a great little mom-and-pop burger joint here in town. One double burger is perfect for us to split -- if we each had a single burger, it'd cost more and we wouldn't finish it. Same thing applies to Johnny Rockets.

Is your name Wimpy (just kidding). Only Popeye’s buddy can eat that many hamburgers.
Can I eat today, but not be charged on my seapass until Tuesday?

Note - on most US keyboards, you can get a "£" by holding down the alt key, then typing 0163 on the number pad (it doesn't work on the numbers at the top of the keyboard.) alt + 0128 gets you the Euro sysmbo "€"

Rocket Double (1192 cal/79 g fat/

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

THAT is almost half your recommended daily calories intake and about 90% of your daily fat intake !!!!!

Jeez ! I will be spending A LOT of time in the gym methinks !!!

I am going to have to limit myself to one or maybe two for the whole cruise and forget the fries I am steering well clear.

Some follow up questions:

Is it ok to share my soda card?

I can bring my own alcohol on board, right? Just like I can bring my own booze to a bar, or professional sporting event...right?

I can get up at 7AM, go put a beach towel on a lounge chair by the pool so I can have a place to sit at noon, right?

I can wear shorts and flip flops to the dining room on formal night, right?

If the regular pools are just too crowed, it's ok to take my kids to the Solarium, right?

If I don't eat in the dining room, do I have to tip my waiter?

Come on now....you're paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for your cruise, and you're worrying about a stupid $4.95 cover charge?

No. You go in and you want a sandwich. You pay the cover charge and eat all you want. You may or may not be able to use your soda card; it kind of depends up on the servers.

You go in and want a shake to go. You JUST pay for the shake.

You go in and you want a beer to go. No cover charge. You pay about a dollar less (and get 4 oz more) than the other bars onboard, although their selection is limited.

You go in and you want an apple pie or a sundae to go. You pay nothing. No cover charge.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Will they pour soda in your hands for a dime?

:confused:

We just got off Liberty and the Johnny Rockets was lousy. It took almost a half hour to get waited on and it wasn't very busy. Then we ordered two milk shakes and had to ask twice for them and got them just prior to dessert. The burgers tasted lake they were made a few hours earlier. We ALWAYS love to go to Johnny Rockets but this was well below par.

:eek:

oh forgot dessert

Holy #$@#$

I love Johnny Rockets but that's an insane amount of calories. The Smokehouse Burger though:

a2970114-48-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

I don't think you'll get flamed; you'll just have people who disagree. I don't always choose the lowest cost option, when I dine out. Sometimes I go to Outback Steakhouse, when I could get a cheaper meal at Sonic, and sometimes I spend more at nicer restaurants, when I could get a cheaper meal at Outback Steakhouse. Most people don't mind paying a little more for what they consider a better experience.

Damn Paul, that's twice we're agreeing in just one day. I think we'd best prepare for another volcano blowing off somewhere.:D

That said, we never do the specialty restaurants because the wife refuses to pay extra for dinner. I, on the other hand, have a tough time with $50.00 to hear some old lady curse out the one who yells "Bingo", but any married guy has been down that road before so we know who wins.

Honestly, we both think the best thing about a cruise is the ability to tailor the vacation to so many individual desires and priorities.

Is your name Wimpy (just kidding). Only Popeye’s buddy can eat that many hamburgers. I hope you saved room for the apple pie a la mode.

Apple Pie? Nah, I'll just squirt some ice cream on another burger! Voila, gourmet!!

Well, no, that's not really accurate: You've already paid for your meal elsewhere, so it's really your pre-paid meal PLUS $3 (sorry, I don't know how to make the pound sign on the keyboard).

Also, you're probably going to take your family. So for my family it'd be the fee X 6 people . . . and remember that we can get unlimited burgers in the Windjammer without the fee.

Nah, just me and the wife, but i get what your saying, I'm largely joking. I just enjoy nothing better than a good burger! (And theres nothing to say I can't still have a main meal! :-D)

Holy #$@#$

I love Johnny Rockets but that's an insane amount of calories.

It is, but how many people really eat a rocket double, all of their fries/onion rings, a shake AND an apple pie ala mode. It's not only an insame amount of calories; it's an insane amount of food.

The orignal burger is "only" 620 calories, btw. :)

Archived